PDA

View Full Version : Borderlands: New Eden [IC]

AngryCyc
2014-07-09, 12:00 PM
New Eden: Prologue

"The first I heard about the group, they were just a bunch of the same ol' nally-snaggers as the rest of the lot, off gallivantin' and pilferin', and tryin' their damndest to make a silver into a platinum. They had done a few jobs around Exile's Landing, namely for that chap Erandle. Why he ever trusted that mismatched bunch, I'll never know. 'Something about them... a feeling. Hope, almost? It feels right.' he said. Well I guess he knew what he was talkin' about alright.

See what he did was, got 'em in nice and close to him. A meal here, a bed there, sometimes even throwin' the scent off when some thug got tired of 'em and tried to send some mercs after them. And they did a few things to assist ol' Erandle in return. Simple things really, ran a few times to Portsmouth for him to pick up some things, or drop some things off. They were jobs worth doing, and that's all that mattered. But rumors, they got out, ya know? These little towns, so much fear and uncertainty, it can't keep bottled up for too long. Sometimes things break. These rumors were what started the break.

'I've heard of a place. Several have already went, and only a single person from 2 groups has returned, though word on the street is that 2 other groups have also tried to go. No word of them has come back in 2 weeks. This could be it: A Vault. It's certainly got the danger written all over it. Take what you need, and ... just. Just be safe, you know? It might not be worth dying for, even if it's worth dying for. But if it's a Vault, remember me will you?" That's all Erandle had to say on the matter. He pointed the way, said good luck, and went back to his business.

A real chance of finding a Vault though! So few had been found before, but when they were, oh my gods was it an ordeal! Now I don't know what they thought they'd find out there on that lonely peninsula, surrounded by so much water and stone... But Hoodalally were they ever excited! Slipped out a' town real quiet-like before the sun even came up, and took a full week taking the long way to the south, hopin' to not be followed nor run into any other Hunters. But when they got to that southernmost tip of the island, I hear their hearts could be heard thumpin' from miles away. All rocks and cliff and anger down there, right? With the seas pounding away on them sharp edges, they weren't quite sure what they was lookin' for. And then was sure... Great black hole, just open to the world, with steps carved down the rocks spiraling deeper. Now, them boys, right? They go down thinkin' this was it; do or die time. I'm not sure what they thought they'd find, but let me tell you what they did find: A big ol' ambush waitin'. Not just for them. For all the Vault Hunters. It seemed like Erandle had been fed a false line.

What they found down them steps, in the black of the earth, just might have been a Vault at one time. But all it was now was traps and shadows, and things that go bump in the night, with an even shadowier group of ruffians lookin' to make their Million by taking it from others. A pretty smart plan for such a group, too! Just spread a few rumors, lure some Vault Hunters down into the dark, and take what they wanted from the lot, kill most, maybe send someone back with the threat to send others or else.

What they didn't plan on was getting THIS group o' Vault Hunters though... Nearly hacked them all to pieces they did! And that's where our story really starts......"

"And on that cold, windy day, they found the start; the chain of events that would unravel it all. Though they knew little of what to do, sheer luck and accident would guide them. The seas themselves were willing to aid those Chosen, if they but claim for themselves. Decide your destination, brave ones, and sing it out loud and clear!"

After hiking out to the southernmost tip of the island and searching the caves inside the shoreside cliffs,navigating aptly through several makeshift traps, the party found an ambush waiting of about 8 thugs. 7 thugs now lay dead or bleeding out, while the last has just thrown down his weapons, and is cowering in fear, begging for his life from the group:

"MERCY MERCY! I didn't mean it... It was never my idea to do these things! You've killed the guilty ones already! If you spare me, I can help! I can show you what we've found down here!" the half-orc says, almost sniveling, pointing to what appears to be not much more than a smooth rock surface illuminated by the various torches that line the 40 ft circular room you have all found at the end of the long, trapped hallways down the stairs.

Gildedragon
2014-07-09, 12:57 PM
Ceir looks at the half orc. You mean the door at the end of the hall? he asks, pressing the still hot gunbarrel to one of the bleeding thugs' wounds to cauterize it. Because I think we're aware of that. You really ought instead be helping stabilize your friends. I'm sure they'd appreciate not dying. I ain't no healer, but if you want I can lend you a hand. he says. Ceir had not died for his own recklessness (ie: stupidity) enough times for him to feel merciful to those who (because of their own "recklessness") found themselves at risk of dying; and really what was trying to ambush a well prepared cadre of vault-hunters but 'recklessness'.
He noticed a pouch of silver bullets and pocketed it.

AngryCyc
2014-07-09, 01:14 PM
"I wasn't friends with any of them... That one there was the leader. It was his plan, and he said it was foolproof... and that anyone who argued would get a bullet tween their eyes. While I'm not that well off with the lot of you, I'm even less well off with them all here too..." He says a bit frantically now that his main ace-up-his-sleeve has been revealed so soon. He crouches down on the ground, squatting pitifully in the dirt and staring down at his feet.

Gildedragon
2014-07-09, 01:34 PM
Hey, we ain't gonna kill ya. You can head on home if you like. Or you know, stick around and help out. Just no backstabbing cause that'd be bad Ceir says with a smile. If you got any healing knowhow you could, ya know, stabilize these folks. Cause if I play around with their wounds I think I am more liable to kill them than not.

Athaleon
2014-07-09, 06:23 PM
Having claimed his share of the loot, Argos finally turned to address their captive. "This is some quality kit." He casually hefted a massive spiked hammer for emphasis. A pilfered shirt of mithril mail glimmered on his chest, in sharp contrast to his well-worn traveling clothes. "Who financed your little expedition? Was it your late leader, down... over there? Or someone above him?"

"Either way," he continued, "you're better off as a prisoner than alone in the wild with seven warm piles of meat. So get up, and make yourself useful, and I might choose to forget that you ran with the likes of this lot."

Arkive
2014-07-09, 06:48 PM
"Let's see what shinies these guys hide." Completely ignoring the half-orc in favor of the potential loot behind the hidden door. It might not be a vault, but hopefully there's plenty more shinies behind it. He stops short of the door, remembering the cowardly kobolds from back home and their affinity for trapping their caves. He smiles at the half-orc, "Maybe let new orc friend open the door for us." He impatiently fidgets near the door, looking it over to see if he can spot any signs of traps.

perception to see if the door is trapped: [roll0]

Prehysterical
2014-07-09, 07:06 PM
Putting on his own new magic bandolier, Clod looks at the other half-orc with a frown. While normally such a statement would be very unconvincing, Clod can tell that this one actually means it. Walking up to the surviving bandit, he says in a growly voice, "So, your boss-man put you up to it, huh? Well, help us out and maybe we can help you out, boy." Looking over to the unconscious bandit chief, he asks, "You want me to put a bullet between his eyes? Sounds like I'd be doing the world a favor. Might even be a bounty on him." He holds his trusty pistol up meaningfully.

PChubby
2014-07-10, 12:40 AM
Azgrim fidgets as he adjusts his new cloak and headband. "The dead hold little interest for me, this door on the otherhand.... " The dwarf cautiously steps over the dead as he makes his way to the wall with the hidden door. "It's piqued my interest." He takes a step back and says a few words as he grabs his holy symbol, then focuses his gaze on the door and the surrounding area.

Azgrim carefully examines the door area with Detect Magic. If nothing shows he will spend a round of Remote Viewing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo---domains/knowledge-domain) to see what's on the other side.

Perception [roll0] if needed.

Vhaidara
2014-07-10, 08:02 AM
Abrogolam looks from the man to the door.
I don't think he'll be any harm. Though perhaps he could redeem himself by helping us get to the treasure. His share will be his life. Anyone else think that sounds fair?

AngryCyc
2014-07-10, 08:48 AM
As the half-Orc starts to realize he isn't about to be killed he relaxes a little. "There wasn't any "funding"... It was just luring Vault Hunters here with rumors, and then taking their stuff. Whatever they had on them at the time." He moves slowly over to the door... Still a bit too scared to make any sudden movements with all the weapons still drawn around him.

As he approaches the smooth stone that is probably a door, he takes out a small knife and just barely cuts his forearm, then presses the blood against the stone.

The stone seems to absorb the blood, with bright red veins spidering out from the place touched, extending out in branching paths that slowly fill the shape of a large doorway, before the entire thing dissolves away into thin air, revealing a tunnel further in.

The half-Orc steps back away from the tunnel and goes over to look closer at some of the fallen... Particularly eyeing any loot that hasn't been taken yet.

Gildedragon
2014-07-10, 12:45 PM
Ceir stares at the doorway, approaching it. Well, that's one way to open it. I half expected we'd have to bash it down as usual. he raises his hand as he peers down the tunnel. Lights... he whispers and three orbs of light appear, and slowly bob down the hall. Any traps? he asks Ghurk.

Athaleon
2014-07-13, 10:50 AM
Argos peers down into the gloom, squinting at the likely places for traps. "We could always send our new friend here in first."

[roll0]

PChubby
2014-07-13, 05:47 PM
Azgrim peers into the doorway for a moment then clears his throat. "If he knows how to open it, he's probably knows where not to step." The dwarf raises an eye brow as he turns towards the half-orc. "How far in did you explore?"

AngryCyc
2014-07-13, 07:26 PM
"A-... All the way? I suppose? It just leads to more chambers and stuff... Nothing super important."

Gildedragon
2014-07-13, 08:47 PM
I can go first... Getting first dibs on any treasure, of course Ceir teases, giving his partymates a wink, as he pulls out the anytool, unfolding it into a pole. So, let's see if we see anything with that he cracks his knuckles and begins a simple search, ready to start tapping from 10' away if nothing was found.

Athaleon
2014-07-15, 11:14 AM
"Nothing super important? Great! You won't mind walking right next to me, then." Argos put his arm around his captive's shoulder in a mockery of camaraderie, gripping him tightly as he strode confidently towards the entrance.

AngryCyc
2014-07-15, 12:00 PM
Loaded out with some newer gear, most of it originally belonging to probably now-dead Hunters who were not quite so adept at handling a gang of thugs, the party makes their way through the tunnel. A little ways in they start to see open windows carved in the rock, looking out along the coastline. The tunnel appears to follow alongside the cliffs they had seen on the way in.

Looking out on the sea and the cliffs below shows many jagged rocks being dashed by the shores below. Mist and foam froth below while farther, larger waves undulate across the open sea, with a spattering of large, rocky islands jutting from beneath the grey-blue water. A beat up old longboat appears to be haphazardly sliding between rocks near the shore a ways below.

Moving through the tunnel, they see where the gang had lived. Dirty bedrolls, half-eaten food, and various other forms of rubbish dot the small cavern-like room.

Arkive
2014-07-15, 04:49 PM
Ghurk looked up from the shiny, polished belt buckle that had caught his eye and realized that the group had started down the hallway without him. He catches up with them in the bandit's living area. Taking stock of the squalid cave the bandits used to live in, he smiled a toothy grin. "Reminds Ghurk of home." He grabs some of the leftover food. Speaking through mouthfuls, he offhandedly comments, "Ghurk home not near big-sea. Not smell like big-sea salty." He sits and munches on the food while playing with his new 'shinies' - some gold pieces and the polished belt buckle.

PChubby
2014-07-16, 11:29 PM
"Was that your party's boat we saw on the way in?" Azgrim says with a nod back to the tunnel. He pauses as he pans the small room with a look of distaste and disappointment. "This is it? Are you sure there's not more? That's a hell of a door for such a squalid little place." He begins examining the walls around the room waiting for the captive's reply.

AngryCyc
2014-07-19, 01:30 PM
"Boat? No.. the waters here are far to treacherous to attempt sailing. We just walked here. the half-orc says as everyone sizes up the place. "I don't know if there was more here before, but we were brought in by the bossman and he knew what this place was and told us it would just be used as a place to live and make our Million. I guess it's been here for a long, long time before we arrived here."

Athaleon
2014-07-19, 11:31 PM
"Like he said, one hell of a door for a hole like this." Argos addressed their captive, looking directly into his eyes. One hand lay on the half-orc's shoulder, heavy but open - for now. "Anything you're not telling us?"

Intimidate: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll1]

PChubby
2014-07-21, 11:57 PM
"From the looks of that boat someone braved the waters. Did anyone else besides the "Bossman" know your crew had set up shop here?"

Azgrim joins Argos and the captive. "If you've got more you'd best spill it."

AngryCyc
2014-07-22, 09:14 AM
"N-No! I already told you a-all I know!" he says shakily as he tries to back against the wall. "Please! I've told you all there is to tell! I was brought here, the boss had already found it or bought it or whatever. We came here from Portsmouth, we've lived here for a little while, and we've been taking whatever we can from those looking for a Vault! You've already taken most of what the rest of the gang had accrued..."

Gildedragon
2014-07-22, 03:55 PM
I am inclined to trust him says Ceir looking around. Reckon any loot that was here was turned into this gear. He thumbs one of the silver bullets he'd picked. It was not a small amount in bullion... maybe silver decorations had been melted down to make them.
Pity another dud...

any kn check that might be useful for this place?

Athaleon
2014-07-23, 03:55 PM
Argos held the captive's gaze for a moment longer, before breaking out in a grin and patting him patronizingly on the cheek. "All right, I believe you. But I still think this place is more than a hole in the wall. How thoroughly did your band of merry men search this place?"

PChubby
2014-07-24, 02:24 PM
Azgrim sighs and rolls his eyes at how little the captive knows. "They didn't seem to be the most observant lot. Maybe a new set of eyes can find what they missed" The dwarf utters a few words under his breath and begins meticulously examining the the room.

Detect Magic again and search the walls/floor of the room for any hidden doors, magic writing, or other form of clue

Perception: [roll0] +2 for stonecunning

carnivoroustofu
2014-07-28, 01:42 PM
Rosabeth taps her chin absentmindedly as she looks around in the room. She had seen a vault or two in her own travels and tried to deduce from past experience if there was more to the place than the half-orc had uncovered.

Not sure which knowledge that is, dungeoneering/engineering I guess ?
Knowledge:dungeoneering [roll0]
Knowledge:engineering [roll1]

Prehysterical
2014-07-31, 10:25 PM
While the others search the room, Clod considers the prisoner. Better keep this boy talking. Leave him alone and he'll get desperate. Desperate people do stupid things, like get killed.

After doing a brief once-over of the room, Clod eyes the other half-orc. Taking a packet of orc rations out of his magic pack, he hands it over to the prisoner. The spicy smell of peppers and sausage should be instantly recognizable to an orcish nose. "Where you from, boy? How'd you get shipped out here? I'm assuming you didn't just walk across the water."

AngryCyc
2014-08-02, 09:49 AM
Eating the food offered to him, he says "Magnimar... shipped me here after I got caught Stealing. I joined up with this crew to try to stay alive and earn my Million..."

For the record, y'all are just standing around in a little room with old bed stuff in it, where the gang probably slept and hung out when they weren't doing anything particular.

Prehysterical
2014-08-07, 10:57 AM
After waiting for a while, Clod looks around at the other Hunters. "You boys seeing anything? 'Cause I sure ain't. Guess we're just gonna have to go back and tell him it was a bust."

Athaleon
2014-08-07, 12:04 PM
Argos sighs, "I guess so. Think we have enough daylight left to make some distance, or should we just bed down here and get going in the morning?"

Gildedragon
2014-08-08, 08:42 AM
Proper beds for a night? That sounds like something I could get behind says Ceir with a grin, sitting on one of the cots.

carnivoroustofu
2014-08-09, 01:25 PM
Rosabeth prods a stained sheet with her cane in obvious distaste. "If we must, I guess.."

Arkive
2014-08-09, 01:33 PM
"It's not total bust. We got some shinies from the deads." Ghurk cuts a length of rope from his pack and begins tying up the half-orc's hands. "Ghurk can take first watch."

Vhaidara
2014-08-09, 01:37 PM
Abrogolam, who had set up his alchemy kit and had started mixing, holds a vial out to Ghurk
Here you go, my simple friend. This should get you well rested during your watch.
He sets to work mixing another extract.
Does anyone have any particular enhancements they want for tomorrow? I can mix a few up during the night.

Mixing up an Extract of Keep Watch. Since I have Infusion, you can use it. Willing to prep more infusions to hand out tomorrow.

Athaleon
2014-08-09, 03:52 PM
"I wouldn't mind one of those potions that makes you grow to twice your size for a few minutes. You know the ones I'm talking about, right?" Argos grinned. He had a few vials of the stuff tucked away, but it would never hurt to have more.

Vhaidara
2014-08-09, 03:58 PM
Yes, they are most useful in siege works. Get a big man with a hammer, make him bigger, and let him smack the walls down. I personally prefer the horse method, but occasions with the time for setup that requires are quite rare.
Abrogolam scribbles on a note as orders begin to be placed.

PChubby
2014-08-13, 04:33 PM
Azgrim reluctantly speaks up as the party makes preparations for the night. "I didn't bring this up before 'cause I hate doing it BUT I can try and speak with the dead if we want to see if the dead leader back there can answer some of our questions."

Prehysterical
2014-08-13, 05:34 PM
Clod looks up interestedly. "Would help us out a bunch if you could do that, Lawman." The nickname was an inside joke in the group for the disciplined dwarf archer.

PChubby
2014-08-14, 07:57 PM
Azgrim gives Clod a half-hearted sneer and a heavy sigh at the nickname. "Well, I can only ask a few questions so we better make 'em count. Let's go see what the dead have to say for themselves." He says with a wince. Then he heads back down the tunnel with whoever joins him.

The dwarf makes his way through the tunnel quickly, pausing to check the spot where they saw the boat earlier. As he approaches the blood door, he approaches cautiously and listens to make sure the dead are still alone.

@ the boat:
Perception [roll0] to see if it's moved or if anything has changed.

@ the Blood Door:
Stealth [roll1] to approach
Perception [roll2] to listen

AngryCyc
2014-08-14, 08:33 PM
Azgrim noticed the boat still there, and also does not currently hear anything else through the stone.

PChubby
2014-08-14, 09:50 PM
Hearing nothing of note, Azgrim opens the door and heads to the body the captive pointed out as the leader. He speaks a brief incantation before kneeling down next to the corpse.

"This probably weirds you out as much as it does me. Just answer my questions and you can get back to your eternal rest. Who do you work for?"

Speak with the Dead (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/speak-with-dead): 3 questions DC19 Will to resist/lie.

Sense Motive [roll0] on his answers

AngryCyc
2014-08-14, 10:48 PM
The spell strangely has no effect at all.

PChubby
2014-08-15, 12:48 AM
Azgrim's eyes widen as he realized the spell has no effect. He places a hand on the corpse to make sure it's dead.

Using Lore Keeper (27 Knowledge check) from the Knowledge Domain (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo---domains/knowledge-domain) to see if the corpse is undead or just dead.

AngryCyc
2014-08-15, 08:15 AM
The body is simply a dead body. It is not itself undead.

PChubby
2014-08-15, 02:31 PM
Azgrim stands and quietly dusts himself off as he looks around the room. *Damn. Who the hell else spoke to him already?* The dwarf wairly backs out of the room, shutting the blood door once through. He briskly heads down the tunnel checking behind him to make sure he isn't followed.

When he reaches the cavern where the party has settled in he clears his throat and speaks."Be wary lads, we're not the only one's on this rock. Someone already spoke with the dead leader when I got there."

Prehysterical
2014-08-15, 05:42 PM
All traces of relaxation are gone as Clod stands up and fishes his trusty pistol out of his magic bandolier, swearing,

"Damn it all to hell. Should've known it wouldn't be this easy. Mind making some bombs real quick, Sparky?" The question is directed at Abrogolam.

Vhaidara
2014-08-15, 05:49 PM
Abrogolam shakes his head.
Not a chance of me making them in advance. They tend to explode pretty quickly. But if anyone wants a potion, I might be able to mix one up before things get unpleasant.

carnivoroustofu
2014-08-16, 12:38 PM
"Ominous. There doesn't seem to be much we could wedge the door shut with. Well, Ghurk, I hope you're in a watchful mood." Rosabeth adds as she dusts off one of cleaner bedrolls meticulously.

Arkive
2014-08-16, 08:47 PM
"Ghurk has some spikes to make door stuck." The goblin pulls a piton and hammer out of his pack. "We want to shut up door or go find others on our rock?" He grins a bit at the possibility of shooting off his guns again.

If the consensus is to sleep for the night, Ghurk will hammer the pitons behind the door to prevent it from opening.
Ghurk's got a pretty low strength, though. If hammering the piton into the stone floor is an issue, he'll hand it off to someone with higher strength.

Gildedragon
2014-08-17, 01:32 PM
Ceir looks around the crew trying to figure out their next move. With a flourish he pulls out a deck of cards from his vest pocket, shuffling them. Nailing the door shut does sound good... until we want to get out. But gotta say it does protect against whatever heebie jeebies snafu-ed the spell. With a grin he slams down the cards. So who feels like a round of cards? Keep some of us up while keeping watch? After all odds are nothing will come through.

Athaleon
2014-08-17, 01:41 PM
"I never play cards with anyone who offers to start a game." Argos grumbled. "Actually, I'd rather not be trapped in here if anyone's coming for us. Is the door we came in the only way back out?"

AngryCyc
2014-08-17, 01:56 PM
Yes

barring jumping out the windows in the hall.

Athaleon
2014-08-17, 02:07 PM
"I say we rest near the door and keep a good watch, then go looking in the morning. If we can't beat whoever is out there, it's either run or get locked in here."

PChubby
2014-08-17, 04:24 PM
"Good thinking. A close watch on the door and our thief friend over there should get us through the night. If no one has a preference, I'll take first watch so I can meditate in the morning. In the meantime, deal me in Ceir but I'm keeping a close eye after that last game."

carnivoroustofu
2014-08-18, 11:42 AM
"Alrighty then. I'll pass on the cards," Rosabeth yawns while holding on to her chosen bedroll. "I'd rather get some shut-eye.."

Gildedragon
2014-08-20, 01:31 PM
Ceir scoops pebbles off the floor, as well as varied knicknacks from his pockets. "Best not to put gold on the line, don't want anyone feeling robbed." he quips, starting to deal out from the hundred card deck.

Arkive
2014-08-21, 12:53 PM
"You can play boring cards-game. Ghurk will sleep. Wake up when Ghurk's turn for keep watch." He tosses the keep-watch extract back to Abrogolam and finds a cot to curl up in.

Prehysterical
2014-08-21, 05:50 PM
Reluctantly, Clod puts away his piece and settles down to sleep. He is careful to place his tower shield over him and facing the door, with one hand tucked inside his vest pocket. Never hurt to be careful.

AngryCyc
2014-08-27, 06:18 AM
The party beds down for the night to rest up, spreading out the watch and some even staying up later to entertain themselves with card games. Eventually everyone gets enough rest and morning rises pink and glossy, dawns rosy fingers creeping into the windows of the hall overlooking the sea. The night was surprisingly cold, though even the most basic of bedding was enough to comfortably sleep through the night.

The half-orc, still restrained and obviously uncomfortable, looks around trying to gauge what the party will do with him this morning...

Let me get order for when you leave the door, and who goes first. Maybe go ahead and roll initiative too, just in case.

Athaleon
2014-08-27, 07:48 PM
Argos woke up and instinctively reached for his hammer. Only after his hand found it, and he saw nothing untoward, did he deign to yawn and stretch. After a swig of water, he waited for the rest of the party to get ready.

Argos will volunteer to be first through the door.

Initiative, if necessary: [roll]

PChubby
2014-08-28, 12:37 AM
Azgrim woke before the others and quietly began his meditation: focusing on the sounds of the waves crashing on the rocky shore while ponderous thoughts of knowledge and self-improvement meandered through his mind. When he finished his contemplations for the day, he meticulously packed his things finishing just in time to see the others stirring.

"Morning you lazy lot" He says with a sarcastic, flowery tone and a wry grin. "Up and at 'em. Let's get off this rock and find us a vault!"

While the others readied themselves for the day, Azgrim lays a hand on the blood door to see if the coast is clear.

Remote Viewing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo---domains/knowledge-domain) on the door
Perception: [roll0] (if needed)

Azgrim will stay towards the back of the line up with his bow.
Initiative: [roll1]

Arkive
2014-08-28, 09:24 AM
Ghurk yawns a wide yawn that shows off his sharp teeth. He adjusts his bandoleer, picks up his pack, and joins Argos. Waiting impatiently on the others, he starts a little song.

"Ghurk and group
find empty vault
full of bandits
we big-time fought

Now find real vault
big-full of loot
but if they's bandits,
shoot, shoot, shoot!"

As he sings the last line, the little goblin mimes shooting pistols akimbo.

Ghurk will take up the third position, if there are no objections.
Initiative: [roll0]

carnivoroustofu
2014-08-28, 01:40 PM
Rosabeth scratches her cheek as Azgrim's greeting rouses her from her sleep. Replying with a slurred "Uuuhrr", she gets up with much reluctance and ties her unruly hair into a quick bun. After a quick patting down to ensure her possessions were all accounted for, a quick pirouette with her black cane and the loud tap on the ground followed; Rosabeth was ready for business. "Lead the way, boys."

initiative [roll0]

staying in the back as well, she ain't no point man

Prehysterical
2014-08-28, 07:02 PM
Clod had taken the last watch, so he watched as Azgrim did his meditation thing and the others woke from a good night's sleep.

He gives a little laugh at Ghurk's antics.
"Hah hah, good one, Lil' Green." He flips a silver coin over in appreciation.

Looking over at Argos waiting near the door, he looks at him questioningly and shrugs.
"All right. Would be nice for someone else took the bullet for once."

Getting up and walking over to their captive, Clod regards him sternly.
"Somebody paid yer boss a visit last night. Might still be around. If you want to live long enough to get back to town, you stay behind me and you don't cause no trouble. Get me?"
Clod will go second, with our new "friend" right behind him.

Vhaidara
2014-09-05, 01:04 AM
Abrogolam takes a position in the middle after tossing Argos a flask. He had been up all night experimenting

Have an Enlarge Person extract.

AngryCyc
2014-09-05, 07:23 AM
All looks clear on the other side of the door. Everything is exactly as it was left. A collective exhale of relief is felt around the party as they gaze through the door, armed and ready for conflict only to see normalcy before them. As they start filtering through the secret door, making their walk back into the opening chamber of the cavern to start the ascent back up to the entrance, Rosabeth alone notices something peculiar. As they all file in, tiny droplets of blood begin to well up along the walls around them!!

Combat begins! Surprise round, and with hidden rolls, Rosabeth is the ONLY person who notices the surprise round. She gets one turn noticing the walls starting to bleed and nobody else notices anything. After the surprise round (whatever Rosabeth does) the first round of combat will begin though anyone who rolled above a 10 initiative is still unaware unless Rosabeth makes you aware of the situation... so unless she changes your actions, you're likely all still just marching because nothing seems out of place. Anyone who rolled under a 10 initiative does not have a turn yet until after the "enemy turn".......

Edit: Just checked, you two who rolled exactly 10's for initiative move after the enemy.

AngryCyc
2014-09-16, 06:47 AM
Making their way through the cavern, the group relaxes a bit until they hear from the back of the party "Hey why is tha- AAAAAHHHHHH!!" Rosabeth screams, pointing to all the walls around them!

Fresh blood begins seeping through the cavern walls. Around, the blood starts drawing distinct forms on the walls, starting at the top of each head and working down slowly. The visage of Abrogolam, Ghurk, Ceir, Rosabeth, and the half-orc captive each appear on the wall! Starting with their hair and slowly working down to show their eyes, nose, mouth, and then whole of their faces, everyone can see the drawing-versions features a look of pain and agony and horror.

Abrogolam, Ghurk, Ceir, and Rosabeth each feel as if their sanity or their soul is being siphoned into the drawing, and that destroying it is the only way to save themselves.

Each take 2 points wisdom damage.

Religion is the relevant Knowledge check here.

It's the party's turn now.

Vhaidara
2014-09-16, 07:03 AM
Abrogolam shrieks
Haunt! It'll drive you MAD! Kill it!
Cackling, he pulls up his musket and fires at the drawing of him.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]

Prehysterical
2014-09-16, 01:47 PM
Startled by Rosabeth's scream and Abrogolam's warning, Clod's hand jumps to his vest like lightning and pulls out his trusty pistol. Snapping it to point at the bloody image of their captive, he fires off two shots in quick succession.
Using Gunslinger Initiative deed to draw pistol as part of Initiative.
Also, using a swift action to reload pistol from Beneficial Bandolier.
Attack 1: [roll0] (touch AC if within 20 feet)
Damage 1: [roll1]
Crit Confirm 1: [roll2]
Crit Damage 1: [roll3]
Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5]
Crit Confirm: [roll6]
Crit Damage: [roll7]

Arkive
2014-09-16, 01:51 PM
The little goblin shrieks as he pulls out a double-barreled pistol. He unloads both barrels at the goblin-face-in-the-wall, then pulls out another pistol and unloads its single barrel. He did not like the wall wearing his face. Not one bit.

2xbarrel shot:
Attack: [roll0]
Crit: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]

Attack: [roll4]
Crit: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6]
Crit: [roll7]

1xbarrel shot:
Attack: [roll8]
Crit: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]
Crit: [roll11]

PChubby
2014-09-16, 04:24 PM
Following on the other's footsteps, Azgrim takes careful aim and fires a barrage at one of the images drawn on the wall.

Ranged Flurry of Blows:
Attack1: [roll0] Crit:[roll1] Damage:[roll2]
Attack2: [roll3] Crit:[roll4] Damage:[roll5]
Attack3: [roll6] Crit:[roll7] Damage:[roll8]

carnivoroustofu
2014-09-17, 10:57 AM
Rosabeth twists a small knob near the handle of her cane and is greeted with a loud and crackly mechanical voice, "TOAST MODE ENGAGED". Stabilising the cane with her left hand, she braces as a burst of flame erupts from the end towards the blood images of Clod and herself "BBBUUURRRNNNNNNNNN!!!"

Burning hands DC 20 (17+1[spell focus]+2[cone spell through arcane gun])
Rosabeth's image [roll0]
Clod's image [roll1]

Athaleon
2014-09-17, 11:55 AM
Argos was a bit startled at the imagery, but shook it off quickly. "Is this cheap trick meant to scare us? Actually, it did seem to be scaring his companions. Better be rid of this illusion quickly. He hefted his hammer and smashed his corresponding image on the wall.

Activating Rage and Power Attack, and Sundering the wall. Argos' hammer is Adamantine (ignores hardness under 20). Using Strength Surge on the second attack to counteract the lower BAB.

Sunder: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Sunder: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

AngryCyc
2014-09-17, 12:01 PM
Fort save [roll0] DC 74

What do you know, the fort save fails. Who could've seen that coming.

With a great -CRACK- the walls of the cavern, and even chunks of the roof, begin to break apart. Large pieces of stone begin collapsing around everyone, making a cave-in near imminent.

[roll1] damage to everyone, Reflex save DC 16 to half it. And the Haunt is dead.

Athaleon
2014-09-17, 12:08 PM
Argos' triumph was still filling his veins when he realized his hammer might have been a bit too effective. Now he was scared. "Everyone out! Go! Go!" he roared, and sprinted for the exit.

Reflex: [roll0]

Prehysterical
2014-09-17, 12:13 PM
Whether it is his sixth sense or the cracking sound, Clod is able to move aside and only suffer a glancing hit from a boulder.

"Argos, you idiot!"

Clutching their captive close to him and raising his tower shield over their heads, Clod moves to the exit.

PChubby
2014-09-17, 01:11 PM
Azgrim manages to avoid some of the falling debris before dashing out of the room with a "BAH!"

Arkive
2014-09-17, 03:37 PM
Ghurk didn't need anyone to tell him to get out; he recognized a cave-in. Leaping from spot to spot, he carefully avoided the falling debris on his way out of the room.

carnivoroustofu
2014-09-18, 12:41 PM
One of the rocks clips Rosabeth on the back of the head as she races out. "Ow, keep that hammer in check, dammit!"

Vhaidara
2014-09-18, 05:57 PM
Reacting on instinct, Abrogolam tumbles backwards, avoiding the worst of the rockfall

AngryCyc
2014-09-28, 05:59 AM
The collapsed cave rings in everyone's ears, everyone who made it out at least. Their captive half-orc was not quite so lucky, as apparently being restrained lessens one's ability to dodge out of the way of collapsing rock... he still lies somewhere under the pile. Not a sound is heard.

The rest find themselves back outside in the open air, scuffed up but altogether alright.

Athaleon
2014-09-28, 09:13 AM
Argos retorted to the chorus of grumbles, "How was I to know that cave was so weak? Seems to me we're still better off this way, the way some of you were screaming." Changing tack, he motions to the rubble behind them. "Forgot about him." His demeanor made the gist of his thoughts plain: Too bad, buddy. My heart bleeds for you. Not. "Anyone think our prisoner is still alive in there?"

carnivoroustofu
2014-09-29, 09:38 AM
Pressing a hand to back of her head to stem the bleeding, Rosabeth quips "Maybe if you wrecked the pile rubble like how you ruined the cave, we might just find out.."

Athaleon
2014-09-30, 05:29 PM
"I'll get right on hammering the stones back into place." Argos rolled his eyes. "Next time something makes you scream, I promise not to hit it."

Prehysterical
2014-09-30, 05:45 PM
"When you slam a hammer that big into a wall, you don't get to be surprised when the roof comes down on top of you."

Shaking his head, Clod turns to regard the wreckage. Despite his best efforts, their prisoner had gone done with the ceiling. Damn, how fresh off the boat was he? Could've been useful.

"That boy's prob'ly dead now, or at least I hope he is. Gettin' trapped under rubble is near the bottom of my 'Ways to Die' list.

This whole thing's been a bust. Guess we better head back and tell the boss."

PChubby
2014-10-01, 11:41 PM
Azgrim pulls a wand from his pack and makes his way around the survivors giving a quick tap to those injured.

"My sympathies to the poor bastard. I wished him no ill as long as he was helping us." He pauses in silence for a moment. "I agree with Clod, not much for us to do here now except head back."

carnivoroustofu
2014-10-02, 01:29 PM
"Aye, I'll second that. This whole trip has been a bust. Time to cut our losses and leave this dump I say."