PDA

View Full Version : Living construct subtype vs aging?

Ken Murikumo
2014-07-09, 12:39 PM
So Renegade Mastermaker gains the living construct subtype at lvl 10. The subtype doesn't say anything about modifying how you age, but to my knowledge, there are no RAW living construct races that age. Warforged, for example, has no maximum age and only incurs the first aging penalty at 150 years with no penalty thereafter.

I know this isn't a huge concern, but my character has an artifact that effectively utilizes 1 hour and turns it into 1 day for the users, but at a drawback of aging 2 days. So prolonged usage can force you to age pretty quickly.

Yogibear41
2014-07-09, 01:07 PM
I'd say you more or less live forever as long as you take the time to upkeep your parts. you may want to use the warforged ages, but to me there is no reason a warfored should take the -1 to physical stats as long as he does maintenance on himself every century or so.

weckar
2014-07-09, 01:09 PM
As long as parts are available, as well as the skill for the upkeep (perhaps a druid to help out with the wooden parts, there) there is no reason a living construct should ever see the effects of age. Physically, at least.

Ken Murikumo
2014-07-09, 03:01 PM
Very cool. I plan on having Artificer and Maester, plus a crazy high craft skill, so there is no reason for me to ever not upgrade.

Thanks guys!

Psyren
2014-07-09, 03:41 PM
Warforged do age. They stop taking penalties at middle age and don't have a maximum age, but they do take penalties for that first step. The table can be found in ECS.

For a RMM I would simply do the same - have you get to middle age and stop. (Either middle age for your race, or middle age for Warforged - probably the former since RMMs have more "fleshy" bits.) From then on you would live forever.