PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Houserule: would this break the game?

PsyBomb
2014-07-09, 12:48 PM
So, I'm running a game that has a lot of terrain. Forests, city structures, cave walls, etc. Would the following houserule break the game wide open? The group is mostly melee (more or less by accident, but it's working out to near-wuxia levels).

Bull Rush: On a successful Bull Rush that strikes a solid surface before reaching the end of its movement, the victim and surface each take 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet remaining in the movement (as though falling, no save or skill checks allowed to counter)

I know it's stealing a page out of Dungeoncrasher, but this just seems common-sense to me.

Trasilor
2014-07-09, 12:58 PM
Not even close to game breaking.

Remember, most monsters are bigger, stronger and better at these things...so the PCs are most likely to suffer this.

PsyBomb
2014-07-09, 01:55 PM
Not even close to game breaking.

Remember, most monsters are bigger, stronger and better at these things...so the PCs are most likely to suffer this.

I see your point, although this group is more doing the action-movie thing against Medium to Large roughly-humanoids. Thanks.

Anxe
2014-07-09, 02:18 PM
My group uses that rule and its not gamebreaking. Its quite difficult to even deal the 1d6 damage.