PDA

View Full Version : Something I noticed in the Eberron campaign setting...

lumberofdabeast
2007-02-28, 01:42 AM
Keith Baker, Rich Burlew, and Phillip Nathan Toomey wrote the three proposals that made it to the final stage.
Is this Rich the same Rich as our own Giant in the Playground? And if so, has he ever released any info on this campaign setting? If it's one of the best proposals WotC recieved, it has to be worth a read...

JadedDM
2007-02-28, 01:47 AM
Yes, it is the same Rich. That's why lots of people often refer to Keith Baker (usually jokingly) as Rich's 'rival.' I'm not sure if he ever released any info on his setting, though.

Bears With Lasers
2007-02-28, 01:49 AM
He's not allowed to release any info. Wizards owns the setting, he's under a Non-Disclosure Agreement.

brian c
2007-02-28, 01:49 AM
I think in the FAQ here (or a post or something) Rich said that he can't release it because it's still property of WotC. He's gotten some WotC actual published material though, and maybe his campaign setting will see the light of day sometime...

edit: bear-ninja'ed... hehe, bear ninjas

lumberofdabeast
2007-02-28, 01:58 AM
Oh. Well, that's nice to know. I'm gonna go cry now. *grabs box of tissues*

El Honcho
2007-02-28, 02:01 AM
Take a look to the left, in the gaming section. "The Gleaner" by Keith Baker.

It has a nice footnote:"Keith Baker is a talented game designer and novelist who has written work for Atlas Games, Goodman Games, Green Ronin Games, and Wizards of the Coast. His card game, Gloom, won the 2005 Origins Award for Traditional Game of the Year. He also designed some campaign setting or something. At long last, his will has been crushed beneath the iron heel of his archnemesis, Rich Burlew, and he has been chained to a desk somewhere in Colorado to churn out fodder for this website. His bizarre cow fixation is frequently on display at his personal website, www.bossythecow.com.

Rich Burlew can't draw anything but crappy stick figures.
"

Dizlag
2007-02-28, 09:52 AM
He (Rich Burlew) has just released Dungeonscape (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/956847200&dcmp=ILC-DNDdungeonFP).

Gratz Rich! Very sweet book!

Dizlag

brian c
2007-02-28, 11:53 AM
He (Rich Burlew) has just released Dungeonscape (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/956847200&dcmp=ILC-DNDdungeonFP).

Gratz Rich! Very sweet book!

Dizlag

Yeah, that's what I meant. Is that out already? It looks to be a very nice book, I might have to go over to a bookstore and browse it