PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed A Swordsage Fiend of Possession.

Cranthis
2014-07-09, 10:01 PM
Ok, so I had an interesting thought for a character. The Fiend of Possession prestige class from the Fiend Folio. I intend to make an 8th level character using this class. I'm thinking that Swordsage would go well with it, but the thing is, I have no idea what to do when it comes to the ToB. I'm also unsure of a race that would work with this. It the character itself will most likely be chaotic good, but I'm not sure how to get the evil-subtype in there without level adjustment. I'm currently reading the Swordsage Handbook for help with that aspect of the Build, but I would still appreciate suggestions from you guys. I do realize that if I'm possessing an object, I can't use my Swordsage abilities until level 10. But I can't change the starting level of the campaign. I am also open to pretty much any other class for this.

Too long, didn't read: I need to make an 8th level Fiend of Possession (Fiend Folio pg. 204)

All books allowed, no Dragon Mag, Dragon Mag Compendium (its a book!) is allowed.

torrasque666
2014-07-09, 10:03 PM
Lesser Tiefling?

Cranthis
2014-07-09, 10:06 PM
Lesser Tiefling?

That was the first race I looked at, but it doesn't appear to have the evil sub-type.

Thurbane
2014-07-09, 10:07 PM
I don't believe Tieflings have the Evil subtype.

The easiest entry is Kaorti (FF) - but that's 2 RHD and LA +2.

...or if you can get the cash, any race using the Rituals in Savage Species that grant Subtypes.

sideswipe
2014-07-10, 05:03 AM
ask if taking a a few levels of taint and worshipping an elder evil will qualify enough for your dm to give you the sub type