PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Blood and sand

jinete
2014-07-10, 08:04 AM
I'm preparing for a whole-weekend long Pathfinder getaway, and I want to pit my players in a series of arena combats.

The combats will be mass scale at first, with hundreds of participants in the first bout, and progress to one-on-one combat at the end.

However I'm pressed for time and ideas, so I'm here to look for help Are there any good links/adventures/ideas you all can share? I'm hoping for something more exotic than "I'll throw in some lions" which I've got so far

The organizers of the tournament will spare no expense, so the weirder the better.

Flashy
2014-07-10, 08:17 AM
What classes do you have, and what level are they? It's easier if we can give you monsters of approximately correct CR.

Apart from that what about pitting them against a powerful illusionist along with a collection of bizarre creatures. Make the arena at least partially a maze (which the spectators can of course see down into) and have the fight be largely about determining what is and isn't real. Have the spectators constantly shout endless contradictory advice at the players.

jinete
2014-07-10, 08:27 AM
The party is level 9, a Paladin, Magus, Inquisitor, Ranger and Fighter. No full casters, which is nice :)

The illusion maze sounds interesting. At the end they should however reach an area where they can square off with other gladiators, but maybe less time spent in the maze can give them an edge in the main fight... ;)

I'm planning for a series of different combats, so any ideas are welcome.