PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Classes that count as Fighter for the purposes of feats

Larkas
2014-07-10, 10:56 AM
Which are them?

SimonMoon6
2014-07-10, 11:04 AM
Here's a partial list:

1. Fighter

Talya
2014-07-10, 11:08 AM
Magus counts 1/2. If you go with certain archetypes, it boosts it to full.

torrasque666
2014-07-10, 11:13 AM
Eldritch Knight does.

Drelua
2014-07-10, 11:13 AM
There's the Martial Artist Monk archetype, if you have at least four levels.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, it says the feats have to work with unarmed strikes or monk weapons. This sounds like it might not include feats that don't apply to a specific weapon, like some of the critical feats for example. I'll leave the full wording below for other people to decide.

At 4th level, a martial artist may use his monk level to qualify for feats with a fighter level prerequisite when those feats are applied to unarmed strikes or weapons with the monk special quality.

Larkas
2014-07-10, 02:52 PM
1 - Base Classes

1.1 - Bloodrager (arcane bloodline, @1, full level, Disruptive and Spellbreaker feats only) [ACG]
1.2 - Brawler (@1, full level) [ACG]
1.3 - Fighter [PCR]
1.4 - Magus (@10, ½ level) [UM]
1.5 - Samurai (@3, full level, restricted to feats that apply to chosen weapon) [UC]
1.6 - Swashbuckler (@1, full level) [ACG]
1.7 - Warpriest (not fully fleshed out) [ACG]

2 - Archetypes

2.1 - Kensai Magus (@7, level -3) [UC]
2.2 - Myrmidarch Magus (@7, level -3; @10, full level) [UC]
2.3 - Martial Artist Monk (@4, full level, retricted to feats that apply to unarmed strikes or monk weapons) [UC]

3 - Prestige Classes

3.1 - Eldritch Knight (@1, full level) [PCR]

Did I miss anything?

Kudaku
2014-07-10, 03:05 PM
The Warpriest treats its level as fighter levels for its bonus feats, but that's not out for a while yet.

Larkas
2014-07-10, 03:10 PM
The Warpriest treats its level as fighter levels for its bonus feats, but that's not out for a while yet.

Did that change after the playtest? In the revised document it doesn't.

Iwasforger03
2014-07-10, 03:25 PM
Did that change after the playtest? In the revised document it doesn't.

The Warpriest does NOT, as of the revised Playtest, count as a Fighter for feat prerequisites.

Samurai DOES, however, but only for feats that specifically select his chosen weapon (such as weapon spec).

I believe there may be a gunslinger archetype that could qualify for fighter feats, but I can't guarantee that i'm not mistaken.

Kudaku
2014-07-10, 03:28 PM
The revised Warpriest does not, the finished Warpriest does (http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lg7q&page=6?Advanced-Class-Guide-Preview-Warpriest#281) - that's why I added the "not out for a while" rider at the end.

Iwasforger03
2014-07-10, 03:40 PM
And there goes fighter. That was the nail in the coffin lid. Adios buddy.

Vortenger
2014-07-10, 03:46 PM
Warblade counts as fighter -2 for feat prereq's.

Kudaku
2014-07-10, 03:47 PM

Well, the Warpriest was also bumped down to 3/4th BAB. The fighter's been having issues for a long time but I don't think the WP is going to be the class that delivers the deathblow.

Iwasforger03
2014-07-10, 03:52 PM
Well, the Warpriest was also bumped down to 3/4th BAB. The fighter's been having issues for a long time but I don't think the WP is going to be the class that delivers the deathblow.

Warpriest being bumped down 5 bab then getting fighter feats hardly fixes anything. I'd say it creates more problems, because Warpriest gets THE most variable feats of any class EXCEPT Fighter. Only Fighter has more feats (and flexible feats) than Warpriest. Even Gunslinger and Swashbuckler only get 15 flexible feats, Warpriest gets 16 (increase all numbers by 1 if human). Warpriest also gets a static bonus feat, weapon focus. And Casting. GOOD casting. And a whole mess of other things that are worth more than everything fighter gets combined, even with its Full BAB and d10 HD.

It didn't need Fighter feats too.

*note: I Love warpriest conceptually and functionally as it is in the playtest, and the closer the final version is to the playtest the happier i'll be with it. But It didn't need fighter feats too.

Kudaku
2014-07-10, 04:14 PM
If I'm not mistaken the Slayer actually gets more (and better) feats than the Warpriest for the first 10 levels, though his selection is more limited. I'm more worried about the slayer pushing out the fighter than the warpriest, to be honest. Then again, the fighter needs to get pushed around a bit. Hopefully they'll revisit in in Pathfinder Unchained.

Iwasforger03
2014-07-10, 04:37 PM
Far as we can tell, they've already stated the only classes they're gonna do **** with are rogue, barbarian, monk, and synthesist summoner.

Fighter is getting left out in the cold, again, unless somebody talks them into doing something for it, or hell, giving it feats worth taking.

squiggit
2014-07-10, 04:38 PM
How can that be the nail in the coffin when it's already been in the ground for years?

Larkas
2014-07-10, 04:39 PM
Ah, alright, thanks for the clarification, guys!

Far as we can tell, they've already stated the only classes they're gonna do **** with are rogue, barbarian, monk, and synthesist summoner.

Fighter is getting left out in the cold, again, unless somebody talks them into doing something for it, or hell, giving it feats worth taking.

At 256 pages, I really doubt that these are the only classes they're going to address in PU.

Iwasforger03
2014-07-10, 04:44 PM
We'll just have to wait until we get more news. It's at least 6 months away, probably more like a year.

And that was my personal nail in the coffin man, my personal nail. I still had hope till that moment.