PDA

View Full Version : In honor of PraxisVetli

CyberThread
2014-07-10, 09:24 PM
Why do monks float in the air to prevent fall damage? As monks level up do their muscle mass increase to the point that they gain greater air friction providing a slower fall?

Why are wizards stronger then sorcerers, wizards have to go to school and learn things, sorcerers are like anime heros, they slackers but are the magical heros!

If my DM is doing bad things like making things to challenging, how can I get vengeance on her and make a character that is so OP it destoryes everything she makes?

If paladins are warriors of god(goddess) , why do they suck so bad?

If a monk could run as fast as a monk could run, how many feet would a monk run too run?

If Urpriest, eggynack, and psyren don't agree on a topic, who is corret?

Is a druid truly OP or is a fighter just that under powered?

I think it is time we had an iron chef for 5e

There PraxisVetli missed my questionably entertaining threads, I came back from retirement to post these, I hope they last you long enough as it takes for me to get the PHB 5e in my grubby hands.

Vhaidara
2014-07-10, 09:26 PM

I can answer this one
1. If it involves druids, probably eggynack
2. If it involves monsters, probably Urpriest
3. If it involves PF, probably Psyren
4. Else, Tippy

PraxisVetli
2014-07-10, 09:32 PM
There PraxisVetli missed my questionably entertaining threads, I came back from retirement to post these, I hope they last you long enough as it takes for me to get the PHB 5e in my grubby hands.

AHA, I feel special.
This always bothered me though. Why do Paladins suck?
Why is it that in order to be a tanky death machine of a deity, you have to be a cleric?

Crake
2014-07-10, 10:29 PM
Why do monks float in the air to prevent fall damage? As monks level up do their muscle mass increase to the point that they gain greater air friction providing a slower fall?

They dont float in the air, the monk slow fall ability requires a surface nearby to slowfall with, it's more like wall sliding from megaman X

eggynack
2014-07-10, 10:48 PM

Seems like the answer is yes.

enderlord99
2014-07-11, 01:29 AM
I can answer this one
1. If it involves druids, probably eggynack
2. If it involves monsters, probably Urpriest
3. If it involves PF, probably Psyren
4. Else, Tippy

I thought it was always Curmudgeon.

Vhaidara
2014-07-11, 08:23 AM
I thought it was always Curmudgeon.

The list isn't quite complete. Keeping Tippy at the bottom (the "Else" line), add in
If it involves RAW, probably Curmudgeon
If it involves the planes, Afroakuma

Spore
2014-07-11, 09:08 AM
Yanisa is quite active in PF threads as well.

Vhaidara
2014-07-11, 09:14 AM
I was just naming forumites who I've seen around. When I was new to this subforum, one of my friends actually described Psyren as a guru of PF. I've seen eggy's druid handbook WIP (truly, truly terrifying btw). Urpriest's monster handbook is fantastic. Afroakuma has his own recurring thread for questions about the planes. Curmudgeon's reputation as an acolyte of the RAW is pretty well known. And Tippy wins.

Psyren
2014-07-11, 10:20 AM
AHA, I feel special.
This always bothered me though. Why do Paladins suck?
Why is it that in order to be a tanky death machine of a deity, you have to be a cleric?

They honestly don't. (Well, the Code might suck depending on your campaign.) But if T2+ is what you need to "not suck" then lots of classes will be disappointing.

u wot m8

The Viscount
2014-07-11, 12:11 PM

1. I had just assumed as monks leveled up they get more wires enabling them to do better wire-fu.

2. Because there are a million ways to be a warrior of a god, the gods got mixed up on what to give to who, and forgot to give paladin enough good stuff.

3.http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m643u2dYIn1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

PraxisVetli
2014-07-11, 03:21 PM
They honestly don't. (Well, the Code might suck depending on your campaign.) But if T2+ is what you need to "not suck" then lots of classes will be disappointing.

That is definitely not the case. However, I look at Paladin... and then I look at Crusader, and I think that if the two got slapped together and shaken up, Pallys would be a little more impressive.