PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Remote Support wizard

With a box
2014-07-10, 09:40 PM
It's something like this:

Wizard watchs NFL Super Bowl at stadium

Status notification : the fighter Baleful Polymorphed!

wizard cast brake enchantment for him (silented for others)

wizard: :smallsigh: I missed a touchdown!

1. can I make such character?
2. Will you allow me to play something like this if you were the DM?

Oneris
2014-07-10, 09:55 PM
A Pathfinder witch can scry and cast helpful hexes on party members from up to a mile away with the Scar hex. Taking several additional feats will allow her to hex multiple targets next to the scarred target.

VoxRationis
2014-07-10, 10:23 PM
You could use the share spells ability and just polymorph your familiar into a fighter.

Edit: In the reverse order, of course.

Jeff the Green
2014-07-10, 10:44 PM
Not a wizard, but a cleric can cast greater status and then cast certain spells (touch-range, harmless, below-3rd-level) through the link.

You could use the share spells ability and just polymorph your familiar into a fighter.

Edit: In the reverse order, of course.

You'll need Enspell Familiar, though.

Hand_of_Vecna
2014-07-11, 01:27 AM
0-2 level spells won't cut it, but it might be an ok backup to whatever your other long range casting method is though. Greater Status is in the Community Domain and regular Status is in Community, Fate and Planning. This makes them relatively easy to add to your list.

Enspell Familiar does seem like a great method of delivering your spells. Any ways to enhance that range? If the Wizard is being carried around in an extradimensional space it feels a lot less cool. There's also Ring Gates.

jiriku
2014-07-11, 02:39 AM
Better plan: create a simulacrum of yourself, send it to go adventuring with the party but don't tell them it's not you. Now you won't miss that touchdown. :smallbiggrin:

I seem to recall there being a pair of magic rings that allows you to cast touch spells on an ally at a distance, but after searching half a dozen of my books, I can't seem to find it. :smallannoyed:

With a box
2014-07-11, 04:22 AM
Better plan: create a simulacrum of yourself, send it to go adventuring with the party but don't tell them it's not you. Now you won't miss that touchdown. :smallbiggrin:

but then I have to play the simulacrum, so I can't go stadium to watch superball.

Most certainly I am the laziest player of D&D.

VoxRationis
2014-07-11, 06:48 AM
What's Enspell Familiar, where is it, and why won't share spells work?