PDA

View Full Version : Alternate names/disciplines for RKV

paperarmor
2014-07-10, 09:59 PM
In case you want to build a character who worships someone other than Wee Jas and the Shadow Hand Disipline is inappropriate ie its the good side of Pelor and not the Burning Hate what would you call the class/pick? Ok need to be more clear; Pelor is just an example. I would like to see suggestions for as many gods as possible.

Rethmar
2014-07-10, 10:12 PM
Sunbro. (praise the sun!)

The cool thing about the discipline RKV attains is that crusaders aren't normally allowed it. So if you want to fit the same style, you'd have to pick from the ones remaining that crusader doesn't have. For good Pelor in particular, I'm not really sure which one would go well with his style.

For real name examples, Luminary Knight Justicar. Or replace Luminary with an appropriate gem, if you want to stick with that pattern. Or replace Justicar with Protector.

The Grue
2014-07-10, 10:21 PM
Since I don't think we're talking about Relativistic Kill Vehicles, what is RKV in this context short for?

Rethmar
2014-07-10, 10:25 PM
Since I don't think we're talking about Relativistic Kill Vehicles, what is RKV in this context short for?

Ruby Knight Vindicator. A prestige class for crusaders/clerics from the Tome of Battle.

edit: fixed a typo

facelessminion
2014-07-10, 11:31 PM
Heir of the Sun. \o/

Doc_Maynot
2014-07-10, 11:39 PM
Golden Knight Disciple
Discipline: Devoted Spirit
Special: Must worship Pelor, must take a vow to never IHS the sun away.

Offers: Iron Heart

Jeff the Green
2014-07-10, 11:51 PM
Flashing Knight Champion. Gives Devoted Spirit, Setting Sun, and Desert Wind, and Desert Wind maneuvers that do fire damage do 1.5x damage to undead.

Gildedragon
2014-07-11, 12:04 AM
Radiant Mace of Pelor

Noonday-Star Saint

Hand of the Morninglord

Amber Mace Paladin

Martial Schools:
Devoted Spirit, Desert Wind, Setting Sun, Stone Dragon, or White Raven

ooor

Shadow Hand maneuvers are light-themed, doing fire damage rather than cold...

paperarmor
2014-07-11, 01:01 AM
Cool stuff so far. Edited the op for clarity. Also thanks to the grue for the awesome metal band name. I kind of like Grand Butcher a follower of Erythnul that ditches Shadow Hand for Tiger Claw (though he could ditch devoted spirit instead or do a negative energy version.)

Gildedragon
2014-07-11, 01:19 AM
Platinum Dragon Knight: (Bahamut)
Devoted Spirit, Diamond Mind, Stone Dragon, or White Raven

Lightning Blade Paladin: (Hieroneous)
Devoted Spirit, Desert Wind (Electric), Iron Heart, or Diamond Mind

Boundless Strength Pugilist: (Kord)
Devoted Spirit, Iron Heart, Setting Sun, Stone Dragon

Laughing Mask Padfoots: (Olidamara)
Devoted Spirit, Shadow Hand, White Raven, Diamond Mind

Jigawatts
2014-07-11, 02:11 AM
I once played a reskinned RKV in a Dragonlance campaign as a worshiper of Kiri-Jolith who became a Knight of Solamnia.

I had "Solamnic Knight Vindicator" written down on my character sheet, swapping out Shadow Hand for Iron Heart, and Armored Stealth for Armored Mobility.

Upon retirement he became High Clerist of the Order of the Sword.

Really fun character.

Firechanter
2014-07-11, 05:48 AM

Y'know, I actually still wonder whether the ToB designers deliberately named the PrC "Ruby Knight Vindicator" so it would be shortened to RKV, because if you've ever seen one in action, you may find that the RKV _is_ a Relativistic Kill Vehicle.

Red Fel
2014-07-11, 09:42 AM
I'm surprised that the thread went on so long and nobody linked to this thread on alternate RKVs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?139711-ToB-Alternate-Vindicators).

Alas, the table has since collapsed, but Pelor's RKVs were called "Burning Light Vindicators," got Desert Wind as their new discipline, and gained Raise Dead as a 1/day SLA requiring no material components (instead of Armored Stealth).

paperarmor
2014-07-11, 11:14 AM
coolio thanks for the link Red.

abadguy
2014-07-11, 11:37 AM
I managed to wring some concessions for a high powered game. Patron was Heironeous as I could access both the RKV and Ordained Champion PrCs

Renamed the Diamond Knight Judicator, with Diamond Mind manuevers in place of Shadow Hand

Phelix-Mu
2014-07-11, 11:56 AM
Moradin: Ringing Anvil Defender Grants: Iron Heart

Yondalla: Bountiful Way Assassin Grants: Setting Sun

Corellon: Silver Leaf Stalker Grants: Shadow Hand (with special adaptation for bow use)

Garl: Laughing God's Joker Grants: Diamond Mind, refluffed to work with Perform instead of Concentration

Gruumsh: Burning Spear Berzerker Grants: Desert Wind

Kurtulmak: Sneaky Bastard Incarnate Grants: Shadow Hand

Olidammara: Swift Handed Con Grants: Shadow Hand

Boccob: All-Knowing Savant Grants: Diamond Mind

PraxisVetli
2014-07-11, 06:21 PM
Kurtulmak: Sneaky Bastard Incarnate Grants: Shadow Hand
Boccob: All-Knowing Savant Grants: Diamond Mind

Hilarious, and awesome.
In that order

StreamOfTheSky
2014-07-12, 01:26 AM
In the game I DM, the party liked a major NPC and took her on as a party member, but wanted to improve her build. She was a fighter/cleric worshipping the god of the seas, so they switched to crusader/cleric and I allowed a modifed RKV as the "Pearl Knight Vindicator." Switched all the Hide stuff with Swim and dropped Shadow Hand for Setting Sun. Pretty simple.
Also nerfed Divine Impetus to 1/round and banned night sticks, but that applies for any cleric or RKV.

BWR
2014-07-12, 10:44 AM
Sunbro. (praise the sun!)

Sun brothers? (http://creaturecatalog.enworld.org/cc/converted/view_c.php?CreatureID=988)