PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4e PP: Grand Vizier (PEACH + help)

pribnow
2014-07-11, 08:38 AM
Hi all, I am busy creating a paragon path for my changeling bard. Although I like what I have come up with so far, I would like your opinion on how strong it is. Also, I am still short a level 20 daily power. Any ideas?

Paragon Path: Grand Vizier
The Grand Vizier most often functions as a trusted advisor to those in power. However, it is ill advised to ever truly trusting a Grand Vizier, as they are often playing a game of their own. A Grand Vizier often knows more than he should and revels in gathering intelligence and getting his way by manipulation and deceit, which makes him a valuable but also a fickle ally. However, the true secrets of the Grand Vizier lie in his ability to gather information by more psychic means, which allows him to extract information from both friends and foes without them realizing it.

Prerequisite: Charisma 15, training in bluff and insight

Grand Vizier Path Features

Master of Deceit (11th level): You have a natural feel for picking up body language and interpreting emotions, which allows you to determine whether someone is lying to you or withholding information. This same knowledge makes you an expert at deceiving others. Whenever you roll a 9 or lower on a bluff or insight check, you may treat the result as a 10. Further, you may use charisma instead of wisdom as your base ability score for the insight skill.

Clarity of Mind (11th level): When you spend an action point, you reach a state of mind wherein no creature can escape your attention. Until the end of your next turn, you ignore any form of concealment and the invisibile condition on all creatures that are within a number of squares equal to half your character level. In addition, you gain combat advantage against these creatures.

Sow Doubt (16th level): When you hit a creature with a power having the psychic keyword, you can plant a seed of doubt in his mind which makes him second guess every action he takes (as a free action). The affected creature must roll any attack roll, ability check, skill check and saving throw twice and take the lowest result. This condition ends when the creature hits with an attack or makes a successful skill check, ability check or saving throw. You can use this ability twice per day.

Extract the Mind (11th level)
You enter the mind of your enemy and search for a piece of information that is of interest to you.
Encounter 11 – Psychic
Standard Action, Range 5
Target: one creature
Attack: Cha vs. Will
You deal 2d10 + your charisma modifier psychich damage and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn. In addition, you retrieve a small piece of information the target has, such as the answer to one simple question. Typically, the information is quite straight-forward and can be worded in ten words or less. The target is not aware that you retrieved information from him.
Special: You can forego the damage and dazed condition to retrieve a second piece of information. In this case, the creature will not be aware of the attack on his mind.

Valuable Advice (12th level)
You join the mind of an ally to help him achieve his goals. However, your help does not come for free.
Utility, Encounter – Psychic
Immediate Interrupt, Range 10
Target: one willing ally
Trigger: an ally starts his turn.
Effect: The ally may choose to either end one condition that is currently affecting him or to once reroll a die during his turn.
Side Effect: The ally’s improved focus on achieving his goals makes him less aware of other things going on in his mind. You can exploit this by searching his mind and retrieving a small piece of information the target has, such as the answer to one simple question. The ally is not aware that you retrieved this information from him.

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-12, 08:52 AM
I like it, but it seems overly complicated.

pribnow
2014-07-13, 03:34 AM
You may be right. Especially for the utility power I tried to make as divers as possible, but I overdid it.

So I simplified the powers somewhat, though I do feel that some flavour got lost in the way (see changes to the first post). What do you think?

IllogicalBlox
2014-07-13, 09:00 AM
You may be right. Especially for the utility power I tried to make as divers as possible, but I overdid it.

So I simplified the powers somewhat, though I do feel that some flavour got lost in the way (see changes to the first post). What do you think?
Yeah, that's a lot better. I would forgo the damage on Extract the Mind, as it is a utility.

pribnow
2014-07-13, 02:00 PM
Actually, Extract the Mind is the attack power, so should have some damage. Of course, it has a lot of use outside of combat as well since you can forgo the damage.