PDA

View Full Version : What is the Pathfinder equivalent of the 4E Warlord?

FabulousFizban
2014-07-11, 12:54 PM
cavalier comes to mind with its shared teamwork feats, but what are your thoughts?

JusticeZero
2014-07-11, 01:00 PM
I'd also look at the DSP Tactician, and PoW. I don't know much that does "On my action, you get an action" type things.

Vhaidara
2014-07-11, 01:32 PM
I think your best chance is importing the 3.5 crusader. You have heals from the Devoted Spirit maneuvers and stances, and you get to hand out actions with White Raven Tactics.

RolkFlameraven
2014-07-11, 01:42 PM
As said, Dreamscared's Tactician or a Warder or Warlord using the Golden Lion school of maneuvers from Path of War would be your best bets for a warlord type class in Pathfinder.

Psyren
2014-07-11, 02:12 PM
The closest you'll likely find in 1st-party Paizo material is the Cavalier, maybe with the Standard Bearer archetype. Failing that I would say wait for the Skald.

JusticeZero
2014-07-11, 04:45 PM
I think your best chance is importing the 3.5 crusader.
Meh, DSP did the conversion and update and playtest stuff already with PoW, why convert?
Have you looked at the PoW stuff? Is there something missing that the ToB class does better?
I'm also curious if a Vizier would be useful for what is being asked for. I didn't do much with 4th once I realized I wasn't a fan of some core assumptions in it, so I'm hazy on what exactly Warlords do beyond the basic concepts, sort've like someone who knows only that Wizards cast Fireball.

Vhaidara
2014-07-11, 04:49 PM
I actually haven't seen the stuff from Path of War.

The 4e Warlord is a Martial Leader. For comparison, Cleric is a Divine Leader and Bard is an Arcane Leader. Leaders are able to heal allies, and the Warlord in particular has some pretty awesome action economy powers, such as an at-will that, rather than attacking, allows an ally to attack. Another one is that when you charge, all of your allies get the option to also charge your target. Like I said, White Raven and Devoted Spirit.