PDA

View Full Version : Ways to stack Arcane classes

m149307
2014-07-11, 03:26 PM
Ok, so I was hoping to stack Wizard with Duskblade if possible. Any suggestions?

Rebel7284
2014-07-11, 03:29 PM
Stack them in what ways?

Edit: Ultimate Magus? :)

Segev
2014-07-11, 03:32 PM
What is your goal in terms of what you want this character to do?

m149307
2014-07-11, 03:35 PM
Caster levels. I was hoping to dip into Wizard for the magic feat and some extra spells to burn (if that is possible). And hopefully use some of the higher level wizard spells without going too far into the class.

Segev
2014-07-11, 03:38 PM
I'm afraid they won't work that way, then.

You'd need to go 5 levels deep to get a bonus feat other than "scribe scroll" from wizard, anyway. If you want the item crafting feats without spending your own on them, I'd suggest Leadership at level 6 for your Duskblade. Have a wizard or two as your low-level followers. They can scribe a scroll while you provide the spell if you want duskblade scrolls.

m149307
2014-07-11, 03:46 PM
Then would it be worth it to dip just for the spells? Like Mage Armor and what not?

Dunditschia
2014-07-11, 03:58 PM
Mage Armor

As a duskblade you're probably wearing armor already (It's one of their big advantages above other casters), and mage armor doesn't stack with that.

"This ability does not apply to spells gained from a different spellcasting class."
So you would have to take off your armor to reliably cast any wizard spells. You're better off just staying in duskblade or taking a prestige class, if you want to get some more combat abilities.

If you want more spells, you can take various feats, such as bloodline feats: http://dndtools.eu/feats/categories/bloodline/
These give you one more spell known of each spell level, which you can cast just like any other duskblade spell (so there's no need to take of your armor).

You can also take Extra spell from complete arcane to get one spell of your choice from the duskblade list, of at least one level lower than the maximum spell level you can cast.

Zombimode
2014-07-11, 04:00 PM
Then would it be worth it to dip just for the spells? Like Mage Armor and what not?

For just a couple of 1st level spells consider one level of sorcerer.

But it is worth noting that spells that you don't cast as a duskblade receive normal treatment concering spell failure. That is for a wizard or sorcerer you will not benefit from the duskblades ability to ignore arcane spell failure.

Segev
2014-07-11, 04:02 PM
Perhaps you may want to see if you can talk the DM into letting you play a Magus (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus)?