PDA

View Full Version : Poison Use

j_spencer93
2014-07-11, 04:57 PM
Have a character wanting to focus in poison but he is upset about two things.
1: he can not find an easy way to grap poison use without going ninja or using 3rd party material.
2: master of poison works like poison use but he is not sure if it would qualify him for feats needing it (would it be reasonable to allow it to?)

supersonic29
2014-07-11, 05:15 PM
Have a character wanting to focus in poison but he is upset about two things.
1: he can not find an easy way to grap poison use without going ninja or using 3rd party material.
2: master of poison works like poison use but he is not sure if it would qualify him for feats needing it (would it be reasonable to allow it to?)

The Assassin prestige class (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/prestigeClasses/assassin.htm) provides poison use at first level I believe.

Jeff the Green
2014-07-11, 05:51 PM
Assassin 1, ecl 6
Black Flame Zealot 2, ecl 7, Complete Divine
Blackguard 1, ecl 7, DMG
Whisperknife 6, ecl 11, Races of the Wild
Justice of Weald and Woe
Monk of the Long Death
Ninja 3, Complete Adventurer
Zhentarim Spy
Shadow HUnter 1, ecl 6, Eberron: Dragonmarked
Scorpion Wraith 1, ecl 6, Eberron: Secrets of Xen'drik
Bard 1, drow substitution level, Drow of the Underdark
Rogue 1, drow substitution level, Drow of the Underdark
Dread Fang of Lloth 2, ecl ?, Drow of the Underdark

The best choices are the drow Bard and Rogue. Note that you don't actually have to be a drow to take them.

I'd say it's okay to let Master of Poisons count as Poison use.

Vizzerdrix
2014-07-11, 08:23 PM
Jungle Halflings get poison use as well.

j_spencer93
2014-07-12, 05:16 PM
Thank you guys so much, and he refuses to take assassin just because they get magic. And can pretty much negate anything with the word drow in it. He hates literally anything with that word because they are so over used blah blah blah (we have never had a drow character or even a campaign against them though). Honestly think he is just being kinda of a wine bag about this character.

Gavinfoxx
2014-07-12, 05:59 PM
Give him this:

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=4854.0

And that list of stuff list there.

FidgetySquirrel
2014-07-12, 10:22 PM
Thank you guys so much, and he refuses to take assassin just because they get magic. And can pretty much negate anything with the word drow in it. He hates literally anything with that word because they are so over used blah blah blah (we have never had a drow character or even a campaign against them though). Honestly think he is just being kinda of a wine bag about this character.As far as assassin magic being a dealbreaker goes, you could always substitute it with the PF assassin. I don't think it would screw up the game at all.

Seriously? Drow are overused? I can honestly say that just about the only time I've even seen a drow was when I played one!

WhamBamSam
2014-07-12, 11:01 PM
Thank you guys so much, and he refuses to take assassin just because they get magic. And can pretty much negate anything with the word drow in it. He hates literally anything with that word because they are so over used blah blah blah (we have never had a drow character or even a campaign against them though). Honestly think he is just being kinda of a wine bag about this character.The ACFs in DotU don't actually require you to be a Drow. You can trade out Trapfinding for Poison Use on a 1st level Rogue of any race. Or just use the Jungle Halfling suggested above (I feel like you can stack Strongheart Halfling and Jungle Halfling, but I'm not positive offhand).

Hidden Talent (Psionic Minor Creation) is the best feat ever for poisoning, but that probably runs afoul of the whole "no magic" thing.

Jeff the Green
2014-07-12, 11:02 PM
Thank you guys so much, and he refuses to take assassin just because they get magic. And can pretty much negate anything with the word drow in it. He hates literally anything with that word because they are so over used blah blah blah (we have never had a drow character or even a campaign against them though). Honestly think he is just being kinda of a wine bag about this character.

...could you maybe tell him "Some people on the internet told me about an ACF in a splatbook I don't have that trades trapfinding for poison use. It sounds fair to me; why don't you do that?"

FidgetySquirrel
2014-07-12, 11:06 PM
...could you maybe tell him "Some people on the internet told me about an ACF in a splatbook I don't have that trades trapfinding for poison use. It sounds fair to me; why don't you do that?"What I'm about to say isn't particularly relevant, since the ACF actually exists, but when in doubt, homebrew it. I once traded trapfinding for orc weapon familiarity just for the fluff value. It was pretty cool.