PDA

View Full Version : Evil Outsiders healed by negative energy?

Iwasforger03
2014-07-11, 08:33 PM
I'm working on boss for my players, a Lacridaemon with 6 lvls anti-paladin and 2 to three tiers mythic. I need to know if he can heal himself with his touch of corruption or not.

Kazudo
2014-07-11, 08:38 PM
I don't believe so, no. Evil outsiders (that is, outsiders of the [evil] subtype) aren't healed by negative energy IIRC. That's pretty much just reserved for undead.

Coidzor
2014-07-11, 08:39 PM
It's not a standard rule for evil outsiders, but it's a houserule I've considered a few times.

If you're willing to use 3.5 content, you can give him Tomb-Tainted Soul from Libris Mortis, which would let him be healed by negative energy, just remember that positive energy would hurt him from then on.

Or you can just rule this guy is weird and take care of it under the table.

Gildedragon
2014-07-11, 08:41 PM
Nope
Not if it is negative energy damage anyway.

Lay on Hands will heal an evil outsider, Touch of Corruption will heal a good-aligned undead creature.

Positive and negative energy, despite their common concatenation with good and evil respectively are not directly tied to alignments.

If the fiendish flame healed evil outsiders, it would say so.

Iwasforger03
2014-07-11, 08:42 PM
I'll give him an adhoc item useable only by Daemons that allows him to heal himself then.

meschlum
2014-07-12, 02:24 AM
I'm working on boss for my players, a Lacridaemon with 6 lvls anti-paladin and 2 to three tiers mythic. I need to know if he can heal himself with his touch of corruption or not.

Terror creature template: +0CR, grants fear aura, immunity to fear, and healing from negative energy (1 hp healed per 3 points of damage). Requires NE alignment, which is entirely compatible.