PDA

View Full Version : Dark halfling

the vet
2014-07-12, 05:26 AM
Do these have a name like, say Drow for dark elf, duergar for dark dwarf, etc?

Yora
2014-07-12, 05:34 AM
To my knowledge, Deep Halflings exist only in the 3rd edition monster manual for D&D, with no other name given for them. I don't think they have ever been used in any published products.

But I think there was also a race of pure evil halflings in Book of Vile Darkness, also for D&D 3rd edition.

MrNobody
2014-07-12, 06:32 AM
Book of Vile Darkness: Jerrens, a nomad halfling group that in order to survive the attacks of goblins and other enemies started using corrupted magic and practicing human sacrifices.
Aside from this fluff part, though, they are almost the same as normal halflings, even in terms of mechanics.

Tengu_temp
2014-07-12, 09:01 AM
Different kind of evil: Kender.

KillianHawkeye
2014-07-13, 08:05 PM
Different kind of evil: Kender.

Damn, you beat me to it! :smallamused:

Erik Vale
2014-07-13, 08:29 PM
To my knowledge, Deep Halflings exist only in the 3rd edition monster manual for D&D, with no other name given for them. I don't think they have ever been used in any published products.

Deep Halflings are on the SRD. Though they're just stuck with Deep I think.

Jeraa
2014-07-13, 10:10 PM
In older versions of D&D, there were 3 halfling subraces. The normal ones (Lightfoot), the ones more similiar to elves (Tallfellow), and the ones more similiar to dwarves (Stouts).

So deep halflings are Stouts.

the vet
2014-07-26, 03:28 AM
In older versions of D&D, there were 3 halfling subraces. The normal ones (Lightfoot), the ones more similiar to elves (Tallfellow), and the ones more similiar to dwarves (Stouts).

which was an idea ripped off from LOTR

Jeraa
2014-07-26, 07:52 AM
which was an idea ripped off from LOTR

Of course it was. Just like how halflings were originally called Hobbits in the rules, treants were ents, and balor demons were balrogs.