View Full Version : Cultists, or similar?

brokenshadows
2014-07-12, 09:05 AM
Okay, this will probably sound like a stupid question, but i'm going to ask it anyway...

Is there a Cultist-type NPC/monster? i need some low-level fodder to throw in an evil temple...

Eldan
2014-07-12, 09:09 AM
Human Commoner with 2 ranks in Knowledge: religion?

Honestly, this depends a lot on what you want them to do.

DeltaEmil
2014-07-12, 09:11 AM
Libris Mortis has the hooded pupil template, which grants any humanoid or giant the ability to cast clutch of orcus as a spell-like ability once per day, give climbing abilities, and a vampire-lite blood sucking ability when they pin a target.

At low levels, I suggest to use the Libris Mortis clutch of orcus spell, since it only deals 1d3 damage. At higher levels, it is okay to use the Spell Compendium version which deals 1d12 damage instead.

And of course, warlocks or warrior/adept multiclass creatures might help.

MrBright01
2014-07-12, 11:05 AM
The D&D 3.5 DMG has NPC classes. A low level Adept has very little in the way of magic. A low level Warrior is a fighter with no bonus feats and limited weapons. A low level Expert has a few skills and jack all else.

Or, do what I do, and improv. If you want fodder, assume they hit the best AC of the party on an 18 or higher and use math to determine the bonus. AC should be hittable on a 8-10 from the best attack bonus. Assume saves from the NPC's fail. No major powers. There, instant cannon fodder for all levels.

FidgetySquirrel
2014-07-12, 11:30 AM
Fiendish sheep? Seriously, though, I think the adept usually gets shoehorned into cultist roles.