PDA

View Full Version : Questions about specific magic weapons

Nicktacular
2014-07-12, 03:59 PM
A few things.
1. Can you apply the special abilitys of specific magic weapons to any weapon, if so would the price be the price of the weapon minus the weapon cost and any weapon enhancements?
2. Can you buy or craft specific magic weapons that are different sizes and or made of specific materials I.e large and cold iron, assuming that the specific weapon isn't specifically sized or made of a specific material?
3. Can you apply more special abilitys and enhancements to specifics magic weapons?

Iwasforger03
2014-07-12, 04:58 PM
1: Generally, yes, but it's more of an implied thing. If you can reasonably take the weapon apart into its compenent spells/abilities, and find the prices for those, you can find the prices for specific abilities and switch them out or add new ones. Beware of the Adhoc, that is, the price doesn't always make perfect sense.

2: Again, yes, this one is easier, just add the costs of whatever special material you wanted.

3: Yes, see 1.

Example: Holy Avenger (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/holy-avenger)

Priced at 120,630gp. Equivalent known costs effects = a +7 weapon, which would normally put it at 98,000gp. Now there's a bit of funny with this one, because it's paladins only. That means there's a 30% price reduction in there somewhere, so the actual cost of this beast is really more like 171,000gp if anyone could use it. that's rounded down. If you want to save headaches, just assume the price of the other stuff is 120K-98K and call it good, but it won't be as accurate and the DM might not except it

Oh, the 630 is the masterwork cost of a cold iron longsword.

Note: If someone with better math skills wishes to double check my math, I don't mind.