PDA

View Full Version : Player Help The Muscle Orc

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-07-12, 10:55 PM
I have been contemplating a single session gimmicky character for pathfinder. My issue though is that I am not totally sure if I have correctly spent the starting money or if I did my math wrong. This guy is supposed to be the most muscular Orc barbarian that has ever existed in a level 3 campaign. So i am trying to make him do as much strength based damage as possible. I got lucky with the stat rolls and got to put an 18 into his strength. This is combined with the +4 racial bonus so he already starts off with a beautiful 22, even if he get penalized in INT, WIS, and CHA.

As for his magic items, I was planning on giving him a Ring of Bulls strength, a ring of Shield, and a necklace of enlarge Person. Now even though my DM lets me start off using the gold limit for his level because of the whole "1 week only" thing, these items would be entirely too expensive for a level 3 character. So after consulting the board of equations for magic item creation here:
( http://paizo.com/prd/magicItems/magicItemCreation.html ), I think i found a way to make it work. It says that if you want to create a magic item with an on/off switch operated by a command word, the cost is "Spell level × caster level × 1,800 gp". Assuming that the person who made it was level 1, the cost would be 1800 gp. But if you want to make it so that it can only be used once per day, the cost is divided by 5. This means that Ring of Shield/Ring of Enlarge Person would only cost 720 gp in total. Using this same logic for the Ring of Bull's Strength, you get
(2 X 3 X 1800 gp)/5 = 2160 gp. His weapons will be two Greatswords because he is a Titan Mauler Barbarian. That is an extra 100 gp. This leaves him with 20 gold for armor so he can take a set of hide armor for 15 gp and a buckler for 5 gp.

With all this added it should look like (360 X 2) + 2160 + 100 + 15 + 5 = 3000 gp which is the gold limit for a level 3

If I am right then I have a guy who can go up to 32 strength once per day for 3 minutes.Did I do this correctly? Or am I just really over thinking this? :smallconfused:

FidgetySquirrel
2014-07-12, 11:17 PM
It all... seems to be in order. Have fun with that 4d6+22 damage per round, or whatever. Tell me what kind of gory detail the DM goes into when you eviscerate your first goblin.

KindOfGoodGuy
2014-07-13, 07:41 PM
It all... seems to be in order. Have fun with that 4d6+22 damage per round, or whatever. Tell me what kind of gory detail the DM goes into when you eviscerate your first goblin.

So while we were asleep (forgot to set a watch over the night) we were captured and thrown into an arena. Our first opponents were a group of 2 trolls. The DM had expected this fight to last about half of the session because we are usually slow at fights. Instead, i turn on my magic items and cleave one of them in two, while fatally wounding the other. After that, the ORC thought to himself, "ME NO FIGHT FOR AMUSEMENT OF OTHERS, SO ME LEAVE NOW!". And with that, he walked up to the iron gate leading to the arena exit, and tore a large hole in it. The rest of the party took the chance and escaped with him. The guards tried to stop us as we got out but the Orc used his last few turns as a 14 foot tall behemoth of muscle to grab one of the guards and THROW him over a hill (it was a natural 20). It is safe to assume that they won't be coming after us for a while.

Blackhawk748
2014-07-13, 08:11 PM
Oh dear lord that is freakin awesome. This is probably one of the craziest things ive ever seen that is not crazy templated.

FidgetySquirrel
2014-07-13, 10:32 PM
So while we were asleep (forgot to set a watch over the night) we were captured and thrown into an arena. Our first opponents were a group of 2 trolls. The DM had expected this fight to last about half of the session because we are usually slow at fights. Instead, i turn on my magic items and cleave one of them in two, while fatally wounding the other. After that, the ORC thought to himself, "ME NO FIGHT FOR AMUSEMENT OF OTHERS, SO ME LEAVE NOW!". And with that, he walked up to the iron gate leading to the arena exit, and tore a large hole in it. The rest of the party took the chance and escaped with him. The guards tried to stop us as we got out but the Orc used his last few turns as a 14 foot tall behemoth of muscle to grab one of the guards and THROW him over a hill (it was a natural 20). It is safe to assume that they won't be coming after us for a while.I knew it would be awesome, thank you!

Jergmo
2014-07-13, 11:47 PM
Needs more dakka.