PDA

View Full Version : A Game of Nations [IC]

Icilia
2014-07-13, 03:02 AM
The nation of Denithor has existed for two thousand years. Through ups and downs, the emperors of the Denithor dynasty have ruled. Unfortunately, the dynasty has arrived at its final member. Emperor Xebec Denithor is now ninety six, and many believe that his time is almost up. His only son died two months ago under mysterious circumstances, leaving the nation in turmoil, as the ruling line is now at an end. Many can claim to share the blood of the family, but no true heir stands ready to take the throne. With that, many factions have risen to attempt to take the throne.

You control one of these factions. Will you rise to power or disappear from the annuals of history? History is written by the victors. Are you that victor?

LummyNess
2014-07-15, 11:01 PM
As an initial reaction towards the death of the emperors son we move west of our capital declaring to the land that we shall lead them into the new era (follow the light) we then follow up by investing our resources into the wealth of ROT5 both leaders have chosen to move out with the western army to help influence the people of the nation.

Bought wealth for 6 cash new wealth score = 4
Both officers and Army moves to 32

Aryadnae
2014-07-15, 11:23 PM
Army 1 (only army >.<) moves from region 5 to region 4.
Send messenger to Lummyness.

Donut
2014-07-16, 03:57 AM
VIP: Von Manstein joins army: 1st KORPS Wehrmacht.

VIP: Von Manstein uses Rapid Advance (2) to increase speed and attack when invading neutral territories

Army 1st KORPS moves from territory 12 to territory 15 to annex region
Army 1st KORPS moves from territory 15 to territory 11 to annex region
Army 1st KORPS moves from territory 11 to territory 10 to annex region
Army 1st KORPS moves from territory 10 to territory 7 to annex region

Let me know If 1st KORPS still has some speed points left at the end of this journey.

I would like to know if the officer trait rapid advance (specifically its speed bonus) applies when I am moving through neutral territories I am at war with.

2nd KORPS Volkssturm created at territory 12 (-5 cash)
• Size: 1
• Attack:1
• Defence: 1
• Speed: 2

Army 2nd KORPS moves from territory 12 to territory 23 to annex region
Army 2nd KORPS moves from territory 23 to territory 22 to annex region

Let me know if 2nd KORPS still has some movement points left.
I can move an army after creating it right?

VIP Ewald uses skill "Show Me The Money" to increase primary wealth stat

Focus espionage on House of the Silent Moon next turn

Let me know the effect of my orders as soon as possible please.

Thought of the day: "Serve the confederacy today. Tomorrow you may be dead."

Donut
2014-07-16, 07:31 PM
Glorious addition to the game background!
From time to time I shall probably write a small piece of text that tells the story of what is happening from my factions perspective. Feel free to comment and critique it at your leisure. In fact I actively encourage it! Its ok to add story texts in this thread right? I'll wrap it in spoiler tags so as to not take up much room.

Ewald: "Well?"

Officer: "They have the capacity to do it."

Ewald: "Supposition. Is there proof that they killed the emperors son?"

Officer: "They are the only faction with the capabilities to do so Herr Stellvertreter-Kaiser. Other than the surviving members of the royal dynasty."

Ewald: "Is there any solid proof?"

Officer: "None Herr Stellvertreter-Kaiser. We have tried reaching out to their foreign agents but with no success."

Ewald: "... Very well. I want a full report ready by tomorrow morning. A member of the Kaisers personal staff shall collect it, after which you shall never speak of it again."

Officer: "But... Herr Stellvertreter-Kaiser. I thought-"

Ewald: "The Kaiser is changing his policy regarding the other factions. The House of the Silent Moon may one day be our allies. If such accusations were made public then it would make an offical declaration of friendship... awkward."

Officer: "But what if we go to war with them Herr Stellvertreter-Kaiser?"

Ewald: "Then it would be a tool to incite the masses to our cause."

Officer: "But what if it's not true? what if the Silent Moon didn't kill the emperors son?"

Ewald: "Do you really think it would matter?"

Officer: "As you say... Herr Stellvertreter-Kaiser"

StewI101
2014-07-17, 05:15 AM
upon hearing of the royal lines ending, lord longboot sends a rider with a "when in morning" Cheese gift basket to the capital.

(the cheese furnaces are beginning to roar, some days it is said they can be smelled in eastern bartolia)

the lords decree:
hear ye all occupants of province 19, the lordly house of north longboat now lays claim to your lands and assets.

(moving armies )
the Strider is dispatched from 18 to 19 with the army and will hopefully convince the plebeians to join us with his dance rendition of "the hills are alive with the sound of cheese". they may never go hungry again.

Purchasing education:Spend [4] CASH to buy one point in [Education]

Cookies
2014-07-17, 08:11 AM
Moving armies Army 1 moves from territory 25 to territory 30
VIP Bach uses beast talk to parley with the local wolves and bears
Purchasing stats Spend 4 CASH to buy one point in EDUCATION
Purchasing stats Spend 4 CASH to buy one point in VIP

Icilia
2014-07-17, 10:14 PM
Turn 2 Map (http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/Icilia/media/DenirthorTurn2_zpsd624edf2.png.html)

There are many rumours and reports flying around the nation of the emperor's failing health. Some reports say he has been suffering from seizures, others simply say he has been bed ridden for the last month. The one thing in common between all of these reports and rumours is that the emperor does not have long left.

Bartolia is able to talk with the local wolves and bears, and find a many interesting things. They even manage to learn a few new things from the animals.

The House of the Silent Moon is to busy looking at others to look in a book.

Whilst eating some tainted cheese, the people of North Longboot all lose there lunch... But discovery new ideas in the images of there ejected lunch.

The Krieg Confederacy has charged forward with expansion, and industrialised a new segment of there faction, allowing for further development.

The Radiance of the 5th have an enlightening moment.

Donut
2014-07-18, 02:45 AM
Unless I am mistaken I should now have 17 cash in the treasury (3 left over from last turn, 8 earned from wealth and 6 earned from territories. Is my maths wrong coz im pretty sure I should have 17 instead of 19 cash? Industrialization shouldn't deliver benefits until I have at least 8 territories. Let me know if I suck at accounting :smallsmile:.)

Financial orders

Spend 8 CASH to buy one point in wealth

Spend 4 CASH to increase ARMY: 3nd KORPS in defense by 1

Spend 5 cash to buy army at territory 12
3rd KORPS Zerstörer

Size 2
Attack: 1
Defense 1
Speed: 1

Army Movement Orders

1st KORPS Wehrmacht movements
Army 1st KORPS moves from territory 7 to territory 3 annexing territory
Army 1st KORPS moves from territory 3 to territory 2 annexing territory
Army 1st KORPS moves from territory 2 to territory 1 annexing territory
Army 1st KORPS moves from territory 1 to territory 2 coz its too ****ing cold!

2nd KORPS Volkssturm movements
Army 2nd KORPS moves from territory 22 to territory 16 annexing territory
Army 2nd KORPS moves from territory 16 to territory 14 annexing territory

3rd KORPS Zerstörer movements
Army 3rd KORPS moves from territory 12 to territory 17 annexing territory

Officer Orders

Von Manstein remains with 1st KORPS

Ewald is assigned to message delivering (message pending)

Will advise on my new faction skill in a different post when I have more time.

Thought of the day: "An unoccupied mind wanders in dark places."

Aryadnae
2014-07-18, 04:10 AM
Moon Runners (Army 1) moves into Region 8 to claim.

Spend 4 CASH to increase Morale to 2
Spend 5 CASH to raise another Army (Crescent Blades)

Located in Region 5
SIZE: 1
ATTACK:
DEFENCE: 1
SPEED:

LummyNess
2014-07-18, 05:58 AM
new skill: "solar power" - Sir William Walterson the Conquistador: while in the smithy i was trying to make a new stronger iron, so i found a variety of different rocks and such to melt down and mix together. to my surprise the new metal zapped me after hours of study i deduced that it has the capability to generate energy from being in the sun. this is being introduced into new forms of lighting and finally we were able to make a prototype light rod from this. so now we not only can magic light we can forge light the people rejoice!
spend 4 CASH to increase army 1 SPEED to 2
buy new army for 5 CASH
army 1 moves north to territory 26 and then territory 24
5 points from might are used to make army 2 at territory 33
army 2 stats are Size 3, Attack 0, Defense 0, Speed 2
army 2 moves to territory 34 and then back to territory 33
(should have 1 cash remaining and own 5 territories assuming no one battles me for them)
Officer Sir William Walterson the Conquistador sends a message to Bartolia (Cookies)
While Marcos Barthram the Master Tactician sends reply to House of the Silent Moon (Aryadnae)

StewI101
2014-07-19, 02:13 AM
move army from 19 to 20, to occupy the islands, from this day forwards they shall be known as the longboot isles

spend 5 to arm and field a new army in the capital,

"the blue veins"
stats
size:1
ATTACK:2
DEF:2

New Skill: "healing mold powder", a easy to carry and simple to use basic healing assistance agent, able to seal and sterilize wounds, acts kinda like a weird bandage.

as a response to the violent loss of lunch suffered days earlier, longbootian alchemists have distilled a strange substance from the mold into a new usabl form....luckily the alchemists never disclose this stuff to the common folk.

Donut
2014-07-19, 08:28 AM
Proud Denithorians.

Rejoice!

Your brothers and sisters of the Krieg Confederacy has liberated you from the yoke of oppression. They have brought with them the glories of enlightenment and industrialization improving your standard of living and insuring there is plenty for all.

Gone are the days of being treated as livestock!

Gone are the days of unfair laws and barbaric punishments!

Gone are the days when your social standing was determined by your lineage or who your parents were! From this day forth you are free to make of yourselves what you are able.

The old order has been disbanded and the nobles have been sent east for re-education in the Krieg way. New provincial Krieg magistrates are in place to oversee the fair and just election of your new regional government. From this day forth you shall decide your own future! A bright future which Krieg and your brother and sister provinces will stand with you into the future!

Glory to the Union of free provinces! Glory to the Krieg Confederacy! Glory to the Emperor! Glory to Denithor!

Cookies
2014-07-19, 11:24 AM
Moving armies Army 1 moves from territory 30 to territory 29 to 28
VIP Bach uses beast talk to invite to attempt to encourage the local wolves, horses and bears to our cause
Purchasing armies Army 2 created at territory 25
Size: 3
Attack: 2
Defence: 3
Speed: 2
Upgrade VIP BACH: Beastspeak lv3: can now talk with horses
Gain Skill: Animal corp.can organize animals into garrisons for territories
Purchasing stats Spend 4 CASH to buy one point in Morale

Icilia
2014-07-19, 11:53 AM
The rumours have turned to fact. The emperors health IS failing. In the last month, he has only risen from his bed once. He is otherwise incapable of doing his duties as emperor. His advisors currently run the country, and play at politics, but the nation of Denithor now turns to the factions that are currently moving to gain a political and military hold on the nation.

As other factions and many people laugh at Bartolia, it's ability to communicate with beasts has unlocked further secrets that no human would ever think of. Bartolia has even learnt to gather animals into garrisons of their own.

The House of the Silent Moon continues to attempt to divine the future. As their magical power gathers, the people no longer question the strange chanting and the use of cards and dice to learn what is not known. They even managed to divine a secret from the cosmos.

North Longboot continues along it's bizarre line of thought and being. After a mass outbreak of the loss of lunch, they are now beginning to cultivate a strange new mould from pools of... Lunch. They may be mad, but the North Longbootians are making Swiss and cheddar a head of other factions.

The Krieg dominion Confederacy continues it's forward march. Their focus on expansion and the gathering of wealth leaves them little time to think about how to better their industrial machine.

The Radiance of the 5th continues to be a shining example. They now have stinging rocks and metals that produce a continues light after being placed in the sun. Even those without magical talent can now see in the dark, and as the darkness flees, the 5th learn more about the nature of light.

Donut
2014-07-19, 11:00 PM
Financial Orders
Spend 10 CASH to buy one point in education
Spend 14 CASH to increase army: 1st KORPS in attack to 7

Army Movement orders

1st KORPs Wehrmacht movements
• Army 1st KORPs moves from territory 2 to territory 3
• Army 1st KORPs moves from territory 3 to territory 7
• Army 1st KORPs moves from territory 7 to territory 8 attacking region held by “House of Silent Moon”

2nd KORPs Volkssturm Movements
• Army 2nd KORPs moves from territory 14 to territory 16
• Army 2nd KORPs moves from territory 16 to territory 9 annexing region

3rd KORPs Zerstörer movements
• Army 3rd KORPs Moves from territory 17 to territory 22

Officer Orders
VIP: Von Manstein remains with 1st KORPS
VIP: Von Manstein uses skill “Rapid Advance” on army: 1st KORPs in attacking territory 8 held by the “House of Silent Moon” increasing attack and speed.

(I still think I should get plus 2 for speed and attack since this skill only works in enemy territory and is useless in defensive operations. It has also occurred to me that I had one army point in my army: 1st KORPS left over at the start of the game that I forgot to spend for some reason. My army points all add up to 19, not 20. Its too late to spend it now right?)

VIP: Ewald assigned to messenger duty (message pending)

Thought of the day: "The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic".

Aryadnae
2014-07-20, 03:38 AM
We declare Vassalage to the Krieg Confederacy!

Faction Skill: "Divine Healing" due to many long hours over the divining crystals and tarot cards, the mystics have unlocked the secrets of utilizing their magic into the healing arts, healing many wounds, diseases, grievous or otherwise.

Spend 10 CASH to increase EDUCATION.
SELL 1 ESPIONAGE for 3 CASH.
Spend 6 CASH to increase Moon Runner SPEED to 3.

Army (Moon Runners): Stealths from region 8 through region 7 into 6 to claim. Then moves into region 9 to claim as well.

Donut
2014-07-20, 06:32 AM
Army 1st KORPs moves from territory 8 to territory 10

Spend faction skill point on upgrading industrialization (in the hopes of) reducing the number of territories required to gain additional cash after gaining 4 territories (Thats OK right?)

I place the primary stat point I have gained from the vassalage of Aryadnae in education
(is this perminant? I assume it will wear off after Aryadnae is no longer my vassal)

Thank you for making the right choice and approaching it with the appropriate amount of concealed venom.

As promised the 2 CASH will be given to you Immediately.

I will ask for the other factions movements and orders a turn in advance to give you fair warning. Or you could simply show them all to me every turn If that makes it easier. Actually just show me everything that they are doing starting next turn. Could you ask Matt if you need to copy and paste the information or if i can just view it for myself.

StewI101
2014-07-20, 09:48 AM
Turn3
LORDLY DECREE::here forth the boarder of north longboot is set,now is a time of turmoil and civility must be maintained. our trade roads are open, as my forefathers said "cheese for Everyone!"

Animals like cheese right?::

the lord has spoken

new skill: Swiss formations: the longbootian heritage of cheese-makers shines through in all things, this universal formation philosophy permeates their culture, from city layouts to military formations,
there are hole like patches in cities devoid of buildings
(consisting of chunks linked together with holes between them, allows for squad like formations in troops and buildings to be separate and conjoin larger formations.)((hope this one is alright))

Moving the striders army (1) from 20-21: forming the continental embassy and port/trade city for north longboot. the stider dances every gleefully.

Haskall remains will the blue veins

purchasing stat: spending 10 for a point of wealth

Upgrading army (2) the blue veins: spending 2 to increase speed
i forgot to add speed to the stats:speed is now 2(?)

Cookies
2014-07-21, 07:08 AM
Moving armies Army 1 moves from territory 28 to territory 27 to 25
VIP Bach uses beast talk to organize an animal garrison (consisting of the wild wolves, bears and horses) in area 28
Gain Skill: Animal corp.can organize animals into garrisons for territories
Purchasing stats Spend 6 CASH to buy one point in Might
Purchasing stats Spend 6 CASH to buy 1 point in VIP

Hi there! there shall be peace in our time!

Icilia
2014-07-21, 11:06 PM
The emperors health continues to fail. In the last season, the emperor has only left his bed twice. It shouldn't be long before he finally passes away. As the turmoil of the factions fighting over land continues, people wonder who will lead after the emperors death.

Those who laughed at Bartolia now question their own academics. Apparently animals know a lot that humans don't. Bartolia continues to soar ahead in it's knowledge.

As a surprise to the world, the House of the Silent Moon declares vassalage to the Krieg dominion Confederacy. Perhaps this is better than destruction?

North Longboots bizarre fascination with cheese has created cheese based armies. What else will they do?

The Krieg Confederacy continue there indomitable advance, bringing an entire faction under there sway. With more territories comes more people and the advancement of technology for the people. Will nothing stop this Titans advance?

The Radiance of the 5th hold back there light from the world, choosing to consolidate their keepings for this season.

LummyNess
2014-07-22, 06:23 AM
Greetings to one and all, i would like to apolagise for our inactivity as we were in super top secret testing stage of our all new light energized metal!

ROT5,
new skill (from turn 3): scientific lightning weapons:this metal is able to be made into weapons and such giving bonuses to our weapons and these weapons can be charged by any form of light, time is the only issue more light quicker charge.
army 2 moves to territory 31 from capital.
Marcos Barthram the Master Tactician joins with army 1
reply to Aryadnae with Sir William Walterson the Conquistador
reply to donut
spend 8 CASH upgrade MIGHT 4->5
buy army 3 for 5 CASH
army 3 stats
SIZE 6, ATTACK 0, DEFENSE 0, SPEED 0
upgrade ATTACK and DEFENSE to 2 for 12 CASH (0->1 = 2 CASH, 1->2 = 4 CASH total = 12)
Upgrade SPEED to 1 for 2 CASH
end army 3 results
SIZE 6, ATTACK 2, DEFENSE 2, SPEED 1
CASH left 0
army 3 begins in territory 26
army 1 remains in territory 24

Greetings great cheese makers!
your name is renown throughout our lands for one of the few foods that light can shine through we offer you a formal alliance and request only one of your famous cheese's to try in return please accept this necklace of everlasting light its not worth anything but it is our tradition

greetings we of the ROT5 agree to your alliance terms and shall keep the peace for 4 turns if the request is still valid

StewI101
2014-07-22, 08:46 AM
old longboot proverb : blessed are the cheese makers.

moving army (2) blue veins from 18 to 19 for field training

spend 8 on one point of morale: at the new influx of wealth and economic stability the air of north longboot is one of excitement and hope for the future

Greetings bearers of light, our lord Jeremiah Longboot the 45th graciously agrees to you conditions for alliance.

to solidify this treaty, our best cheese makers are to dispatch a sample of our most sacred of cheeses: the Gruy'ere luft shamourn: as per your request.

our lord gladly accepts your necklace of light as a sign of goodwill.

letter to the emperors court my well wishes and hopes go out to our imperial majesty in his dire state and wish him the quickest and most miraculous of recoveries. :our lord Jeremiah longboot the 45th:

Aryadnae
2014-07-22, 09:43 AM
We declare an Alliance with LummyNess (ROT5) for 4 turns.

Spend 12 CASH to buy 1 point of WEALTH
Moon Runners, from region 9 move into region 13 to claim.
Araleth Nailo delivers a secret message.

Alliances have been formed between others around the world. Mostly of peace, no wars have been declared.

Donut
2014-07-23, 02:11 AM
Naturally.

War need not be declared since we attack each other if we happen to bump into one another accidentally (without alliance/vassalage of course). I suppose it would be polite though.

I require specific information on the longboot clan (StewI101). I need the location of their army/armies and I need to know if they are moving to claim territory 13 this turn.

Greetings to the enlightened clan.

Wilhelm Reinhardt the Kaiser of the Krieg Confederacy and Chancellor of the Union of Free Provinces formally uphold (for 4 turns) this alliance stuck between our two peoples (three actually).

LummyNess
2014-07-23, 10:32 AM
Factions ROT5 and silent moon alliance for 4 turns
Factions ROT5 and krieg confeteracy alliance for 4 turns
Longboat & bartolia both on good standings with and peace is somewhat secured

Aryadnae
2014-07-23, 11:44 PM
In region 19. And no they aren't.

Donut
2014-07-24, 02:17 AM
Krieg Actions turn 4: espionage of – you know the drill
Financial orders
• Spend 8 CASH to buy primary stat: MIGHT
• Spend 12 CASH to increase 1st KORPs in defence by 1 to 6
• Spend 6 CASH to increase 2nd KORPs in speed by 1 to 3
• Spend 4 CASH to increase 3rd KORPs in speed by 1 to 2
Total CASH spent: 30

Army movements
Army 1st KORPs Wehrmacht movements1st KORPs
• Moves from territory 10 to territory 16
• Moves from territory 16 to territory 13 annexing region
• Moves from territory 13 to territory 21 attacking region held by Longboot Clan

Army 2nd KORPs Volkssturm Movements
• Moves from territory 9 to territory 13
• Moves from territory 13 to territory 21 attacking region held by Longboot Clan

Army 3rd KORPs Zerstörer movements
• Moves from territory 22 to territory 16
• Moves from territory 16 to territory 21 attacking region held by Longboot Clan

Officer actions
Von Manstein Remains attacked to Army: 1st KORPs
Von Manstein uses skill “RAPID ADVANCE” to increase attack of 1st KORPs
Ewald uses skill “SHOW ME THE MONEY” to increase wealth primary stat

Faction Skill
Education spent on upgrading Industrialisation to LEVEL 3 decreasing number of territories required to receive output after 4 territories

Thought of the day: "Money doesn't buy you happiness but is does give you a better class of misery"

Aryadnae
2014-07-24, 07:38 AM
The House of the Silver Moon and the Longbootians sign a formal alliance for 4 turns.

Donut
2014-07-24, 08:00 AM
We of the Krieg Confederacy do hereby DECLARE WAR against the house of North Longboot due to irreconcilable differences. May this conflict be swift.

Kaisers list of things to do.

1. Adopt industrialization ✓

2. Annex territory to prevent instability in the wake of emperors ill health ✓

3. Annex more territory ✓

4. Sample some Longboot cheese ✓

5. Annex even more territory!!! ✓

6. Suspend all laws from annexed territories save for cultural/religious laws ✓

7. Outlaw slavery in annexed territories ✓

8. Restrict certain forms of magic (specifically the sparkly unicorn kind) ✓

9. Introduce industrialization to annexed territories ✓

10. Send a get well soon card to emperor offering to protect his empire should he die ✓

11. Remember to pay house staff their mid-year bonuses ✓

12. Disband all existing governments and ruling parties from annexed territories ✓

13. Tell Von Manstein to bring some Luna stones from the north ✓

14. Create new Krieg controlled puppet governments - (not necessary, suspending slavery, old governments and old laws made territories fiercely loyal except regions 1, 2 and 9)

15. Take a Vassal ✓

16. Upgrade armies ✓

17. Execute plan Z - (not necessary, Army surplus of volunteers, maybe later)

18. Remember Mrs Kaisers birthday (PRIORITY) ✓

19. Declare War on the Longboot faction ✓

20. Feed the pet vassal- dog… I meant dog

21. Conquer the Longboot faction (question necessity, show of strength may suffice

22. Tell Mechanicus techies to develop titan machines

23. Remember to wear sunglasses next time diplomacy is conducted with the Radiance of the 5th

24. Question Ewald regarding the money he is apparently being shown

Icilia
2014-07-25, 12:29 AM
On a grey morning, the Krieg Confederacy's armies march to engage the Longbootians. An acrid stench of cheese sits on the wind, emanating from the gathered Longbootian forces. With a roar, the two armies charge and engage in combat!

1st KORP: 1
2nd KORP: 4
3rd KORP: 5

1st: 4
2nd: 6
3rd: 2

As the first KOPRS engages the standing garrison, it is overwhelmed by its size, but charges straight through anyway, carving a respectable chunk away.
Garrison gain 5 defence in this fight. Total of 9 defence.
Damage to 1st KORPS: 4 damage to DEFENCE, 0 to SIZE
Damage to garrison: 9 damage to DEFENCE, 1 to SIZE. SIZE now 9

The third KORPS attempts to follow after the first KORPS, but are overwhelmed by numbers.
Damage to 3rd KORPS: 2 damage to DEFENCE, 4 to SIZE. Third KORPS is destroyed.
Damage to garrison: 5 damage to SIZE. SIZE now 4

Second KORPS valiantly follows the two larger armies, sacrificing itself to destroy the garrison.
Damage to 2nd KORPS: 1 damage to DEFENCE, 1 to SIZE. Second KORPS is destroyed.
Damage to garrison: 5 damage to SIZE. Garrison destroyed.

As the smoke clears over the battlefield, it is revealed that some men managed to survive from the garrison, most likely because of their strange amour that they are now eating. Hey, wait, that is expensive!
Due to skill: Cheese Based Metallurgy, Garrison is restored to SIZE 1 due to drawn combat.

Icilia
2014-07-25, 12:55 AM
After a year of illness, the emperor has passed away. The nation morns as the line of Denithor ends. But even now, war begins to creep up on the land, as the factions begin the true fight for the right to rule.

The House of the Silent Moon manage to sneak soldiers straight into the Denithorian capital, and secure the emperor's palace, as the Krieg Confederacy snaps at their heels and also advance towards the capital. Through subtitle pulling of strings, the House of the Silent Moon has gained the capital. They graciously welcome the Confederacy into their lands, and the two factions are present when the emperor passes. Ever on the move, the Krieg Confederacy continue there advance straight into the Longbootian lands, declare war on these simple cheese makers. In a surprise turn around, the cheese makers hold their lands at the lose of two small Krieg armies.

In the south, the Radiance of the 5th claim the last unclaimed territory. They also find a shard of frozen light, a foreboding omen to their nation, but also teaching them a few interesting things. In the political theatre, they are named the Pacifists.

The Krieg Confederacy continues it's stalwart march, engaging in war, and losing some of their men. Ever lose teaches though, and the Krieg gain knowledge from their lose. In the political theatre, they are named the Krieg Dominion.

The Longbootians are threatened currently, and through threat comes unity. Their cheese moulds and formations defends their nation, and through this unity comes a greater understanding of there traditions. In the political theatre, they are named the Cheeld Bearers.

The capturing of the Emperor's palace is a great achievement for the Silent Moon, and they are able to secret away knowledge hidden away in the palace's crypts. In the political theatre, they are named the Vassals.

The Bartolians are quiet this season. Maybe they are all hibernating? In the political theatre, they gain no name, and are simply the Nameless.

Donut
2014-07-25, 02:21 AM
Financial actions
Spend 12 CASH to buy one point in primary stat MIGHT
Spend 5 CASH to buy army 4th KORPs Sturmgrenadier in region 16 (all MIGHT points placed in size)
Spend 18 CASH to increase 4th KORPs Sturmgrenadier in defense by 4

Finances left in treasury 0

Army Actions

Army 1st KORPs Wehrmacht movements

1st KORPs movies from territory 21 to territory 9 withdrawing from combat

4th KORPs Sturmgrenadier created in region 16
stats

Size: 7
Attack: 0
Defense: 4
Speed: 0

Officer actions
Von Manstein remains with 1st KORPs

Ewald uses officer skill "SHOW ME THE MONEY" to increase wealth

Education related actions

Education spent on upgrading Industrialization to LEVEL 4 decreasing number of territories required to receive output after 4 territories

Whether by incompetence or design you're incorrect information caused me to commit to a costly and ultimately failed invasion. Did you not notice that the Longboot army was in 21 and not 19 like you said? I do not reward failure. Do not make me question your usefulness further. Provide me with DETAILED and ACCURATE information on ALL other factions from now on and you will earn my respect and some rewards. Don't make the same mistake twice.

The emperor may be dead but its also the Kaisers birthday! Happy 55th birthday Wilhelm Reinhardt!

Also. HEY! DON'T CHANGE OUR NAMES! We were the ones that volunteered these names for this game. Don't change it to suit YOUR context mod-man

LummyNess
2014-07-25, 03:01 AM
Speech Made by Sir William Walterson: To one and all, I ask of you, that during this season there be a cease fire, in morn of the dead,
that both respect and dignity be held high and true! I offer you all peace.
I don't however claim any right to tell others what to do nor do I wish to, I simple ASK for your hands as we allow the passing of our great and noble leader to rest in peace for one last season.

Long live the Denithor Family, may they never be forgotten.

buy 1 WEALTH 4->5 for 12 CASH
buy speed for army 3, new speed = 2
CASH remaining = 0
Send Marcos Barthram the Master Tactician on message duty
New Skill: 'Light' Healing: Do i really have to explain this one?oh no your injured! "turns on the light" wound closes up Sir William Walterson: "examining some cells from himself" strange when i increase the luminescence the cells start multiplying, but when i decrease they react normally. doctors who get me a wounded or sick man place them under the sun at once! -several hours later- its a miracle he can walk again. WHAT it even gives back sight :O
Army 1 Stays at 24 with Sir William Walterson Leading
Army 2 Stays at 31
Army 3 Stays at 26

To your animals and people alike, i request that we form an alliance to stop the senselessness of this bloodshed and therefore do not allow any more declarations of war to be arisen.

Dearest Loved ones of the Denithor family,

We of the ROT5 give our deepest and most sincerest of condolences, we too have lost a hero, a legend and
legacy that hopefully can one day be filled. (with light(this is a joke, laugh)) but please do not weep tears for his death, because we can promise you he has been accepted by the light and will live on for all eternity, he will not suffer, he will not age and he will always be at peace

Signed Sir William Walterson Leader of the Light

Donut
2014-07-25, 06:18 AM
We of the Krieg Confederacy do hereby... agree to this ceasefire. Let no blood be shed in the capital or surrounding provinces in this season of mourning. We will honor the ancient dynasty that brought us to enlightenment.

No sooner had the Kaiser acknowledged the Leader of ROT5's message, that all offensive operations ceased. This gave the troops some much needed time to rest and the mechanized formations some much needed repairs. Though the invasion was a bloody pointless failure, for every Krieg trooper who had been killed, 3 Longboot cheese soldiers also lay dead. A testament to the firepower of the Krieg heavy guns and Lightening tactics of the new motorized divisions.

But despite the outward appearance Zitadelle Command, the Krieg army headquarters, was deeply disturbed by this failure. A full investigation was launched. numerous flaws were found, such as the inability for the KORPs to synchronize their attacks and the ad-hock nature of the plan of assault. Finally the investigation drew 3 conclusions

The invasion was based on faulty intelligence
Command had failed to consider the effectiveness of the Longboots unusual armour
Command had grossly underestimated the strength of the regions reserves.

But despite the cease fire, new orders were issued from the Deputy Kaisers office. With these mistakes in mind and with a virtually limitless reserve of volunteers, Zitadelle Command was to plan a bold and dangerous campaign. And it would be called OPERATION ARBALEST

Thought of the day: "Spare not a tear for the dead for they are in paradise. Weep only for the living."

Aryadnae
2014-07-26, 08:56 PM
Spend 12 CASH for 1 point of MIGHT
Araleth Nailo is sent off to deliver a message to a faction.

I would recommend that you do not accuse us of misinformation, though we know much that occurs in the world, there are still things that even we cannot see. Perhaps some training for your armies is required? We would hate to see a repeat of this failed battle. For your own personal information, there is not much happening at this point in time. That said, everyone is at peace currently. I would suggest you use this time of peace wisely to prepare your next invasion. However, do not presume to blame us for the Longbootian's victory, they simply outmanoeuvred you, perhaps your own generals were a reason for the failure? With that said, we can say with all faith, that since you have moved out of their territory, there seems to be no other movements from any of the others around the world. Furthermore, I would recommend that you hold off on any invasive plans for now, if you were to disturb the peace, the other factions may just join against you. While we have the utmost faith in your militaristic might, we do not believe that even you could withstand an assault from the other three factions. We would ask that you do not retaliate on us if this message is received as being ill in nature, we are simply stating what we have seen would be the best possible solutions for the next few seasons. We will endeavour to better serve you in future.

Cookies
2014-07-26, 09:08 PM
VIP Bach uses beast talk to organize an animal garrison (consisting of the wild wolves, bears and horses) in area 30
assigned animal garrison 2 points of defense
VIP Bach improves skill Beast talk (4). able to better communicate with beasts
Purchasing stats Spend 4 CASH to buy 1 point in Espionage
Purchasing stats Spend 12 CASH to buy 1 point in Might
Purchasing stats Spend 10 CASH to buy 1 point in Morale

Cookies
2014-07-26, 09:25 PM
new skill: animal corp traning. gain 2 extra points when creating an animal garison

Icilia
2014-07-26, 09:34 PM
Denithor has a short rest this season, as the mighty faction declare a cease fire in honour of the Emperor.

Bartolia, in it's on odd way, continues to move along in a state of bliss, and learn from strange guides in the world.

Donut
2014-07-26, 09:56 PM
While its true my armies did not manage to overcome their garrison it is also true that I would have not launched an invaision if I had know that the Longboots most powerful army was there. Even if fortune smiled on my troops and the garrison fell that day, the presence of the other enemy army would have still turned this conflict into a bloody mess. Do not presume to tell me why it has failed. I know that "outmanouvering" had nothing to do with it. You must be confusing it with "outnumbering". You have access to the Longboots orders, both past and present. Do not disguise your incompetence or deciet by blaming the limitations of your own espionage of which there are few. As for your political advice, it is both wise and considered and I shall think on it.

Financial actions
Spend 18 CASH to buy one point in MIGHT
Spend 14 CASH to buy one point in WEALTH
Spend 2 CASH to increase army 4th KORPs in speed by 1
Finance left in treasury: 1

Army actions
Army 1st KORPs Wehrmacht movements
• 1st KORPs movies from territory 9 to territory 16
4th KORPs Sturmgrenadier created in region 16
• 4th KORPs movies from territory 16 to territory 9

Officer actions
Von Manstein remains with 1st KORPs

Ewald uses skill “SHOW ME THE MONEY” to increase wealth

Thought of the day: "Does anybody bother to read these?"

LummyNess
2014-07-27, 04:28 AM
Peace is the only resolve, how we get there is up to you. you can only stop the light for so long before it gets to you

Retire Army 2 = (5 CASH gained TURN 7)
Buy WEALTH for 14 CASH
remaining CASH = 2
cash for next turn 7+ income

Donut
2014-07-27, 07:48 AM
Lord General Von Manstein’s report to Inspector General Hothman, head of Zitadelle Command

Withdrawal from Longboot held territory was swift and bloodless. 1st KORPs has taken up positions on the Siegfried Line alongside the 13th Konservator army and are ready to repel any assault. I will send a full casualty report as soon as my staff officers have compiled all the figures.

On a more personal note I feel it is my duty to inform you that I have sent a message to the Deputy Kaisers office concerning the recent inquest into the failure of the invasion. I apologize Hothman but I have to go over your head on this one. Even generals can have a bad day and I won’t allow the politician’s to condemn our experienced officers to the punishment battalions over an invasion that, by rights, should never have happened.

The prosecution of Colonel General Guderian and Lieutenant General Von Kluger is a witch hunt. Both are decorated veterans and both followed their orders to the letter and displayed the competence that was expected of them in the face of long odds. I find it interesting to note that I was not called as a witness to their unfolding trials as I was there as the battle unfolded. I expect Deputy Kaiser Ewald will quietly reverse the charges within a week which is just as well. We will need both of them for the coming operation.

I know you are to remain impartial for these trials but the politicians wont see it that way. Again I apologize for the political flak you are bound to receive old friend, undeserved as it may be.

Icilia
2014-07-28, 03:02 AM
Due to the recent attack, the Longbootians lock down their borders with cheese based fortifications, making travel in and out of the nation impossible For the foreseeable future.

StewI101 will not be able to do any actions for the next few turns. Until his return, I am locking down his nation from any external influence. I won't pause the game because he is away, but I will protect him from attack. Due to this, any player may destroy an alliance or at war with any other player this turn, returning the two players to neutral terms this round.

Aryadnae
2014-07-28, 03:13 AM
Everything remains the same, the House makes no move this turn.

On the upside, the new skill: "Divine Wrath" as implied, can fire a massive beam of pure energy at the enemy army/ies.

StewI101
2014-07-31, 05:48 AM
Lordly decree of Jeremiah longboot the 45th

we make no moves, we will not declare war on the confederacy and wholeheartedly agree to this ceasefire, but we will not simply lay down to this aggression.

as we did when we first discovered the art of cheese
as we did in the age of wine
as we did in the empires glory days
as we do now.

spend 12 cash to increase the Striders size by 2( now 4)(army 1)
the strider's forces hold and bolster the boarder at province 21.

spend 6 cast to increase army 2 (blue veins) attack from 2 to 3

spend 8 on new VIP

:Berrick "blue vein" Longboot the 47th.
famous for his blue eyes and veracious veined body. the oldest brother of the current Lord of north longboot. takes command of The Blue Veins. recently returned form retirement at the news of the kreig attack

skill: regimen of the Cheesemaker:Berricks command of his troops is strict and ferocious, men under his command gain a bonus to discipline and loyalty.

messages are sent across the land...complimentary cheese included
i am great-full for your alliance and peace mongering, may it bring your people hope in these chaotic days, but i fear no less for the people of this once unified empire.
lord Jeremiah longboot the 45th, lord of north longboot.

letter from Jeremiah longboot the 45th:
first and foremost i bit the greetings, to keep this short as not to tire the raven carrying it, i wish to build trust between our nations, in the name of peace.
i wish you and your people and animals no ill will nor aggression, i do also believe we have a mutual friend in the radiance of the 5th, am i mistaken?

please consider my proposal.