PDA

View Full Version : Epic Spellcasting for Secondary Casters?

CrazyYanmega
2014-07-13, 12:47 PM
How good is Epic Casting for Secondary Casters like Bard and Ranger? Do they follow the same rules, or do they have to wait until they can use Lv 10 spell slots?

Divide by Zero
2014-07-13, 01:08 PM
How good is Epic Casting for Secondary Casters like Bard and Ranger? Do they follow the same rules, or do they have to wait until they can use Lv 10 spell slots?

They never get it unless they take Improved Spell Capacity five times. If they do, it works just like it does for anyone else with the same magic type.

Svata
2014-07-13, 01:50 PM
Bards could go Sublime Chord, even if they don't, they need Imp. Spell Capacity three times, not five.

malonkey1
2014-07-13, 03:03 PM
Bards could go Sublime Chord, even if they don't, they need Imp. Spell Capacity three times, not five.

If you can get Turn Undead and you're an Illumian with Naen and Hoon sigils, then you may not technically need that at all, as you can apply Heighten Spell to get them up 9th level spells. But that's an odd case that not everybody agrees works.

Divide by Zero
2014-07-13, 03:06 PM

Right, right, but my general point still stands. And I think a bard stops counting as a "secondary" caster once you take Sublime Chord :smallwink:

sideswipe
2014-07-13, 06:26 PM
Right, right, but my general point still stands. And I think a bard stops counting as a "secondary" caster once you take Sublime Chord :smallwink:

yeh you become a wizard with bard spell list added in and bardic music and bardic knowledge. and a few other nice things. though slower spell progression than a wizard but hey, a bard with shapechange is still a bard with shapechange :smallsmile: