PDA

View Full Version : Optimization What about the Righteous Zealot?

The Candyman
2014-07-13, 05:11 PM
I was searching randomly some strange classes on the internet, and I found this Righteous Zealot. I searched information about this prestige class but I found only one source (and it said it was weak but without explaining the reason).

But in a place like Italy (the place where I live) it is impossible not to connect a class like this with people like Silvio Berlusconi or Beppe Grillo.
So now I wanna try to make a possible build for a Righteous Zealot. He or She will be oviously evil XD

What do you suggest?

atemu1234
2014-07-13, 05:46 PM
I was searching randomly some strange classes on the internet, and I found this Righteous Zealot. I searched information about this prestige class but I found only one source (and it said it was weak but without explaining the reason).

But in a place like Italy (the place where I live) it is impossible not to connect a class like this with people like Silvio Berlusconi or Beppe Grillo.
So now I wanna try to make a possible build for a Righteous Zealot. He or She will be oviously evil XD

What do you suggest?

First question: Roleplaying or hard stats?

The Candyman
2014-07-13, 05:55 PM
First question: Roleplaying or hard stats?

I'd say "both", but in the end I can take care of the roleplaying part by myself. So I say: Hard Stats. If it is actually weak I need to empower it.

Jigawatts
2014-07-14, 02:30 AM
I take it you are referring to the Righteous Zealot prestige class from the 3.5 Dragonlance Campaign Setting sourcebook. Its not a particularly great class, low BAB, d6 HD, and no spellcasting enhancement. Its major feature is its Oration ability, which works like Bardic Performance but is keyed off of Diplomacy. You could actually give it a full 10/10 divine spellcaster increase and it would put the class in the "pretty good-good" range, but still nowhere near OP.

The Candyman
2014-07-15, 01:41 AM
Thanks.
I think that the problem with divine spellcaster classes is that the only class that has all Righteous Zealot's class skills between his own class skills is the Divine Bard, but honestly I don't know if it is a goos class.