PDA

View Full Version : Turning Undead PCs?

Chaosvii7
2014-07-13, 07:29 PM
Just curious really. Have you as DM or one of your DMs actively sent an opponent at you who was trying to turn undead to eradicate an Undead PC? I've always wondered, given the fact that the Undead type seems to have a fair amount of support for player characters, as undeath is usually an inherited feature on most things in the game. Does anyone have stories of turning undead PCs, or being turned as an Undead PC? I've never heard a single thing on the matter, so I assume that it's a gentleman's agreement that nobody gets turned because it's just poor showing to throw a high-level cleric who rolls well on their turning check to absolutely ruin a single character concept.

sideswipe
2014-07-13, 07:35 PM
if you want to be undead and have all the immunities and powers you get the downside.

otherwise we would all take con 1 and the DM would say "awww don't get the downside, i will let you off and give you no penalties for it".

as an evil undead you should see a cleric coming and just run forest run away as fast as your rotten legs will carry you.

Zombulian
2014-07-13, 07:40 PM
I have personally had a cleric try to rebuke one of my PC's when I was DMing, but not out of any animosity for the PC. I was running a premade and one of the enemies was a low level cleric, and one of his best courses of action was to turn, so I had him try. He failed miserably, but I would have had no qualms with the outcome if he succeeded. Undead gives plenty of immunities, and this specific PC was also Incorporeal.