PDA

View Full Version : Construction of a Cryomancer

Hazrond
2014-07-13, 10:13 PM
Ok so here is what I'm thinking so far for a character I'm building for another game

Male silverbrow human sorcerer
Classes are gonna be sorcerer 5 frost mage 10 and I have yet to nail down the third prestige I will take for 5 levels. Feats will include either Reach or Ocular spell, frozen magic (for frost mage), draconic heritage (bonus from DB sorc sub level 1), piercing cold (bonus from frost mage level 4), eschew materials, energy substitution (cold), and spell thematics (ice and snow). I get a bonus feat for silverbrow human and flaws are on the table, so tell me playground three things, 1: what should prestige #2 be, 2: what levels should I take the prestiges in, and 3: what other feats would be good?

Thealtruistorc
2014-07-13, 11:00 PM
I did something like this once, though I used a lesser tiefling over a human.

Snowcasting, Eschew Materials, and Greater Cold Focus combine to create a stupid bonus to all save DCs.

You could go archmage and change all your spells to cold, or elemental savant and boost your ice game. Beyond that, add Easy metamagic (piercing cold) and apply it to all of your spells.

Yogibear41
2014-07-14, 11:46 PM
How do you plan to survive for 24 hours unprotected in a blizzard as a level 5 sorcerer?

Hazrond
2014-07-15, 12:13 AM
How do you plan to survive for 24 hours unprotected in a blizzard as a level 5 sorcerer?

The DM has told me that it can be backstory information :smallsmile: