PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Raptoran Ubercharger

paperarmor
2014-07-14, 12:04 AM
Would a Raptoran be able to apply the benefits of the standard Ubercharger feats with its Dive attack? If so would using a lance as your two hander be best or would a spear of some kind be more optimal thanks in advance.

OldTrees1
2014-07-14, 01:25 AM
Most of the stuff would apply. Some like Leap Attack, Battle Jump, ... would not since they have other movement prerequisites.

paperarmor
2014-07-14, 01:32 PM
ok but they have the leap attack doubling built in so long as they have enough room to manouver which means it should still probably be taken just in case. What would be the best combination of classes for this build? Obviously Pounce Barbarian is needed but would Warblade be worth it?

Arc_knight25
2014-07-14, 01:59 PM
I made a lvl 20 build. Its in the spoiler.

I've never used it and I made it almost a year ago, so its not all that fresh in my mind.

But it goes into Aerial Avenger(AA) and Frenzied Berserker(FB). Uses Fighter and Monk to get the needed feats to go into both AA and FB

Frenzied Berserker
+6 BAB
Power Attack, Cleave, Destructive Rage, Intimidating Rage

Aerial Avenger
Tumble:5
Reflex +3
Dodge, Mobility

Race: Raptoran 5HD Flight +2dex -2 Con

1 Fighter Feat: Power Attack, Bonus Feat: Cleave Raptoran variant: Encumbered Flight
2 Monk Cobra Strike Style: Dodge, +2 Escape Artist, Decisive Strike, Unarmed strike
3 Monk Cobra Strike Style: Mobility, Evasion(trade up?) Feat: Air Heritage
4 Barbarian Pounce Rage 1/day
5 Barbarian Uncanny dodge
6 Aerial Avenger Flyby Attack Feat: Destructive Rage
7 Aerial Avenger Momentum 1, Power Dive
8 Aerial Avenger Manuverability increase, +10 flight speed
9 Aerial Avenger Death From Above +1, Range increase, Feat: Intimidating Rage
10 Aerial Avenger Momentum +2
11 Frenzied Beserker Frenzy, Diehard
12 Frenzied Beserker Supreme Cleave, Feat: Extra Rage
13 Frenzied Beserker Frenzyx2
14 Frenzied Beserker Deathless Frenzy
15 Frenzied Beserker Frenzyx3, improved Power attack, Feat: Leap Attack
16 Barbarian Spell Sense 1
17 Barbarian Rage 2/day
18 Barbarian Improved uncanny dodge, Feat: Elusive Target
19 Barbarian Spell Sense 2
20 Aerial Avenger Swoop

Trap Sense for Spell Sense +2 AC v.s Spells
Trade Ride for Tumble
Trade Fast Movement for Pounce

Probably not all that optimal, but I figured it would be fun to play

OldTrees1
2014-07-14, 04:14 PM
ok but they have the leap attack doubling built in so long as they have enough room to manouver which means it should still probably be taken just in case. What would be the best combination of classes for this build? Obviously Pounce Barbarian is needed but would Warblade be worth it?

1 Level of Warblade at 9th level gives you both Iron Heart Surge and White Raven Tactics. These are more of a breadth optimization(versatility/better Tier) than a depth optimization(Ubercharger) so it may or may not be valuable.

Jeff the Green
2014-07-14, 04:35 PM
Most of the stuff would apply. Some like Leap Attack, Battle Jump, ... would not since they have other movement prerequisites.

I think Battle Jump would work. It says you can't use it while under the effects of fly of levitate (since those have a built-in feather fall), but doesn't says anything about natural fly speeds. Technically Leap Attack might work, since I don't think there's anything that says you can't jump while you fly.

paperarmor
2014-07-14, 09:21 PM
I think Battle Jump would work. It says you can't use it while under the effects of fly of levitate (since those have a built-in feather fall), but doesn't says anything about natural fly speeds. Technically Leap Attack might work, since I don't think there's anything that says you can't jump while you fly.

actually could you use it to take off? like take a 5ft step jump 10 ft and then lift off fly up 10ft out 20 and down 10 more ft to slaughterate the enemy?