PDA

View Full Version : Will the comic-world ever get the setting treatment?

Kiero
2007-02-28, 08:02 PM
Couldn't see anything directly related in anything recent, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

Something that became particularly clear to me on reading the "creation myth" with the Snarl and so on is that there's almost an internally-consistent world here. One that people might be interested in playing in as an actual setting for roleplaying.

Now I recognise there's probably IP concerns all over the place and it's deliberately kitchen-sink, but has anyone else had the same idea?

DrowWolfrider
2007-02-28, 08:18 PM
That actually would be kinda cool.
Ha! I get first Non creator post!

consul
2007-02-28, 08:30 PM
I don't have it, but doesn't the boardgame qualify?

Minchandre
2007-02-28, 08:42 PM
It wouldn't be that hard to make a OotS setting; I mean, it's pretty generic. Use the Norse gods, the Greek gods, and the Chinese Zodiac for gods, make sure the dwarves and elves are both pretty isolationist, and bam!

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-02-28, 10:23 PM
Use the Norse gods, the Greek gods, and the Chinese Zodiac for gods

The Babylonian gods are equally important, even more so than the late Greek gods.

Kiero
2007-03-01, 04:31 AM
I don't have it, but doesn't the boardgame qualify?

That's a board game, not a roleplaying setting. There's very little world information in there.

factotum
2007-03-01, 04:44 AM
It wouldn't be that hard to make a OotS setting; I mean, it's pretty generic. Use the Norse gods, the Greek gods, and the Chinese Zodiac for gods, make sure the dwarves and elves are both pretty isolationist, and bam!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Greek gods were killed by the Snarl when it first appeared.