PDA

View Full Version : [4e] From Orcus with Love - IC Thread

Shadowcaller
2014-07-14, 10:57 AM
Nested upon the cliffs overlooking the coastal town of Waterhedge is the temple complex known as Sun's Rest devoted to the god Pelor. Older than the town that eventually sprung up near it this place of worship was originally but one temple but as the number of wanderers and pilgrims that came by increased a guest hall was added roughly at the same time as Waterhedge was built. Eventually the temple also took on the responsibilities of an hospital during the serpent plague of AE 1326 and have taken in patients from the surrounding lands ever since, growing in renown and wealth as a result.

But the great temple has fallen on dark times lately as the ravages of what later would be know as the shadow war, has forced more and more of it's clerics to the front lines. This has left Sun's Rest with only a skeletal crew which have been spread even more thin as refugees and wounded from the front lines have sought themselves to the safety within the temples stone walls. But as the sun sets over the ocean and the suns last beams fade dark clouds seem to be gathering against the purple sky, causing the fishermen to tighten their knots and drag up their boats even further up the coast.

The temple guards gaze wearily at the sky that have grown black and cloudy as the wind violently throws the banners of the sun god against the temples walls. Everyone knew this storm would be a big one yet no one would probably guess how big in the figurative sense...

----------------------------------------------

The door to your room is slammed upon and four figures quickly rush in and shuts the door shut once again and desperately presses themselves against it as it their lives depended on it. With the thunder and the rain falling it has been hard to hear anything (or sleep for that matter) but now it's beyond any doubt clear something is wrong within the walls of this sanctuary. "The temple is under attack! The undead! The shadow!" One of the figures, which you recognize as one of the refugees, cry out in fear and desperation. These people had fled from the war yet now it apparently had sought them up again, turning this haven into a death trap. The temple was only build with two exits and both on them on the main floor which now seemed rather far away here on the top floor of the temple with two stairs and long corridors between you and freedom.

So if the shadow now had sought you up here you were essentially trapped along with all the other adventurers sleeping in this small rectangular room.

Everyone make a history check.

It's night and there are no light sources in the room at the moment so it's nearly pitch black inside. This means everyone without special senses will have a hard time seeing anything and also suffer penalties on perception rolls based on sight.

UncleWolf
2014-07-14, 11:43 AM
"it is not the shadow that we must fear. it is the being that casts it." A quiet voice says from the furthest corner of the room. In a flash of lightning it's revealed to be a heavily armored figure sitting a chair, headless before the room goes dark once more. Surely it was just a mistake as whenever the next flash appears, the face of a pretty woman is smiling from where it should be as she ties a white ribbon around her neck before standing up. "remember, these creatures don't wish to be the tortured souls they've become. it is our duty to send them to their true slumber." She says as she begins attaching her gear to her body and slinging her back across her back. "remember that when you look in their faces and you can see the horrors they are forced to go through. remember that, and know that what you do tonight is not just right, but a mercy as well."

History:

[roll0]

Morty
2014-07-14, 02:14 PM
"Well, bugger," Michalson says, getting up and getting his staff. "I grew tired of living, anyhow."

[roll0]

Deathkeeper
2014-07-14, 06:32 PM
Nore wakes up quietly and without noise, simply getting up and pulling on his pants (he wears smallclothes to bed, don't worry :smalltongue:).
"Calm down. Let those of us with some experience in some matters clear the path." he says to the panicked refugees with a polite smile as he begins performing a few stretches. They take only a minute, and if left alone that time he performs them without much other noise, before reaching to sling his rucksack over his shoulder and place his simple straw hat onto his head. The latter motion might seem tricky since the minotaur needs to make sure his horns go through the holes, but he does it with practiced ease.

Deathkeeper
2014-07-14, 06:34 PM
let me try that roll *again*
[roll0]

Lost_Deep
2014-07-14, 06:50 PM
"Well said!" An elf leaps up from where she sat, and quickly picks up a flail and shield. Wait, did anyone see this girl come in? Wait... maybe... but that elf wasn't armed, armored, nor did she have the confident smile... what kind of crazy person sports a confident smile at a time like this?

"Someone light a torch so I can do a proper analysis! Let's see if there's some furniture in here we can set up as strategic cover, or at least help bar the door with!"

Madmal
2014-07-15, 12:18 AM
A degree of light was gradually filled into the room as the Eladrin slowly unwrapped the special torch from the rags covering it. "I knew this would be helpful. Never a good sign to trust your eyes only". He waved it a little before the room. "My, this is for sure an odd company to die along, but I suppose you there's always worse company. If any of you don't mind holding this for a moment, I still need my helmet on."

[roll0]

Shadowcaller
2014-07-15, 08:02 AM
The refugees covers their eyes as their eyes slowly get adjusted to the light. The former speaker, the only human in the little evacuee group seem to recognize adventurers at sight. "Yes, by the names of all the good gods, help us!" He begs.

The two elven refugees move to the corner as they hear the adventurers plan, the obviously pregnant woman of them starting to attend to the man's wounds. It looks like he has suffered a pretty bad bite from something in his shoulder. He winches in pain as she touches the wound but just let's loose a soft whimper.
"But some of you are staying here right? You know, just in case?" The goblin strangely fancily dressed goblin refugee asks, still positioned by the door.

"The shadow" is an evil invading horde of undead and necromancers, killing everything in their path. Their undead are rumored to be spreading the undead plague, so that bite might turn the elven man into a zombie soon. There is said to be no cure for this.

"The shadow" is an evil invading horde of undead and necromancers, killing everything in their path.

"The shadow" is a name used by the Orcum empire to reefer to the Alcer Alliance, a group of nations which has broken out of the empire and claims to want to help other nations to break out as well. However after a series of recent military loses it is said they turned to Orcus for aid.

"The shadow" is a term coined by the Orcum empire to reefer to the Alcer Alliance, nations which has broken out of the empire and seeks to aid other regions to do the same. After a number of military loses against Orcum however a group of Orcus cultists is said to have offered them aid in exchange for "religious freedom" within the alliance. Now Orcus cultists are employing hit-and-run tactics upon the empires stronghold, employing fast-moving ghouls and skeletal horses.

Morty
2014-07-15, 03:33 PM
Michalson looks over his shoulder. Why are they letting goblins in here?

"If things get so bad that the attackers get here, I doubt one or two people will make a difference. Let's move."

UncleWolf
2014-07-15, 03:52 PM
"we'll do no such thing." The armored woman tells energetic elf. "if they're here to destroy the place, they'll raze it to the ground by the end. barricading ourselves in here is a death sentence. i would rather try to escape than be trapped in here." She admits before walking over to the injured man, a frown on her features as she kneels next to him and what she assumes is his wife. "you are injured, much more gravely than you believe i think, but i am here to help you either way. The Raven Queen has sent me to keep an eye upon you." she says, hoping that perhaps it'd be a small comfort. "that wound you bear, the bite, let me see it. my patron and i will tend to it as best as we can." she promises, and if he allows her, she'll examine the wound.

[roll0]

Lost_Deep
2014-07-15, 04:53 PM
"Of course we're going to go on the offensive! That's what we need to barricade the door for. The barricade will be a temporary defensive position until there is an opening in the enemy ranks, permitting a counterattack." She looks around for a suitably heavy piece of furniture to put in front of the door not a bookcase; she doesn't want to block the door completely, she wants to reinforce it and make some cover. "And we should make this a defensible position if we have to fall back, of course. I'm always open to tactical advice! Speak up!"

Deathkeeper
2014-07-15, 04:55 PM
"If the enemy is undead, they might simply stand there until prey passes by. We might not be able to wait for an opening." says the minotaur mid-stretch, not seeming to be bothered much by the activity around him.

Shadowcaller
2014-07-16, 08:31 AM
There are six beds in the room, your beds, but nothing else in the way of furniture. The temple had to hold a very sparse style of decor, just the fact you had beds and weren't simply sleeping on the floor was something of a blessing.
The human doesn't seem to appreciate Kaza's efforts however. "What?! While you try to build a stupid barricade people are dying out there and probably getting raised as more undead! We just fled from a horde of zombies and the fact that they're not knocking on our door yet must mean they're knocking on someone else door!"
The goblin simply shifts away from the human, avoiding looking anyone in the eye as there seem to be some sort of argument going.

The two elves look up at the bride as she speaks. "...he can't move." The woman states, while the revenants appearance was frightening her clear expertise in the healing arts seemed to calm them down somewhat. So the man simply winches again as she examines his wound, it doesn't look like he can move his arms.

The wound is indeed infected, but she recognize this infection. It's from a ghoul bite and causes a partial paralyzation in the victim. It doesn't turn anyone into a zombie however. (Note, it causes the victim to become immobilized in game turns.) This effect is ended by a save.

She might recognize more specifically what type of ghoul that caused this with an Religion Check (High DC).

Everyone make an intelligence check. Simply roll equal or lower than your intelligence score without any modifiers. The lower you roll under your score, the better.

Lost_Deep
2014-07-16, 01:15 PM
Kaza sighs. "No tactical sense." She's obviously annoyed, but says nothing more.

[roll0]

Deathkeeper
2014-07-16, 01:18 PM
Nore will have gotten to the point of donning his hat by now.
"If you'd like I can take a peek outside and see what we're dealing with on the short-term." offers the minotaur with a shrug.
[roll0]

Morty
2014-07-16, 01:47 PM
"Making a barricade would have made sense if we'd known they were coming in advance. Too late for it now," Michalson says. "We just need to hope we can weather the assault."

[roll0]

UncleWolf
2014-07-16, 02:08 PM
"the man is right, tactical sense or not." The Revenant says as she gently places a hand over the elf's bite. "i for one am not going to stay in here while others are attacked. you are welcome to if you wish, for i do not begrudge those who wish to place themselves first. it is not everyone's mindset to charge into battle." She explains gently before looking up at the elves with a small warm smile. "the wound is infected, but it is nothing major and something i can easily take from you. just promise me you'll be a little more cautious in the future. when we leave, stay in the center of us so we can protect you best."

After she asks him that she'll peer closely at the wound once more before closing her eyes and offering a small prayer to her patron Goddess, causing a glow of soft silver light to come from her hand. When the light touches the bite it seeps into the wound and black lines of infection can be seen being drawn out before crawling onto the woman's armor. The tendrils go up to her shoulder and sink into the joints of her armor, causing her to wince as she takes the infection for herself.

(Using Touch of Grace on the elf)

Intelligence: [roll0]
Religion: [roll1]
Save vs Disease: [roll2]

Everyone watching her will see the Revenant stiffen for a few long seconds, teeth clenched together before her movement returns to her in bits and pieces. At the end she still gives the elves a smile although slightly wearier. "see? all better."

Madmal
2014-07-16, 11:23 PM
[roll0]

The Eladrin shrugged, his face obscured by the helmet. "We stay, they'll eventually get here. We move, more chances to escape to see another sunrise. Either way, I get to use my weapon again."

Shadowcaller
2014-07-17, 10:06 AM
The human takes a deep breath after his outburst and simply nods, apparently pleased with what he just heard. "Good, since my cousin is still out there and I don't think I can go out there again and look for her."

The elven man seems equally grateful as the infection is magically removed from his body, enabling him to move again. He smiles at the elven woman who quickly embrace him in a hug. "Thank you, thank you so much..." He manages to mumble to The Bride. It looks like he will be alright, even with the no longer infected wound in his shoulder.

You can't recall much of the temple's layout beyond the fact you're in a sleeping hall and that there are three floors in the temple as you only arrived recently. You just remember that there was a statue of Tiamat and Pelor on the ground floor.

You can recall that the temple has three floors, including a separate hospital ward outside the building and catacombs underneath it.
This is the top floor, build to house the many travelers that come by Sun's Rest from time to time. It's simple a corridor with bedrooms at either side, like the one you're in now.
The floor underneath you is the dining hall where everyone eats. It now temporarily houses the many refugees that won't fit into the guest beds. They're sleeping on the dining halls floor. You could technically skip going into the dining hall as the stair lead directly down to the ground floor.
The ground floor is the temple itself, here you find the statue of Pelor fighting Tiamat in the great chamber. The clergy sleeps in small private rooms at either side of the great chamber.
You have never been in the catacombs or the hospital ward.

Intelligent Check: You can't recall much of the temple's layout beyond the fact you're in a sleeping hall and that there are three floors in the temple as you only arrived recently. You just remember that there was a statue of Tiamat and Pelor on the ground floor.

Religion Check: You have seen this type of wound before and it's not from your everyday ghoul. It would be hard to tell the difference for anyone else but you have encountered these creatures before at some point. They have been nicknamed 'Fleshseekers' for their ability to climb walls and even ceilings like spiders and laying in ambush. More intelligent than your run-of-the-mill ghoul, the Fleshseekers use cursed knives to carve up their victims once they manage to get close enough to touch them with their paralyzing claws.

Everyone make a Perception Check. Make it in the OOC thread.

UncleWolf
2014-07-17, 12:25 PM
The smile fades from The Bride's face and she reaches into her pack to pull out a pair of Sun Rods, giving one to the elves and one to the man. "the ghoul that bit him isn't a normal ghoul. it's called a fleshseeker. they carry cursed blades and can climb on the walls and ceilings, typically used as assassins and ambush predators. they are crafty, tough, and relentless. the slightest bite, the smallest cut, and you can end up paralyzed so keep an eye all around you." She explains before pulling her small shield and mace from her back, passing them over to the human. "i don't know when we'll be able to return, but i swear that i will try to at least. barricade the doors and windows,especially the windows after we leave, but if you smell any smoke, get out as fast as you can. if you're forced to leave, head to the statues of Tiamat and Pelor. i'll check there as often as i can. don't try to fight if you can't help it. survival always comes first. run, hide, survive. got it?"

With that said she'll head to the door, setting her left hand on the knob while removing the scythe from her back with her right. "anyone leaving, gather close. we need to move fast and move together. don't try to be stealthy as there are far too many of us. i don't know the grounds well, but if someone does, i need them up front with me. we'll to the infirmary if it's separate from the rest. an attack like this would have two main targets. the infirmary ward and main chapel. the main chapel can at least defend itself properly for a while. chances are these things will seek to injure as many people as possible rather than kill, force them all into one spot, and then come in one fell swoop." She explains. "anyone who can't fight, hold a sun rod or stay in the middle. if you have a light, hold it above you so we don't get blinded. if we pass an open doorway, stay away from it. keep your ears open and one eye on the ceiling and windows. if you spot something, say so no matter how small it is. if you're hurt don't hide it."

Finally she begins pointing at people, first to the eladrin and minotaur. "take the rear. we can't have anyone sneaking up on us. if we get split apart, i'm counting on you two to take as many of the group with you. again, try to make it to the statues or to the infirmary. the same goes for if we make contact with a large group in front of us. should that happen, i'll hold them off while you take everyone else and go." Next she points at the elf. "you're up front with me, but if the fighting happens and it's something we can't overtake readily, back off." Finally she points at Michalson. "stay in the center and use your abilities on your own judgement. you know what you can do best."

With the orders given, she gives one last look around. "if we come across other survivors, we need to link up with them. every person we help is one less their necromancers can use against us later. finally, if you have a holy symbol, pull it out and remember what i said at the start. what we are doing is just, right, and a mercy. we are the hands of our gods right now. it is up to us to uphold their ideals and beliefs during a trial like this. i cannot promise that this will be easy, far from it as i can promise that this will be hard. remember why you are here and harden your heart. remember those you love and those who depend on you and try your damnedest to get out of this whole. finally, remember that there is no shame in failure. there is never any shame. what matters is that we all tried to do what we believe to be the right course of action." It's a bit dark, but what can one expect from a Revenant, let alone a Paladin of The Raven Queen. "we have no time to waste. every moment lost is another life in jeopardy and another dark stain on the banner of life itself. onward!" She shouts, glowing scythe held ready as she pulls the door open and charges through, heedless of what's on the other side but ready to give whatever lays in weight a shock.

Lost_Deep
2014-07-17, 12:38 PM
Kaza laughs! "The tactical spirit is always a pleasure to behol-and now you're rushing forward. So close, and yet so far." Nonetheless, Kaza follows, shield in one hand and flail in the other. "I can hear screams on this floor, assume an enemy around every corner!"

Morty
2014-07-17, 02:33 PM
"That's a pretty long speech just to tell us we ought to hurry," Michalson says, but falls in line. Bride does talks sense, she just wastes too many words doing it.

Deathkeeper
2014-07-17, 02:55 PM
Nore just chuckles and tips his hat.
"As you say, M'lady. Pleasure to work with you." he says as he takes his position as instructed.

Madmal
2014-07-17, 04:04 PM
"Yes, It seems the monsters have reached this floor." The eladrin says as wraps the torch and falls in line near the minotaur. "Let's see what's behind door number one." He says, as he readies his bow.

Shadowcaller
2014-07-17, 06:52 PM
The first thing that meets you as you come out are the sound of a baby crying from the room opposite room, soon joined by a chorus of screams coming from the other rooms inhabitants. The man who is presumably the girls father is standing in the doorway, his face frozen in fear as he points at the other end of the corridor. "Undead!"
Where he points you can see a literal horde of shambling animated bodies who are busy trying to bash open doors in the rhythm of the inhabitants screams. A man is desperately trying to fight off two zombies which have managed to get a hold on her in the middle of the corridor as two men can only watch desperate fascination from their doorways as if considering to help him but not having enough courage to actually do it.

The Battlemap (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1a2K08TXRPnXYV5hA_yHvgBhIKbVuBo4VGkx9dvITq8E/edit?usp=sharing)

You won the group initiative, feel free to act in any order. The person that post first acts first basically. The monsters will act in the same way during their turn.

UncleWolf
2014-07-18, 10:57 AM
The Bride's lips tighten when she sees the horde at the other end of the hall, but she doesn't hesitate at all before pushing herself into a dead sprint, scythe held at her side. Those watching her will see her make a little skip to the left before putting on more speed, racing towards the nearest zombie as pale white light gathers around the blade of her weapon. At the final second she gives a loud cry before swinging her scythe upward, intent on bisecting the creature.

Only to have the attack miss by a hair's breadth, making the Paladin growl in frustration.

(due to screw ups in rolls, results are in OOC)

Morty
2014-07-18, 12:11 PM
Michalson rushes forward, raising his staff and intoning a spell to summon shadows and order them to rip apart the incoming zombies. Regardless of the result, the shadows will linger, hopefully making it harder for the other monsters to advance.

Casting Grasping Shadows on the area I drew a square over. Rolling to hit and damage:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Lost_Deep
2014-07-18, 12:30 PM
Kaza strides forward. "Nice feint! Let's see the follow-up!"

(Move forward seven, Commander's Strike on The Bride.)

UncleWolf
2014-07-18, 04:24 PM
The Bride closes her eyes for a moment, pushing her emotions back down. She'd gotten far too ahead of herself and the emotions always clouded her mind and abilities when she did so. The elf's words make her smile a bit though she understood that it was a little hollow. A miss was a miss, particularly after such a bad charge. Still, it was her duty to suck it up and continue.

Using the momentum of her first swing, the Revenant spins, sweeping her scythe upwards before going down once more, aiming for the creature's neck.

Melee Basic Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Deathkeeper
2014-07-18, 05:57 PM
Nore stomps a hoof on the floor, his body tensing up before he takes a heavy first step into a run, heading straight for the zombie directly in front of him.
((Posting from my phone, I'll move the piece later if no one does it for me.))
Charge at enemy directly in front of Nore, straight line
[roll0]
[roll1]

Madmal
2014-07-18, 10:08 PM
Galmeral walks next to the wizard and quickly shoots 2 arrows, one to each of the closer zombies.

Using Twin Strike on the closest enemies. Marked in the map with a half-frame.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Shadowcaller
2014-07-19, 11:13 AM
With an elegant swoop of the scythe the zombies head is separated from it's body which simply collapses on the ground like a sack of dried leaves, causing Galmeral's first arrow to miss. The second arrow hits it target though, going right into the zombie's wide open mouth and out through the back of it's head, carrying a large chunk of it's rotting brain, ending it's unlife. Nore only ending up charging a lifeless body.

The attacked man takes this opportunity to run into one of the rooms, unsure wherever the dark tentacles that start to writhe along the floor are conjured by the defenders or the undead themselves. This makes him miss a rather violent scene as one of michalsons summoned tentacles tears a zombie completely apart.

The other two zombies caught in the zone prove more resilient however, even as the tentacles grab and tear their flesh one of them continue to move forward and out of the zone while the other one retreats back. "Stay back, the shadows will destroy you." It hisses as two more zombies further back are torn apart by the tentacles when they attempt to enter the deadly zone.

So the rest of the zombies stay back with respect for the zone of shadow as the talking zombie summons shadow magic of it's own. A claw that seem to be made of shadow reaches out and attacks Kaza but thankfully misses.

The other resilient zombie that managed to get through the zone drags itself towards the Bride and attempts to bit her but only ends up gnawing at her armor. But then another zombie of the same kind suddenly screams out and charges with surprising speed towards Nore with it's club held high and manages to hit the minotaur with it.

Soon the zombies are joined as another of the intelligent "zombie generals" walk out of one of the open doors near the end of the corridor, followed by two lesser zombies which appears to have been busy feeding upon the rooms inhabitants. It stops near four corpses laying on the floor and smiles at the adventurers. "Raise my brothers, feed upon their flesh!"

And so the four bodies, two children, a man and a woman slowly raise from the floor with dead eyes staring towards the party. Looks like even more zombies have joined the fray.

The Bride killed one of the zombies.
Galmeral missed one zombie and killed another one.
Nore attacked a zombie but it was already dead from Galmeral's attack.
Michalson damaged and slowed down a zombie general, a super-zombie and killed three other zombies.
Kaza was attacked by a ranged attack from one of the zombie generals. It missed.
One of the super-zombies attempted to bite the Bride. It missed.
One of the super-zombies charged Nore with a club and hit. It dealt 11 damage.
Another zombie-general came out of a room and rose four new zombies.
Two more zombies are visible, coming out from the same room.

Battlemap (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1a2K08TXRPnXYV5hA_yHvgBhIKbVuBo4VGkx9dvITq8E/edit?usp=sharing)

UncleWolf
2014-07-19, 04:59 PM
The Bride's weapon begins to glow black as soon as the first zombie drops, and when she removes the blade from the body a small stream of blood comes with it, flowing from the corpse and beneath her armor. Thin red lines crawl over her face before glowing softly and when the zombie's bite proves ineffective she shrugs her shoulder to throw it off before pointing at the club wielding zombie. "you're next." She promises, causing a glowing spot of white light to form on it's forehead.

She turns her attention back to the zombie in front of her and deftly spins her glowing black blade, swinging it downward with all her might at the creature's head.

Dark Reaping: Free Action
Divine Challenge on Club Zombie: Minor Action
Valorous Strike: Standard Action

Valorous Strike:
To Hit: [roll0] Charisma vs AC
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2] Necrotic Damage

Morty
2014-07-19, 06:23 PM
Michalson advances further and, in a sweeping motion of his staff, assaults the undead with a chaotic, surreal shower of blinding light.

Using Beguiling Strands, Rolling Intelligence vs. Will 3 times.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Madmal
2014-07-19, 07:34 PM
The blue eyes of the Eladrin shine under the shadows of his helmet as he lets a couple arrows go at the casting zombie. "You. Shut up."

Twin Strike: Standard action (Both Half frames on one target)
Dex Vs. AC
[roll0]
[roll1]

Damage:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Lost_Deep
2014-07-20, 01:39 PM
"Shake it off, big man!"

At the same time, she rushes in at an angle, to give the paladin some support. She then takes a swing at the zombie herself.

Move 3
Inspiring Word on Nore
Wolf pack tactics: Before attack, I shift 1 square.
Rolls in OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?361484-4e-From-Orcus-with-Love-OOC&p=17801230#post17801230)

Deathkeeper
2014-07-20, 07:40 PM
Nore doesn't seem bothered at all by the damage, simply lashing out with an open palm at the foes' head to damage and disorient, then with a lightning-fast second hit.
Drunken Monkey: Melee Touch vs. Will[roll0] Damage: [roll1]
If hit successful: Stone Fist Flurry of Blows: Same enemy takes 6 damage
Enemy slides one square, diagonal up-left (into spell radius), struck enemy then makes one basic attack against enemy next to it, with +2 to the attack roll.

Shadowcaller
2014-07-21, 08:24 AM
The Bride's scythe causes a great black gash appear in the biting zombie who screams in pain as it's blackened blood pours out the wound. But it wins no sympathy as Kaza swings, cutting off is already mangled jaw, tongue and everything, effectively ending it's scream. Finally Michalson sends it back into the darkness it managed to crawl out from in a great burst of blinding light, destroying a lesser zombie caught in the blast.
The other super-zombie doesn't fare much better as with a rapid succession of hits against it's head Nore seem to have completely turned it's world around, like an drunken man it sways to the side and lazily attempts to hit the other zombie, but misses.
Even the zombie general gets hit in the chest by the Eldrain's arrow, causing it to look down at the arrow-shaft sticking out of it in surprise before pulling it out and start retreating into one of the side rooms while gesturing at the other zombies to attack them. "Go, recruit the living, the shadows are gone now!"

The horde starts to slowly move towards, the two super zombies included. The one marked by the Bride seeking her out to attempt to bite her but just as last time this proves to be futile against her armor.
The other zombie is going for Nore this time as in it's slowed condition, he's the only party member it can reach. It has more luck than it's brother however and manage to get it's filthy teeth into the minotaur's hide which cause him to see stars. Another zombie then attempts to take advantage of the monk's weakened condition and manages to slam him over the head with it's jagged fist.

"No brothers, go for the casters!" The other general orders the zombies as it sends another black claw at Kaza. This time however, it hits. The claw grapples her chain armor and literally drags her right into the approaching zombie horde. One of the super-zombies turning around and when it sees elf lands in the middle of them it manages to bash her with it's club. Then the other zombies raise their fists and starts bashing the elf as she's laying down, two hitting and one missing.

The Bride hits the gnawing super-zombie and causes it to be bloodied (this means at least half it's health is gone).
Kaza hits the same super-zombie and allows Nore to spend a healing surge and heal him for 1d6 with Inspiring Word. (You roll this LDK.)
Michalson kills a lesser zombie hits the same super-zombie and pushes it away into the darkness but misses the second super-zombie.
Gameral hits the zombie general with one arrow and bloodies it but misses with the other, causing the zombie to retreat into one of the side-rooms.
Nore slams the super-zombie he's fighting so hard in the head that it's next attack is against the other super-zombie, it misses however.
One of the super-zombies attempts to bite the Bride. It misses.
The other super-zombie attempts to bite Nore. It hits dealing 14 damage and causes him to be dazed until the end of the zombie's next turn.
Another of the lesser zombies attacks and hits nore, dealing 6 damage.
Nore is now Bloodied.
Kaza is hit by the zombie general's shadow claw and slides three squares into the zombie horde where one of the super-zombies are allowed to make a basic attack against her. It hits, dealing 7 damage.
Three standard zombies attack Kaza as she's pulled into the horde. One miss, two hit dealing 12 damage (in total, not each).
Kaza is now bloodied.

Battlemap (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1a2K08TXRPnXYV5hA_yHvgBhIKbVuBo4VGkx9dvITq8E/edit?usp=sharing)

UncleWolf
2014-07-21, 10:05 AM
"if you want to fight someone, then fight me. i am your real threat." The Bride says angrily, sidestepping away from the superzombie as her Scythe glows with bright white light. Her weapon spins around her quickly, gathering speed and power before she sweeps it upward, the tip aimed to dig right under another zombie's ribcage.

[roll0] Charisma vs AC
[roll1] Damage

Morty
2014-07-21, 10:23 AM
Michalson grips his staff tightly and spins it above his head, sending a shower of blurry, beguiling strands of smoke, light and reflections, which bites into even the zombies' necrotic flesh and half-dead brains.

"Just stay dead, you miserable rotting numbskulls."

Using Beguiling Strands once again, together with Knack for Success for a minor action to add +2 to the attack.

Top two rolls are for the big zombies, the rest are for minions. Intelligence +2 vs. Will

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

If the bigger zombie next to Kaza is hit, Michalson will push it 3 squares, away from the party.

Shadowcaller
2014-07-21, 10:46 AM
The Bride swings her scythe with such force that the zombie is literary ripped apart, it's innards flying all over the other zombies as a radiant glow comes over the Bride, attracting the zombies like moths to a lamp. They don't have much time to enjoy this light however as Michalsons next spell reduces every zombie, including one super-zombie, to dust.

The Bride made a critical hit against one zombie and killed it while marking the final super-zombie.
Michalson destroyed every visible standard zombie and made a critical hit against a super-zombie which destroyed it.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1a2K08TXRPnXYV5hA_yHvgBhIKbVuBo4VGkx9dvITq8E/edit?usp=sharing)

Lost_Deep
2014-07-21, 11:25 AM
Kaza is dragged into a horde of zombies. She grits her teeth. She steels herself. This is going to hurt, but she's not going going to go down without a fight!

And then holy and arcane energy wash over and around her, and many zombies are reduced to dust. Kaza smiles, and then laughs. She gives into a long, shaking laughter that comes from deep within. The laughter of zombie murder. She slides to the side and then back into line beside her allies.

"Someone kick that last one in the face so we can get to the next part!"

Inspiring word on self: [roll0]
Move left 2, down 2 (shown by arrows)
Commander's Strike on Nore

Deathkeeper
2014-07-21, 01:38 PM
Nore is happy to oblige, this time taking that order quite literally. Kick storms ensue!
Commander's Strike basic attack: [roll0] melee Str vs. AC [roll1]
If it's not dead, Crane's Wings (Dex melee touch vs. Fort) and Stone Fist Flurry of Blows [roll2] [roll3] +6 from FoB

Madmal
2014-07-22, 12:41 AM
Galmeral advances towards the group and fires an arrow at the visible Zombie General

Move action: 6 spaces
Minor action: Designate Quarry (:smallsmile: on map)
Ranged Basic Atk: Dex Vs. AC
[roll0]
Hunter's quarry: [roll2]

Shadowcaller
2014-07-22, 07:07 AM
As all the other zombies turned to dust only one super-zombie remains of the former horde that Nore starts attacking. But the attack granted to him by Kaza misses and the second punch, while enough to make the creature bloodied, isn't enough to actually kill it.

"No! Brothers!" The general bemoans the fall of the zombie hoard as they're turned to dust. "I will make you pay!"

The general is then hit in the chest by Galmeral's arrow but doesn't let that dissuade it. Summoning a claw of shadow it drags the Bride by the neck closer to it as another (but smaller) horde of zombies emerge from the side room, the rooms former inhabitants by the looks of it."Kill! Kill! For our fallen brothers!"

Following them is the other general, also wounded by the rangers arrows it looks equally pissed off. "I grant you the blessing of Orcus, brothers! Destroy this heretic! Make her embrace the death she must love so much!"
This causes all the remaining zombies to get an hungry look in their eyes as they move towards the Bride, the super-zombie included, charging towards her so fast the group don't even have a chance to attack it.

So the zombie comes in behind the Bride as two of the zombies from the side room. The super-zombie attacks first, managing to hit her hard from behind with it's club. Then the two other zombies attack with fanatic speed, the general causing them to attack twice this round. And that's not the only thing, as the zombies attack the Bride in the presence of the general one of them manages to grab her and now holds her in a death grip. It's putrid smell and rotting skin all too close.

Nore manages to get down the last super-zombie to critical health but doesn't quite manage to kill it.
Galmeral damaged the zombie general with his arrow.
The Bride was grabbed by a generals dark claw and slided three squares towards it.
The super-zombie charged the bride and hit her with it's club, dealing 18 damage.
Two zombies managed to reach the bride and got to attack twice through the general, they missed once and hit thrice, dealing 18 damage.
The Bride is now Bloodied.
The Bride is now Grabbed by one of the zombies.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1a2K08TXRPnXYV5hA_yHvgBhIKbVuBo4VGkx9dvITq8E/edit?usp=sharing)

Morty
2014-07-22, 02:01 PM
Michalson grits his teeth as new zombies join the fray. If that's how they want to play it, he'll destroy those things faster than the enemy can summon them. Give his allies ample opportunity to focus on the more important targets. He rushes forward and casts his spell once more.

Casting Beguiling Strands once again, in the area indicated.

Zombie General rolls:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Minion rolls:

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Both zombie generals, if hit, will be pushed three squares backwards.

Deathkeeper
2014-07-22, 04:56 PM
Nore shakes his head. Is there no end to these fouls tools of Orcus? He sure hopes so, or else his foot is going to get awfully tired.
Still, no time to complain. He performs a jumping kick in the hopes of finishing off the thing before him for good.
5 foot step one square forward to be adjacent to enemy zombie, flanking with the Bride
Crane's Wing again. (dex touch vs. Fort) [roll0] Damage [roll1]
As always, +6 damage for Flurry of Blows upon hit

UncleWolf
2014-07-22, 05:13 PM
The Bride's bones crunch under the impacts, sending her down to her knees as she struggles to hold onto her scythe, using it to keep her standing. Even under the hard impacts she smiles, especially when most of the zombies are taken out. "you're right. i love death." She admits, holding up her free hand as if it's a claw and making the holy symbol dangling from it glow with soft white light. "she is my patron, my lover and my soul. i am ready to meet her upon my destruction and i will do so without regret or shame." the Paladin claims as several foot long spectral needles appear around the zombie general. "but what about you?" She asks before clenching her fist, sending the needles at her target.

[roll0] Charisma vs Will
[roll1] damage

If it misses, it deals half damage.

Lost_Deep
2014-07-22, 06:16 PM
Kaza almost sighs. "Big man! Get up there and help the girlscout out!"

Knight's Move and Commander's Strike on Nore.

Madmal
2014-07-22, 10:07 PM
Galmeral readies another arrow at the Zombie General. "Yeah, yeah, impeding doom, darkness swallows, yadda yadda..."
he says, as the arrow shines and crackles.
Minor action: Activate Thunderburst weapon
Ranged Basic Atk: Dex Vs. Fort (Burst 1)
[roll0]
Hunter's quarry: [roll2]

Deathkeeper
2014-07-23, 03:54 PM
Empowered by Kaza's abilities, Nore steps forward to defend the Bride, lashing out with an open palm.
Move Three spaces forward
Basic Attack vs. AC on adjacent enemy
[roll0] Damage with FoB: [roll1]

Shadowcaller
2014-07-24, 06:40 AM
The new horde is finished like the old one by Michalson's magic, all except one turned to dust. Both general's pushed against the stairs where the Bride suddenly attacks it and engages in a brief theological discussion.

But the zombie general can sadly only scream in response to her argument as it's pierced with several needles that together with the thunderburst behind it created by Galmeral's arrow finally sends the creature into it's final resting place. What's left of the body simply collapsing on the ground.

Meanwhile Nore finishes off the final super-zombie with a swift punch to it's skull, cracking it's head, finishing it off for good. Then by Kaza's orders he continues towards the other general who's already been hit by the rangers arrow. The minotaur attempts to hit him by the general dodges and responds by returning the attack as the other zombie moves up behind him.

The general misses Nore but the zombie has better luck, managing to slam him over the shoulder. But it looks like the combat is over for the zombies part anyway as the fray is joined by a small but very angry mob coming out of one of the rooms. Armed with nothing but improvised weapons and a sword they beat the last zombies to death.

Michalson destroyed all zombies besides one and pushed back the two generals.
Galmeral and The Bride managed to destroy one of the generals together.
Nore destroyed the last super-zombie but missed when Kaza granted him another attack.
The zombie general and the last zombie attacked Nore, the general missed but the zombie hit dealing 6 damage.
The last zombies were destroyed by the mob.
Combat is now over.

Morty
2014-07-24, 01:57 PM
Michalson leans on his staff, feeling drained from all the spell-casting.

"We need to keep moving," he says, nonetheless. "This lot was only a fraction of the attackers, no doubt."

UncleWolf
2014-07-25, 12:39 PM
The Bride shakes her head. "no. we need to rest a moment and take note of what we have available. not to mention a couple of us are quite hurt and need to recover." She explains before looking at the mob. "are any of you priests? we could use some healing if we are to continue at any rate of speed in order to secure the lower floors."

Lost_Deep
2014-07-25, 12:47 PM
"Charging into combat tired would only be feeding them. I, for one, agree that a short rest would be wise." Kaza leans up against a wall. "I would like to say I am proud of this group. I don't even know your names, and I have seen teamwork. It's encouraging!"

Deathkeeper
2014-07-25, 09:17 PM
"Not I, ma'am." he says to the Bride. "And for the record, it's Nore." he says at the mention of names, leaning against a wall himself, still bleeding rather badly from some of the wounds, but not making much complaint.

Morty
2014-07-26, 06:58 AM
Michalson leans against the wall, as if relieved someone else suggested resting.

"They were zombies, it's not like beating them at teamwork is much of an accomplishment."

Shadowcaller
2014-07-26, 08:45 AM
As the immediate threat has passed some of the inhabitants come out of their rooms, looking for survivors in the rooms the zombies raided. Judging by the outcries, there are none. The survivors just seem to huddle together in their room, afraid to come out. Yet some seem to realize this was far from all the attackers.
People looks to turn for the adventurers for leadership, they were the ones that saved them all. They if anyone would know how to get out of this insane situation alive.

There is some hesitation from the refugees when the Bride asks her question. Most probably didn't even hear her in the alarm and others probably simply don't know any healers. "I'f offer, but I believe my arts are needed elsewhere." A female dragonborn suddenly states, gesturing at the gathered refugees still mourning their dead.

But in the middle of all this chaos one of the room doors isn't opening even as an desperate-looking dwarven woman continues beating at it and attempts to open it. It seems like it's locked on the inside and whoever is inside isn't interested in talking either.

Roll a Religion Check in the OOC thread.

Morty
2014-07-27, 11:07 AM
"Who's in there?" Michalson asks, looking at the door. "This door is unlikely to protect them if the zombies reutrn and overwhelm us."

Shadowcaller
2014-07-27, 02:06 PM
"Go away." A voice on the other side hisses. "We have someone who got bitten in here. Don't want it to spread."

Make a insight check in the OOC thread.

Lost_Deep
2014-07-27, 04:48 PM
"I'm afraid the best way to do that is to stop it before it can get going. There may be magic that can stop it? But barring that it may be needed to do a mercy kill. I dislike it as well, but sometimes in order to save many lives some must be lost. That's the basis of any plague control situation. That said, healing magic is far more ideal!"

Kaza, despite what her words say, straightens up and takes up a combat stance toward the door. Something is off here.

Deathkeeper
2014-07-27, 11:58 PM
Nore raises an eyebrow, not liking where this is going.
"Didn't the madam with the scythe say before the bites cause paralysis, not any infectious conditions?"

Madmal
2014-07-28, 03:25 PM
Galmeral points his bow at the door.

"Voice is all wrong. I vouch someone tear this door out."

Morty
2014-07-28, 05:12 PM
"Yeah, leaving something like that behind our backs is asking for trouble," Michalson says. "I have some magic to that effect, but there's no time for that now."

UncleWolf
2014-07-29, 02:19 PM
The Bride ignores the door, allowing the others to take it down if they wish, instead she keeps looking at the cleric. "they appear to wish to kill someone or at least injure them. maybe my new comrades are right, maybe they are wrong. we don't have the powers to reverse anything that might have spread into that room, but youmight. i can tell you that the voice isn't right and that it's likely trying to bluff it's way into our midst. but what if i'm wrong?" She asks the cleric. "if you are to stay on this floor, perhaps it ought to be up to you to decide, but you need to act. you claim the people here need you more than we do, then act like it." She says simply, not trying to be hostile but honest and straightforward instead. As she talks her bones reset audibly and her flesh begins to reknit. When it's done she stands, still leaning on her scythe a little as she waits for an answer.

Shadowcaller
2014-07-29, 03:27 PM
There is a pause on the other side of the door before you hear whoever is on the other side again. "If you burst the door, this sweet little morsel is gonna drop dead the very same moment. Just listen to it's cry..." If you listen closely you can now hear sobs on the other side of the door. It sounds like a child. The dwarven woman immediately backs away, terrified.

"We do need to act." The dragonborn agrees, snorting audible. " But I... I am not sure what to do." She have to admit, sounding hesitant at taking choices that could mean the life or death for dozens of people. This situation was a bit beyond her experience and as people are panicking around her it looks like she's almost as clueless as the rest of the trapped mass of people up here.

UncleWolf
2014-07-29, 08:03 PM
The Bride's smile is gentle and reassuring as she reaches out to grasp the cleric's shoulder in order to give it a gentle squeeze. "that's because you are used to acting up here." she points out, letting go of her shoulder to tap the dragonborn's forehead. "instead of here." She adds, setting her palm over the cleric's heart. "do what feels right."

Once her explanation is over she gives her scythe a little spin as she turns to face the door. "break it open. leave the creature to me." she tells the others as she grasps her scythe in both hands and readies herself to act.

Delaying her actions until the door is opened

Lost_Deep
2014-07-30, 10:58 AM
Do what feels right? Kaza keeps her mouth shut over that little bit. Instead she moves back, and puts away her shield and flail, instead drawing her bow. She takes up a position and nocks an arrow. "Always nice to have a backup plan."

Delaying action until after The Bride goes.

Deathkeeper
2014-07-30, 01:40 PM
Nore nods.
"Yes, Ma'am." he says quietly, and then takes a mighty step forward, bashing his shoulder hard against the door.
Strength check to bash door: [roll0]

Shadowcaller
2014-07-30, 03:13 PM
The dragonborn gives away a snort in confusion as the Bride has the audacity to tap her on the forehead. She would give the woman a piece of her mind... but not right now. That had to wait. Instead she simply gives the Bride and annoyed glare and turns to look at the door as Nore breaks it down.

They will get a glimpse of what's inside, the bodies of several people laying in their beds or on the floor. But not a single sign of whoever was talking.

Lost_Deep
2014-07-30, 03:15 PM
"Do either of you holy folk have a gift with damaging the undead?" Kaza asks, not moving forward. "Preferably in a way that does not harm living beings."

UncleWolf
2014-07-30, 03:28 PM
"we do not need powers to seek such for you forget what i said earlier." The Bride informs everyone as she walks through the doorway. "we just need to look up at the ceiling and walls." she explains as she does exactly what she says, expecting one of the ghouls.

Shadowcaller
2014-07-30, 04:21 PM
The bride won't be disappointed, as she looks up she two glowing red eyes and suddenly with a high-pitched scream a body is thrown at her, causing her to fall over.
Then emerging from the room, crawling on the ceiling like an enormous hideous spider, is a ghoul. The undead is still dressed in torn rags and the rest of the body is skeletal and withered with completely blank eyes and a hideously deformed mouth with huge inhuman teeth. Creating a permanent sinister grin.
People scream, flee and hide in their room as they see it, trying to get away from it as fast as possible.

If anyone bothers to look just what was thrown at the Bride it's a dwarven boy whose throat just been cut. He's still alive but he's quickly bleeding out.

The Bride was knocked prone.

Lost_Deep
2014-07-30, 06:32 PM
Kaza pulls back the arrow and lets it loose. "I hope you are terribly attached to your unlife; that will make this more satisfying!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

Deathkeeper
2014-07-30, 06:49 PM
"Blast it all." mutters Nore as the Ghoul tosses the dying boy and skitters upon the ceiling.
He can't get at it with this primary means of an attack, so he has to rely on his other weapons. He draws a shuriken from his belt pouch and looses it at the ghoul.
Draw Shuriken (this is a free action in 3.P but I know it's a Move action at most)
Throw at ghoul [roll0] damage:[roll1]

UncleWolf
2014-07-30, 07:05 PM
The Bride drops her scythe when she sees the incoming kid and falls onto her back with a grunt when she's hit, instantly wrapping her arms around him to help cushion the blow. She can feel the life leaving the young boy so she clamps her hand over the wound on his throat and prays to her Goddess not to take the lad yet. As she does she, she looks at the Cleric, trying to lock eyes with her, all but telling her to do something.

Using Lay on Hands on the wounded child

Morty
2014-07-31, 11:08 AM
Michalson reacts quickly, casting a spell to weave a dizzying array of mirrors around the ghoul, in an attempt to disorient it and root it in place.

Rolling Intelligence vs. Will

[roll0]

On hit, target takes -4 to attack and is immobilized. On miss, it is slowed.

Shadowcaller
2014-07-31, 04:32 PM
The Bride can feel divine energy stream from her hand into the wound, somehow reversing the damage that was done, Closing the wound, replenishing the blood. Stopping the young dwarf from taking the step beyond death's door, the realm of the Raven Queen.
The cleric isn't looking at the Bride right now, she's eyes bore down at the escaping ghoul as the party attempts to attack it. Kaza's arrow misses the creature but Nore's shuriken strikes true, but can't stop the creature. The Michalson and the cleric takes action. The wizard encases the creature in mirrors while the dragonborn speaks but one word, holding a silver star into the air. "STOP!"

The ghoul, still surrounded by mirrors, is hit by a sheer sledgehammer of holy energy which slams it into the ground below with such force it probably made cracks in the wooden panels. The ghoul is still "alive" but it looks unable to move and is down for the count.

The ghoul is immobilized and bloodied. It also has -4 to attack.

Madmal
2014-08-01, 11:22 AM
Without much of a comment, Galmeral drives an arrow at the ghoul's head.

Minor action: Target Ghoul as Quarry
Basic Attack: [roll0]
Quarry Damage: [roll2]

Lost_Deep
2014-08-01, 01:08 PM
"Someone beat that thing!" Kaza shouts, "Don't let it get up, don't even give it the chance to try!"

Hold action: Commander's strike
When an ally ends their turn in melee range of ghoul, Kaza will use commander's strike to let that ally use a basic melee attack.

Morty
2014-08-01, 01:53 PM
Michalson lowers his staff and fires a barely-visible dart of ethereal power at the ghoul. Time to turn this thing into a smear quickly.

Casting Unraveling Dart.

Rolling Intelligence vs. Fortitude -2:

[roll0]

[roll1]

If the target has any vulnerabilities, the attack counts as dealing this type of damage. Otherwise, if gets a bonus to damage equal to my Wisdom modifier, which is 3.

Deathkeeper
2014-08-01, 11:03 PM
((is this thing not dead yet?))
Nore goes over to the ghoul and makes to stomp its face off with one of his hooves.
Charge at ghoul
Charge attack: [roll0] [roll1]
Nore will take Kaza's basic attack. I think C's S gives me Kaza's int to my damage?
[roll2]
[roll3]

Shadowcaller
2014-08-02, 10:26 AM
Galmeral misses the Ghoul as it's laying down (prone) which I should have mentioned. But the ghoul won't be saved by one stray arrow as Michalson's magical arrow turn into a burst of holy energy, burning the creatures flesh while Nore finally finishes the creature off with a well-placed stomp in it's head. Turning it's head into a bloody pulp.

The cleric turns back to check on the bride and the dwarf who probably is the boy's mother also forces her way past the still terrified crowd. The mother doesn't say a word she just attempts to gently take the kid from the paladin. He looks fine, just groggy, like he was just getting up from sleep. There are a lot of other dwarves around too looking at the scene. Probably related somehow. Though judging by the bodies inside they might still have lost relatives...

UncleWolf
2014-08-02, 05:17 PM
"he'll be okay, milady." The Bride tells the dwarf mother, passing the child over to her. "i've healed him some but he'll be weak for a bit until he recovers." She says as she gets to her feet, picking up her scythe in the meantime. Afterward she gives a sigh as she looks around the room. "it may be hard, but you need to either sanctify the bodies or remove their heads. if a necromancer gets past us as we clear the lower floors, you don't wish for there to be an army risen from your midst." The Paladin tells everyone present before turning to the cleric. "thank you. we'll head down a floor and try to link up with other survivors. if anyone is down there, we'll send them up after we beat back the invaders. if there aren't any survivors, we'll keep going. wait fifteen minutes and then come on down anyway. you need to be able to escape and staying on the third floor isn't the way out." Finally she sticks out her hand, offering it to the dragonborn. "i am called the bride, servant of The Raven Queen."

Shadowcaller
2014-08-03, 10:14 AM
"Thank you..." The woman mumbles before hugging her child, burying her head in his shoulder as tears start to fall. Despite the fact his life was saved the mood of the rest of the family is far from cheerful. Many others were lost in the attack after all and they, like the rest of the crowd are panicked and desperate. What were they going to do? They look among themselves as the bride speaks and then at the dead bodies. The crowd seems hesitant of that prospect, there don't seem to be any real soldiers here. Everyone that can fight is at the front and civilians have gathered at these safe heavens before moving even further from the front.

The dragonborn turns to the bride and gives her a quick, but firm handshake. "Kartha Silverscale, champion of Bahamut." She then turns to the others. "But we can spend time on pleasantries later. Everyone that can fight should head down first and clear the way. The rest stay here." That seemed good enough right?

Lost_Deep
2014-08-03, 04:11 PM
"Give us the time to rest, and we will be on our way"

If there is nothing else, I believe now is the time for a 5-minute rest.

Deathkeeper
2014-08-03, 04:21 PM
"It sounds fine to me." says Nore with a nod.

Morty
2014-08-03, 05:14 PM
Michalson just shrugs and leans against the wall to catch his breath as well.

Madmal
2014-08-03, 05:18 PM
Galmeral grumbles a bit "Let's just hope another round gets close in the meantime".

UncleWolf
2014-08-03, 06:01 PM
The Bride nods to the cleric. "my group can head down first. we shouldn't send everyone at one time in case there's another ambush." She points out before turning to look around the room at the bodies. The paladin's shoulders fall a bit as her left hand falls to the hilt of her knife. "i'm sorry, but if you have anything you wish to take from your loved ones, do so. i'll handle what i said. in my haste to move on i forgot it was my duty to see over the dead. everyone else should rest and leave the room." If everyone does as she asks and no one objects, she'll go around, checking the bodies for any signs of life as she whispers prayers and removes the heads before finally covering the bodies with their sheets so no one will have to see her gruesome work.

Shadowcaller
2014-08-04, 03:51 AM
"They would want it themselves, be sure of that. If their bodies are raised as the undead their souls won't be able to enter the afterlife." The cleric adds to the bride's speech. This seems to be enough to convince the refugees to start preparing the bodies for what might be needed. Leaving them alone for a while.
Removing the head is not the easiest or cleanest of task however, even if there are axes available. But there won't be time to give them more directions as if they're planning to head down after their rest, they won't have much time at all.
The first thing the group will note that the door to the stairs have been closed this whole time, the zombies must have closed it after themselves for whatever reason. It isn't locked so you can easily head down the staircase to the lower floor.
The first thing you see as you move around the corner is a dark skinned elf dressed up in full wargear staring back at you. She quickly moves around the corner and you can hear her shout. "Enemies on the way!"

As they move around the corner they can see that one path leads into the dining hall and another right down to the ground floor. The dining hall lies in complete darkness however, a darkness which not even the light of the sun rod can penetrate.

Morty
2014-08-04, 03:43 PM
"Damnation. Which way do we go?" Michalson asks. "Gods know what might be lurking in that darkness."

Lost_Deep
2014-08-04, 05:56 PM
"Can you dispel it?" Kaza asks. She takes out her flail and shield, before turning to where the elf stood. "Why would she think-wait." Dark skin... Kaza tries to identify the style of armor and any other distinguishing characteristics, trying to place that soldier's loyalty.

Deathkeeper
2014-08-04, 06:09 PM
"We either go down one path, or one group heads down while the other watches the other." Nore offers.

UncleWolf
2014-08-04, 09:49 PM
When The Bride is finished she says a final prayer, holding her holy symbol up as she does so. When the prayer is over she lets out a deep breath and sets the symbol in the hand of the cleric if she'll take it. "remember two things. to act from the heart, and that there is always hope." She says before leaving to head down the stairs.

"we can't leave the darkness unexplored." The Bride reasons when she sees it. "i don't relish the idea of splitting, but it might be best. "i can head into the dark, but i would like someone else with me. if no one wishes to go, i can go myself as you all move on. we need to act fast after the rest."

Morty
2014-08-05, 08:26 AM
Michalson produces a copper coin from his pocket and casts a magic light ((the Light cantrip)) upon it. He then throws it into the dark area, in an attempt to illuminate it. Maybe a real magic light will be more effective than a sunrod.

Shadowcaller
2014-08-05, 12:07 PM
Michalson throws a coin into the darkness which illuminates the area where other things fail. What they see isn't very reassuring however. A large band of black dressed figures, the drow among them, are waiting for you inside. A giant bearded man in full plate armor is aiming a crossbow in your direction. Next to him is the woman Kaza now recognizes as drow. A mercenary most likely as the drow considers themselves politically neutral in war and never get involved in anything going on outside their mountain kingdoms.
Behind these two is a smaller dwarven-like man with black skin like the dwho seem to cover at the sight of Michalsons light. He is dressed in a black robe and is guarded by two large gnolls adorned with black armor that is adorned with this symbol (http://monstromakes.com/dungeons%20and%20dragons/images/FantasyArt_New/TrapsAndItems_Small/Symbols/OrcusSymbol.jpg). On the floor are many bodies huddled together, most likely refugees though it'a hard to see if they're alive or dead. But judging by the smell coming from the room at least some of them aren't alive anymore.

The drow is a shadowblade, skirmishers that specializes in close quarter combat that blinds enemies that attack them in melee.

Galmeral
Monsters & Cleric
The Bride
Nore & Michalson
Kaza

Battlemap (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/16ngjR-sEhHoFp1KW41RR65FBSHHMjcvOhfylUZUgyVc/edit?usp=sharing)

Madmal
2014-08-05, 10:10 PM
"Robed guy protected. Assume a caster!" Galmeral dashes foward into the room, looses an arrow and slides back below the arch, keeping an eye on the drow.

Move: advance 4 spaces
Minor: Designate Shadowblade as Quarry
Attack Cleric (Nimble Strike power, Dex Vs AC)
[roll0]
Move backwards one space

Shadowcaller
2014-08-06, 09:27 AM
The dwarf get's an arrow somewhere in the absolute darkness that is his robe. But without as much as flinching he resorts by moving to the side so he has a clear sight of the group and then stretching out his hand towards Galmeral. But he was actually aiming for the Bride who suddenly have a ring of pure shadow warped around her neck, chocking her. "Kill them, and deal with that coin." He then orders as he looks busy chocking the paladin.

His underlings don't hesitate and attacks. The big guy fires a crossbow bolt at Michalson which hit's him right on. "You're mine now..."
The gnolls run towards the group, one of them stopping to pick up the coin thrown by Michalson and throwing it back at him. Two others goes in to attack Galmeral with what looks as sacrificial daggers.
But then the cleric responds by rushing forward with her morning star and attempts to attack one of the gnolls with it, but misses. "Damn... toss that coin back in or use your light magic on something else." Kartha says under her breath.
The last thing you see before the light being thrown out are more gnolls cultists mobilizing in the dining hall, coming out from every shadow.

The Bride is being shadow chocked by the cleric, she takes 15 necrotic damage (20 damage, but necrotic resistance) and is immobilized until the end of the clerics next turn.
Michalson is shoot by the big soldier, taking 16 damage and is now marked. All attacks he makes that does not include the big soldier as a target takes -2.
Galmeral takes 14 damage from the gnoll cultists unless he uses an interrupt.

Battlemap (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1hsMe33AlSkvZCThq6TyT916p82c7hcXSejuD9gHVB_U/edit?usp=sharing) (Will change once someone uses light)

UncleWolf
2014-08-06, 10:14 AM
The Bride grimaces and reaches up with her left hand to grab hold of the shadows around her neck, trying to pull them off but obviously unable to. She gives a growl when the darkness falls once more and sweeps her scythe awkwardly with her right hand, sending a flicker of white light to the gnoll in front of the cleric, Marking it before she closes her eyes, hoping that the choker would vanish soon.

Divine Challenge on the gnoll in front of the cleric. It's all she can do.

Morty
2014-08-06, 12:42 PM
Michalson grits his teeth as the enemy attack almost knocks him flat and grips his staff. With a wordless command, it shines bright, the previous light spell cast upon the coin vanishing. When the light reveals more enemies, the wizard smashes his staff into the ground. With an unearthly howl, an illusory chasm opens up among the enemies. Even though it's not real, it still pulls at them and threatens to draw them in. Just as the chasm begins to work its magic, Michalson waves his staff and causes a shower of scintillating lights to barrel into the enemies while they, hopefully, fall.

Minor action to use Light. Move action to use Knack for Success for +2 to hit. Standard action to use Phantom Chasm behind the 'upper' gnoll. Action point to get another standard action and use Beguiling Strands. All attacks are Intelligence vs. Will.

Phantom Chasm rolls:

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]
[roll8] [roll9]

The +2 for Knack for Success cancels out the penalty for not targeting the soldier. On hit, the target falls prone and is immobilized. On miss, it takes half damage and is prone, but not immobilized. The are of effect persists until the encounter as a zone that knocks any enemy which enters it prone.

Beguiling Strands rolls, with +1 for using an action point and Kaza's warlord feature and -2 for attacking enemies other than the soldier:

[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]

Targets which are hit are pushed back 3 squares and take 5 psychic damage.

Shadowcaller
2014-08-06, 02:01 PM
As Michalson's light illuminates the area the group can see how the gnolls and the big warrior fall to the floor with a shriek of terror upon their lips as if they had been falling down a hole and remain laying there, unable to get up. The majority of the gnolls are unlikely to ever get up again. Killed by sheer terror, or perhaps by the imaginary landing.
The dwarf and the last living gnoll are then pushed away by Michalson's magic, the dwarf once again disappearing into the darkness and the gnoll's life being taken by the dark energy the wizard commands.

Michalson illuminated the area with a light spell and then caused three of the gnoll to die, one of them to fall prone and the warrior to take 12 damage, fall prone and become immobilized until the end of Michalson's next turn.
By Michalson's second action the dwarf is pushed into the darkness again and the last visible gnoll's life is taken.

Battlemap (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/16ngjR-sEhHoFp1KW41RR65FBSHHMjcvOhfylUZUgyVc/edit?usp=sharing)

Deathkeeper
2014-08-06, 03:21 PM
Nore's allies prevent him from making a charge, but that does not stop him from heading in to smash some heads. Without a word he calmly pushes through the group, heading straight for the visible foes.
i can't edit the map from my phone; please move Nore four spaces to the right and one down.
Then, Crane's Wing on visible enemy. Dex touch vs. Fort. Plus FoB
[roll0]
[roll1]

Lost_Deep
2014-08-06, 03:33 PM
"Stand firm! We will show them how we deal with darkness! Don't worry about keeping them recognizable! I'm voting for body burning, anyway!"

Inspiring Word on Michalson
Commander's Strike on Nore

Madmal
2014-08-06, 04:28 PM
Galmeral grumbles "Hrmm. A clever use, certainly." Then shoots two times at the warrior, "Your move, wretch."

Move: advance 1 space to the right
Attack warrior (Nimble Strike, Dex Vs AC)
[roll0]

Deathkeeper
2014-08-06, 09:25 PM
Nore smiles at the 'inspiring' words, and makes a quick kick at the enemy.
Basic attack [roll0]
[roll1]

Shadowcaller
2014-08-07, 12:25 PM
Nore and Galmeral attacks the fallen warrior, both of them miss however with two arrows going overhead and a punch going right into the darkness. Nore manages to kick the big the big man in the head. That's ought to hurt. The large warrior is swift to retaliate however and with a blood curling scream he attempts to attack the only person he can reach in his state, Nore. The monk easily dodges the laying down warriors swipe however as well as the bolt of pure shadow emerging from the darkness.

The rest of the enemies seem to be waiting behind the thick shadow barrier, refusing to face you in the light. The cleric raises the holy symbol and utters a word of healing, mending some of the Bride's wounds. Then she moves to attack the warrior as well. "Cursed murderer!" Her morningstar glows with divine magic that strikes the man right in the head. leaving a lasting glow which reveals the weak points of his armor.

Nore and Galmeral both miss the warrior. The attack granted to Nore by Kaza hits the big man however.
Nore is attacked by the cleric and the warrior. Both miss him.
The cleric uses healing word on the Bride, she's regains [roll0] hit points and she may spend a healing surge.
The cleric hits the warrior with her morning star, dealing 18 damage and reveals all his weaknesses until the end of her next turn. All attacks made by allies within three squares of the cleric's until then will be made against the warriors weakest defense.

UncleWolf
2014-08-08, 08:54 AM
The Bride drops to her knees for a moment when the choker around her neck vanishes. Even if she can remove her head it didn't make it any more pleasant to have her throat crushed. The dark black bruising around her throat begins to fade rapidly when the cleric casts her spell and the Paladin gives her a thankful nod before rising to her feet to weave between her allies, ending up at the side of the armored man. As soon as she's beside him, she sweeps her scythe at his legs, the blade fading to immaterial. As it passes through him, blackened spikes shoot up around him, attempting to immobilize the man.

Healed and used a Healing Surge for 17HP, bringing her total HP back up to 40/47

Move Action: Move 5 spaces to her new position.

Standard Action: Hold Fast. (Charisma vs AC)

To Hit: [roll0]

If hit, Target is Immobilized until the end of my next turn.

Deathkeeper
2014-08-08, 01:00 PM
Nore frowns but keeps up the assault, aiming another kick at the foe.
Crane's Wing +FoB
[roll0]
[roll1]

Morty
2014-08-08, 04:58 PM
Michalson moves into the room, raising his staff high to illuminate more enemies. When the light reveals further opponents, he chants a spell to weave a maze of mirrors around them to confound and bind them in place.

Using Maze of Mirrors on the boxed area. Intelligence vs. Will.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

On hit, target is immobilized and takes a -4 to hit until the end of my next turn. On a miss, it is slowed.

Shadowcaller
2014-08-09, 06:53 AM
The Bride's dark tendrils snares in the still prone soldier causing him to scream in pain before Nore swiftly moves in and puts an end to him with a quick bone-cracking kick to the head. The man's body rolls around on the floor and doesn't move ever again.

Then Michalson enters the room, his light illuminating three more gnolls, two which are protecting the dwarven cleric behind them. The wizard causes the illusionary mirrors to appear again but only one of the gnolls is completely fooled by them. The other one even shifts forwards the wizard with an snarl, not able to move very quickly as the mirrors still confuses it.

The Bride and Nore deals enough damage to the warrior to kill him.
Michalson is now no longer marked and moves into the room, revealing three gnolls and the cleric.
Maze of mirrors effects one of the gnolls protecting the cleric, immobilizing it and gives it -4 attack. The other gnoll and the cleric are just slowed until the end of Michalsons next turn.

Lost_Deep
2014-08-09, 10:51 AM
"Push forward! Draw their blood! Let them taste true fear before they die! Let them learn what happens when they push the rest of the world too far!"

Kaza... calm down, girl. You're going to blow something.

Knight's move and then commander's strike on the Bride.

UncleWolf
2014-08-09, 11:02 AM
The Bride smiles softly to herself at Kaza's words and rushes forwards recklessly, skirting past the Gnoll and giving a little spin on her heel as she shifts behind it in order to get to the caster. She attempts to weave past their weapons but doesn't let it keep her from getting to her goal if possible and swings her scythe as best as she can at the caster, hoping to press him and either cause him to make a mistake or die.

Either one would suit The Raven Queen's cause perfectly.

The Bride moves past the top Gnoll to get next to the caster, likely taking Opportunity Attacks from each. If she's able to get to the caster, she uses a Basic Attack.

Attack: [roll0]

Shadowcaller
2014-08-10, 02:28 PM
The Bride moves around the gnolls but can't dodge one of their daggers which buries itself into her shoulder. The pain causes her to miss the cleric who quickly moves away into the darkness once again. "Now!" He yells before casting a shadow curse on the Bride, inciting deep pain.

Then several things happen at once, the drow from before suddenly materializes from the shadows and moves towards the bride with wicked scimitar and a buckler. She doesn't attack however, instead she seem to let the bride get an attack on her... just to activate a cloak of shadows, blinding the revenant and hitting back with her scimitar. Then the gnolls start to shift around the bride, using the revenants blindness to attempt to sneak in a few attacks. One of them hit, but the other two misses.

Seeing the paladin being ganged up on the cleric roars and charges towards the scene, as she reaches them she opens her mouth and let's out a cloud of ice-cold mist that envelops the fighters. Two of the gnolls quickly shift away however, avoiding the blast but the third gnoll collapses with a whine and the drow is also hit. The bride however feels some of her lifeforce returning instead. An feeling that is amplified as Kartha raises the holy symbol of Bahmut and heals the Bride's wounds.

But as she's rushing to aid the paladin a horrible scream can be heard from inside the chamber as two shapes comes leaping from the ceiling at the clerics orders, right over the group and the phantom zone. Both the ghouls land right on Michalson, grabs onto him and starts to carve him up with their daggers.

The shadow caster shifts into the darkness after the bride attacked him. He casts a curse on her, dealing 8 damage (13 damage but 5 necrotic resistance), causes her to grant combat advantage and causes her to take 5 damage every time she triggers an opportunity attack. Save ends both.
The drow then moves towards her, allowing the Bride to attack her with an opportunity attack. The drow uses an immediate interrupt however, causing the Bride to go blind(save ends) and she misses. The drow then attacks dealing 14 damage. The drow can't be seen by the bride as she's blind as is now within the shadows.
Three gnolls attack the bride, dealing 7 damage in total.
Your dragonborn cleric uses dragonbreath. Killing one of the gnolls, dealing 4 damage to the drow and grants the Bride 5 temporary hit points.
She then uses healing word on the Bride, causing her to regain 2 hit points and allows her to spend an healing surge.
Two ghouls jump out of the shadows, over the group and onto Michalson, both attacking him causing 16 damage in total. He is knocked prone and is grabbed by both ghouls. He takes -2 to escape attempts and can't stand up until both ghoul's have let go of him.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/16ngjR-sEhHoFp1KW41RR65FBSHHMjcvOhfylUZUgyVc/edit?usp=sharing)

UncleWolf
2014-08-11, 02:12 PM
The Bride concentrates after being attacked and blinded, focusing entirely on the grip of her weapon, solidifying her stance and listening as best as she can to her surroundings, waiting for the sound of a blade or spell whistling through the air to try and hit her. She couldn't do much, but perhaps it'd be enough for now.

Healing Surge is spent, putting The Bride at 30HP.

Standard Action: Total Defense - +2 to all Defenses
Save vs Blind: [roll0]

Morty
2014-08-11, 04:03 PM
Michalson stifles a scream when he's dragged down. He grits his teeth, invokes a magic shield to protect him from further attacks, and tries to crawl away.

Using Second Wind to regain 9 HP and gain +2 to all defences. Michalson is now at 27 HP. Use Shield to gain +4 to AC and Reflex. Try to escape the grab using Acrobatics.

[roll0]

Madmal
2014-08-11, 06:39 PM
Galmeral's eyes wide as the ghouls reach out. "By Melora, I loathe these things!"

Use Disruptive Strike
Attack Ghoul (Disruptive strike, Dex Vs AC)
[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Madmal
2014-08-11, 07:04 PM
"That's right, hurt, didn't it? as for you..." The Eladrin shoots two arrows at Michalson's grappler.

Minor: Mark grappling ghoul as Quarry
Use Twin strike
Attack the single grappling Ghoul twice (Twin strike, Dex Vs AC)
[roll0]

[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Quarry: [roll4]

Deathkeeper
2014-08-11, 09:12 PM
Nore snorts in derision. "Unhand him you foul curs!"
He says with a roar, aiming a set of kicks to dislodge them from Michalson.
Using Eternal Mountain, hits all enemies in close burst, Dex. vs. Fort. +1 thanks to coordinated Explosion
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
After the first hit, hit the other with +8 damage from Flurry of Blows.
This attack should knock them prone, but I don't know if that would do anything since they're already on top of someone.

Shadowcaller
2014-08-12, 12:13 PM
Galmeral's shoots the ghoul as it jumps which causes it to shift slightly to the right which is enough for it to hit Michalson's shield instead of the wizard himself.
Then Nore swings around, giving one of the Ghoul's a kick in the stomach and the other one in the back, causing them both to fall over. The ghoul still grappling Michalson won't let go however, laying down at the floor with him, still intended to end his life. Michalson's attempt to crawl away proves futile as well, the ghoul keeping him in a death grip.

Michalson & Galmeral's combined efforts causes one of the ghoul's to miss the wizard, making him take 8 less damage and he is no longer grappled by one of the ghoul's. Nore's kick causes the ghoul that missed to get bloodied and make them both fall prone. Michalson fails to escape from the other ghoul however and is still grappled by it.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/16ngjR-sEhHoFp1KW41RR65FBSHHMjcvOhfylUZUgyVc/edit?usp=sharing)

Lost_Deep
2014-08-12, 01:06 PM
Kaza steps up, swinging her morning star at the Ghoul nearest to her. "Give me twenty seconds, caster!" Kaza, did you forget his name?

Step forward
Inspiring word on Michalson
Warlord's Favor: [roll0], [roll1]
On hit: Galmeral gets a +3 bonus to attack rolls against Kaza's target until the end of her next turn.
ACTION POINT: Commander's strike on Nore

Madmal
2014-08-12, 09:48 PM
Galmeral's eyes narrow, as he sends to more arrows at the monster

Use Twin strike
Attack the single grappling Ghoul twice (Twin strike, Dex Vs AC)
[roll0]

[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Quarry:[roll4]

Deathkeeper
2014-08-12, 10:32 PM
Nore makes his Inspired attack granted by Kaza at the still grappling Ghoul, unless it's already dead.
[1d8+8

Shadowcaller
2014-08-13, 12:07 PM
Kaza steps forward and smashes the ghoul so hard with her morning star that she smashes it's head into tiny bloody bits with parts of it skull and brain flying all over the place.
The second ghoul is bombarded by Galmeral's arrows but they fail to actually hit a lethal spot, burying themselves in the ghoul's back and shoulder, causing it to bleed a lot of black blood. But it isn't actually dead and as Nore manages to miss his second strike the ghoul goes into a frenzy.

"YOUR LIFE FOR ORCUS!" It screams while cutting Michalson in the gut.

While the group is distracted by the ghoul's one of the gnoll cultists sneak up to Nore and stabs him in the back with it's dagger. But this is only a taste as Nore can feel like if his throat is being crushed. He loses all air and consciousness, falling to the floor at the very brink of death if not anyone can apply first aid to the minotaur. "Yes! All your lives will be claimed!"

Within the darkness, near the Bride and the cleric, the paladin can now see the drow move again. She attempts to attack it and misses, only for the drow to activate her shadow cloak again. Causing the paladin to go blind. She then gets another attack aimed at her but somehow through sheer luck manages to avoid it. "Hold out!" The Bride can hear as Kartha rushes to her defense. Using the holy symbol the paladin gave to the cleric, she grants the Bride, through the power of the Raven Queen a chance to regain her sight. Then she swings her morning star, seemingly into the darkness and causes two screams. One from the drow and the other from the dwarven shadowcaster.

Kaza crushes one of the ghoul's heads with her morning star, killing it.
Galmeral manages to make the ghoul bloodied but doesn't kill it as Nore misses his attack. The Ghoul then goes into a frenzy dealing 19 damage to Michalson.
The Drow moves close to the Bride and provokes an opportunity attack, the Bride misses however and the drow uses her shadow shield, applying blindness to the paladin. She then attacks, dealing 15 damage to the Bride. Another gnoll attacks her but misses.
Kartha (the cleric) rushes to the Bride's aid and uses The Symbol of Hope to grant the Bride +5 on her next save against blindness. She then swings her morning star wide, dealing 21 damage to the shadowcaster and 22 damage to the drow. In addition they're both dazed and bloodied.
A gnoll shifts up behind Nore and attacks him from behind dealing 7 damage. Then the shadowcaster nearly crushes the minotaurs throat as he chokes him, dealing 26 damage. Nore falls to the floor unconscious and must now make a death save (which is like any other save). At the end of each round he must make a check until someone performs a successful heal check on him. If he fails three of these saves he will be dead. If he rolls 20 on a save he will automatically stabilize.

UncleWolf
2014-08-13, 01:12 PM
The Bride curses her own foolishness when she provokes the blindness again, but curses even more when she senses Nore's life begin slipping away. Without thought towards her own safety she heads off to where she senses Nore to be, feeling energy ripping her apart as she does so. She ignores the gnoll she passes and slides to her knees near the Minotaur to slam her hand onto his chest, searching for the threads of his life and stitching them back together with a prayer to the goddess of death. Finally, despite her ragged state, she lifts a hand, sending a flicker of light at the Gnoll, Marking it with her Divine Challenge.

Move Action: Move to Nore
Minor: Lay on Hands. Nore can heal as if he spent a healing surge.
Minor: Divine Challenge

Notes: Bride takes 5 damage for passing the gnoll.

Saves:
Blindness: [roll0]
Opportunity Damage: [roll1]

Morty
2014-08-13, 06:56 PM
From his rather uncomfortable position on the floor, Michalson raises his staff to block the ghoul's frenzied attacks. He then fires a pair of grey, wispy darts, one at the ghoul and another at the gnoll.

Using Unraveling Dart, targeting the ghoul and the gnoll. Intelligence vs. Fortitude.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

The damage becomes the type the target is vulnerable to; if it has no vulnerabilities, it instead gets +3 from my Wisdom.

Deathkeeper
2014-08-13, 07:24 PM
"Orcus can kiss my furry bovine ass!" Nore roars, blood in his eyes as he rises slightly from The Bride's magic. Pivoting his body, Nore slams his hands to the floor and rises into a hand-stand, spinning rapidly and slamming his hooves into the foes around him in a flurry of kicks.
-not actually rising from prone, taking -2 to the attacks because I'm fairly sure that's the penalty and no one has told me otherwise when I asked.
Using Five Storms on surrounding enemies, Dex vs. reflex. Ghoul is first, gnoll is second
[roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
Flurry of Blows +6 Damage to Gnoll

IF they're not dead, Using an action point.
If they're both STILL alive, using FS again
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

If only the gnoll is alive, using Crane's wings instead, Dex vs. fort
[roll8] [1d10+5

Shadowcaller
2014-08-13, 08:01 PM
The Bride blindly moves away from the attackers, taking a huge risk by turning her back on them. Thankfully the drow and the shadowcaster are still dazed from Kartha's attack and the gnoll misses again by sheer chance. She still fells the curse biting into her however but it's a pain that soon is eased as she heals Nore, she seem to heal herself as well. Returning both sight and breaking the shadow curse.
Nore feels life rushing back into him at the Bride's touch and as he opens his eyes he can see Michalson barely managing to block the ghoul's attack with his magical staff, sparing the wizard from being stabbed in the gut. Then he unleashes two darts, one at the ghoul, which it unfortunately deflects and one at the gnoll, flying right over Nore and hitting the cultist right in-between the eyes. Killing it.
The minotaur quickly takes action and spins his hooves around, hitting the ghoul right in the head and causes it to slam head first into the wall in front of it. Leaving a big chunk of it's brain at it.

The Bride moves away from the fight and takes 15 damage as she provokes an opportunity attack from the gnoll in the darkness that still misses. She uses lay on hands on Nore who regains hit points as if he had spent a healing surge. The minotaur then raises up and kills the ghoul who was grappling Michalson. The wizard have managed to block the creatures attack and thus take 19 less damage. The wizard then kills the gnoll behind Nore.

Lost_Deep
2014-08-13, 09:25 PM
Kaza looks around. Her mind spins, figuring what to do next.

"Healer! Tend to these wounds! Where is the kitchen?" Kaza looks for a kitchen, and if she sees one nearby or is directed to one nearby (Connected to this room) she will run (Full-out run) toward it.

Madmal
2014-08-14, 01:01 PM
Galmeral is temporarily struck dumbfounded by the elf "Wha-, a kitchen? I- no, foolish." He shooks his head and bends over, reaching for and unraveling his torch. "The unnatural darkness must go." He tosses his everburning torch towards the priest and the screams heard.

Shadowcaller
2014-08-14, 04:41 PM
This is where mess hall, people usually eat here but the food isn't usually prepared at these tables. It's prepared in the cellar, near the catacombs where it's also stored. There is however a large cauldron in the very middle of the room that's for soup with some firewood underneath it. Just what in the kitchen does Kaza want to get? Nevertheless, Galmeral's torch reveals three figures near the cleric.

The shadowcasting dwarf is looking right at Nore, his eyes reflecting the torch's light. "Can he now? Just DIE!" He gestures towards Nore, the minotaur feeling the familiar sensation of being choked...

Then Kartha slams her morning star in his face so hard that his skull collapses in.

As his headless body falls to the ground the unnatural darkness seem to be retreat into the shadowcasters body, only to be spit out again, right into the dragonborn's face. "Gah!"

The drow whose still dazed just retreats back, seemingly realizing that she just lost. The gnoll on her side doesn't seem to have that sense and rushes towards the blinded cleric. "MASTER! NOOO!" The gnoll speaks as it stabs Kartha with it's dagger.

Galmeral revealed the drow, the shadowcaster and one more gnoll. The shadowcaster then attempted to use the shadow choke ability on Nore again but was stopped by an opportunity attack from Kartha that critted, dealing 20 damage (he had 4 life left). In death he still caused blindness to Kartah. Kartha took full defense action but as she was blinded but still got hit by the last gnoll. She managed to save against blindness at the end of her turn however so she can once again see.
The gnoll hits Kartha with it's dagger, dealing 7 damage.
The drow, still dazed just retreated. She looks willing to give up.
The area is now fully lit by any source of light as with the death of the shadowspeaker, the unnatural darkness is gone.

UncleWolf
2014-08-14, 07:22 PM
The Bride breathes a sigh of relief as Nore is able to move again and stands up on her own when the light comes back. She's looking worse for wear with chunks of flesh flayed from her body and teeth showing through one of her cheeks where it's been torn away. If she was a living creature she'd probably be in a lot of agony at the moment, but all that it shows for her is a little stiffness. After a quick look around the room she shifts her Scythe to her right hand and draws a dagger with her left before lunging forward a step and casting the weapon at the gnoll.

If the gnoll survives, she flicks her hand at it, Marking the creature wordlessly.

Move Action: Draw Dagger
Standard Action: Basic Ranged Attack Dex vs AC

[roll1]

Minor: If Gnoll is still alive, Divine Challenge on it.

Since the gnoll drops, The Bride takes a deep breath and gestures at the body, pulling strands of dark energy from it and sending them towards Nore, causing them to settle deep into his body to reinvigorate it.

(Raven Queen's Blessing as a Free Action. Spend a Healing Surge.)

Morty
2014-08-15, 09:36 AM
Michalson gets up to his feet and sends his magic dart at the remaining enemy, the drow.

Use Unravelling Dart on the drow. Intelligence vs. Will.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Deathkeeper
2014-08-15, 11:51 PM
Nore was a bit unsteady on his feet, but he still tries to go on the offensive, heading past the cleric and towards the drow with another blade in his hand.
-In 3.P, you are allowed to move and draw a weapon at the same time. I don't know if you can in this game. If you can't, more simply draws the shuriken after moving. I think they aren't drawn as ammo like in 3.P
Nore moves six squares to the right, throws shuriken
[roll0]
[roll1]

Shadowcaller
2014-08-17, 04:20 PM
The drow attempts to make as much distance between herself as the group as possible but she can't protect herself from ranged attacks. Both Michalson's dart and Nore's shuriken hits her, knocking the black-skinned elf out for good.
It looks like she was the last enemy, all that's left are bodies, but not only of the enemy, there at several dozen's of dead refugees laying on the floor, men, women and children. All killed in their sleep. It appears as if the bodies have been prepared for some sort of ritual with strange marks carved into their skin.
Kartha falls down on her knees as she can fully take in the scene. "So... so many dead..." She looks down at the floor.

COMBAT HAS NOW ENDED, we are no longer using initiative turn order so feel free to post when you can.

UncleWolf
2014-08-17, 07:06 PM
The Bride frowns when the Drow is cut down and she curses audibly as she rushes over. "she could have been useful!" She says angrily, chastising Michalson and Nore as she checks the damage they've dealt. "mercenaries can be bargained with for information which we desperately need." As she does her best, The Bride takes a look around, frowning at the sight of the ritual. "check under the tables, in the other room, wherever a person might hide. there could be survivors anywhere."

Heal: [roll0]
Religion for the ritual[roll1]

Morty
2014-08-18, 10:48 AM
"Tactical consideration become less pressing after you've been pressed into the dirt by ghouls," Michalson says, crankily. Nonetheless, he does venture into the other room to check for more carnage. He doubts they'll find any survivors.

Lost_Deep
2014-08-18, 11:31 AM
"Yes, we could have questioned her and she could have lied like a rug. She could have told the truth, but she could have lied like a rug." Kaza will similarly search, but not drop her guard. That last encounter left her feeling foul. If it turns out there's another thing around here with intent to kill, Kaza wants to kill it first.

Deathkeeper
2014-08-18, 09:22 PM
"Yes, forgive me. The blood in my eyes was making it hard to make tactical observations of the battlefield and its occupants." says Nore with a grumpy snort, taking a moment to rest against a wall. Hoo, boy, does his...everything hurt.

Shadowcaller
2014-08-19, 10:22 AM
The Bride's quick acting seem to have saved the life of the drow who as far as she can tell, is stable for now. She might even regain consciousness in a bit. The other bodies won't regain consciousness however, the cultists were quite through with their death dealing. But nor will they raise from the dead, whatever ritual they were planning it seems they never got through with it. The still warm bodies just lay there as if they had still been sleeping, some clutching to anyone another in death's embrace.

The dragonborn grunts, looking up at the group. "There are still souls to save, we cannot dwell on petty arguments. Grab anything valuable and let's move on. We have to break through." She mutters a prayer to Bahamut and turns to leave the dining hall. Not looking down at the bodies.

Michalson, opening the door to the study will find it deserted but still intact. While someone clearly have been rummaging around, turned chairs over and pulled out all drawers of the drawer has been pulled out and their contents (clothes) are laying all over the floor, the locks on both desks are still unbroken.

It appears the cultists were trying to make a "Zombie Hulk" of the many bodies judging by the ritual preparations. That is quite advanced necromancy, not anything any apprentice would have access to.

UncleWolf
2014-08-19, 11:11 AM
"we can't leave just yet." The Bride says, sighing and standing as she looks at the bodies. "they were planning on raising these bodies as a singular undead entity. that's...powerful. the ritual may not have been completed, but in case the worst happens, we can't just leave the bodies like this for someone else to complete." She says, bending down to retrieve her dagger from the gnoll's body. "if people can keep an eye out, I can make it harder."

If anyone listens to her, she'll take the time to use her dagger to cut an X over several marks on each of the bodies, ruining the symbols and hopefully any future attempt at the ritual. She doesn't look happy while doing it, but it's necessary. If she's able to complete that, she'll completely remove the heads of the ghouls that attacked Michalson.

Lost_Deep
2014-08-19, 03:01 PM
"That... is distressing," Kaza states. She ponders for a moment. Mercenaries, advanced zombies and ghouls, Orcus cult... are there any notable people she's heard about whose MO this fits? She might not be the best with undead generals, but she does try to keep up with the violent, nation-changing sorts of current events.

Knowledge History: [roll0]

Morty
2014-08-19, 04:56 PM
Michalson looks back into the larger room and says loudly:

"Does anyone know what was in here? Seems someone went through this room, looking for something."

Shadowcaller
2014-08-20, 05:17 PM
Kartha looks back in as she hears Michalson's voice. "Beats me, probably a study? Just take whatever can be useful, rest a bit, and then go." The dragonborn insists once again. She seems to be hesitant helping the bride however and doesn't take any action to help her yet.

Kaza can't recall anything specific about Orcus generals. They're often used as shock troops however, taking over key positions before the main army moves in.

Morty
2014-08-21, 08:49 AM
"There are two locked drawers here, and someone went through this room. Can we open them somehow? I can do it with magic, but it would take too long," Michalson says.

UncleWolf
2014-08-21, 08:55 AM
"the minotaur could probably break them, but remember, this is a temple of Pelor, not a dragon's lair. to take what's within could very well mean blasphemy." The Bride points out as she continues with the marking. When she gets to the corpses of the enemies, she won't mark them, but she'll search them for anything of use, be it gold, weapons, implements, anything.

Lost_Deep
2014-08-21, 09:02 AM
"There is a large chance that the bulk of the enemy forces have yet to arrive. Groups like this are generally used as vanguard units, securing key positions before the main force arrives. Thus, on one hand, we should hurry and get out of here. On the other, anything we do not take or render unusable, the enemy will doubtlessly use."

Kaza will lean up against a wall, thinking hard.

"Or perhaps destroy. Are there any notable artifacts or blessed items at this location?"

Deathkeeper
2014-08-21, 10:18 AM
Nore stands up, smiling weakly through the blood loss. He removes a small wooden symbol of Pelor from a pocket.
"I'm sure that He would prefer whatever is here to stay in the hands of one of His followers than in the hands of the undead." he says.

Madmal
2014-08-21, 11:11 AM
Galmeral quietly wanders around the main area, keeping an eye on the entrances. "Mercenaries may be bought, and there are always other methods.." He eyes the rest of the party for bit "...but, well, distasteful. I say anything important-looking should be taken away, and If it looks too important to still be here, put in into scrutiny."

Morty
2014-08-21, 11:36 AM
"Yeah, well, Pelor can take it up with me if he wants," Michalson says with a shrug.

Shadowcaller
2014-08-21, 02:16 PM
"The gods help those who help themselves." Kartha says. "If there are useful things in those drawers, you might as well see them granted by Pelor himself."

Then all of sudden the drow prisoner seem to come back to life, her eyelids fluttering open. She doesn't say anything though, just looking at the group in silence as if she is planning something.
Kartha looks at Galmeral with a frown. "Try testing the first method before you start out suggesting torturing people." She states with distaste. "And if you're trying to suggest something like that, just say it out loud rather than try to hide it behind prettied up words."

UncleWolf
2014-08-21, 06:09 PM
"i won't allow any torture. you'll need to kill me first if you want to try that." The Bride says, reaching down at her hip to pull a pouch from it, tossing it to the Drow's lap,causing a clatter of coins before crouching near her. "134 pieces, most of the gear of your fallen allies, and your life. that's what i'm offering for information and for you to go on your way in peace with whatever friends you have remaining in the area. i may not condone torture, but my comrades might just snap your neck if you say no and i won't do a damn thing to stop them since it'll be quick and painless, understand?"

Shadowcaller
2014-08-22, 06:16 AM
The drow tries to make herself as comfortable in her laying position as possible, her anguished expression revealing just how painful it's for her to even move this much. But then she musters a smile in response once the revenant has finished speaking. "Quick and painless, I like the sound of that. Certainly beats what happens when you get on the wrong side of these cultists and I don't think any of your measly torture will measure up to that." She looks at Galmeral before gazing back at the paladin once again. "I like to keep my weapon and be healed back to full health first so I have some guarantee from you just stabbing me in the gut when you got everything you want from me."

Deathkeeper
2014-08-22, 08:51 PM
Nore snorts.
"If we had full capability to heal I wouldn't still be bleeding. Don't try your luck, elf." he says irritably.

Morty
2014-08-24, 11:38 AM
"Let's make a compromise - we'll heal you halfway, so you don't collapse. We're a bit strapped on healing magic ourselves," Michalson says.

UncleWolf
2014-08-24, 12:15 PM
"unfortunately, my comrades are right. we've already had to expend quite a bit just to reach here." The Bride admits. "but if i had any intention of killing you, i'd not have spent precious time keeping you alive. perhaps we can't heal you completely, but maybe i can soothe your worries another way." The Revenant reaches up to her neck,carefully unwrapping one of the long ribbons of lacy white cloth she keeps there to hold her head in place. It's obviously expensive and delicate cloth and how she kept it clean is a mystery. The Bride looks it over for a few seconds before pulling off one of her gauntlets, revealing a pale tan-green soft-scaled hand. It's not a dragon's scales like the cleric's, instead like a bird's legs. Her knife comes out once more after she sets the gauntlet down and after a quick flick of the knife, a gash opens up in her palm before the knife is set away once more. The ribbon is then gently placed on the wound, allowing some of the blackened blood to soak in. "perhaps you don't know what i am, or what i represent, but perhaps you do and simply don't care. i do care though." she starts to explain as she removes the ribbon and begins tying it around one of the Drow's wounds. It's a rather unhygienic idea as it means her blood will get into the wound, but with the care that The Bride is putting into the process, perhaps that's the point.

"i am the bride of The Raven Queen, created by her to send her enemies to true rest, to aid those who would otherwise be prematurely taken, and to act as her will in this world. as such, i have authority over life and death itself. " she says, setting her hand on the bandaged wound and applying slight pressure. "as marked by my blood intermingling with yours, i proclaim that you are not ready to move on just yet. your death with not be at my hands nor the hands of my allies should you not give cause. if they move against you with unjust intentions, i swear they will be forced to destroy me first."

To others, the entire process might seem silly, but when many of her horrible looking wounds begin to close, sealing as pale white light caresses them, the seriousness of her vow may start to settle in.

Diplo check(to try and get the drow to be friendlier): [roll0]

2 healing surges, bringing her up to 32/47HP

Madmal
2014-08-25, 11:51 AM
Galmeral returns the look and chuckles. "It's always the same; try to be courteous, you get told to speak openly. Speak openly, you get a horrified look here. Well, at least it's better that singed eyebrows." He bends down to pick up his torch, wincing a bit over his own wounds. "Well, he caught on my bluff anyway. Nothing else I can do other that keep watch, I think."

Shadowcaller
2014-08-25, 05:32 PM
The drow raises both eyebrows as the Bride starts to unwrap the ribbons and she continues giving her a incredulous look as the revenant continues her work. She winches in pain as the makeshift bandage touches her wound, grinding her teeth against one another in agony. Once the paladin finishes her speech she looks back in her eyes. "You're just as crazy as the cultist... Which is why I'm actually going to take your word it." Mad religious people were just crazy enough to keep their words like no rational person would ever do. "So what do you want to know?"

The cleric watches the whole process with keen interest, not taking her eyes off the Bride.

Morty
2014-08-26, 03:44 PM
"Start from the beginning," Michalson says. "Who hired you and what do they want? How many more of them are there?"

UncleWolf
2014-08-26, 05:41 PM
The Bride looks up at the cleric and gives a small nod. "if you could, as we agreed." She asks in regards to the healing. "if i could do the healing myself, i would, but i fear i have drained those powers for the day." The Paladin admits before turning back to the drow. "we would also like to know how you got here. i assume the ghouls crawled up the cliffs and took out the guards so the rest could come through normally?"

Shadowcaller
2014-08-28, 05:13 AM
"The Alcers hired me, why? So they could march their army in here unopposed and you can't fight an army. All you can do is flee and there is still dozens of cultists between you and the exit. All the clergy is already dead, as you said, the ghoul's sneaked in and took out the sentries. The rest were killed in their sleep, they didn't manage to put up any organized defense before the Orcus guys had killed them all. The rest was child's play... until you showed up that is." The drow explains as she looks between Michalson and the Bride. "While the cultists don't seem to be much of a match for you, their high priestess is down there with dozens of undead and a hulk at her command. You never get past."

The cleric slowly steps into the room and takes a second, long look at the drow. "Give me a moment to catch my bearings and I will see what I can do. Why don't the rest of you make yourself useful instead of just standing around? We only need one interrogating this one."

As far as you can tell, she's telling the truth.

UncleWolf
2014-08-29, 08:32 AM
The Bride makes no effort to move away. After all, she was the one who had convinced the Drow to talk. "whether we make it or not is for the gods to decide." She says, still sounding sure that they'd make it out. She's silent for a moment more, taking in all the information and trying to remember a few things.

To see if she knows whether or not the undead the priestess summons will die if she does
[roll0]

"there's only a few more questions." She says even if she doesn't recall the knowledge. "has the town below already been attacked or were we the first target to make sure it was defenseless?" She asks before looking back at the bodies. "also, do you have any attachment to the caster or the armored man and do you know their names? more importantly, did the priestess?"

Deathkeeper
2014-08-29, 01:44 PM
Nore raises his hand weakly.
"Uh, I'd love to, but I still have a few bleeding holes, ma'am. I'd very much like those to be taken care of a bit before I go walking around."
But his voice carries a tone of tease, and he stands up regardless to check the halls outside the room to make sure they're still clear. He already looks better.

Shadowcaller
2014-08-30, 09:10 AM
"I don't know about the town. They came here to raise the dead within the tombs after they managed to defile the temple. Either way, it's doomed anyway once the army arrives. Still, I'd rather be at mercy at the army than the cultists." The drow first explains as the cleric holds out her hand which miraculously appear to close some of her wounds and mend her bones.
She then glances at Nore as he complains. "I'm aware, but I'm low on resources here. If I heal you know I need to rest again." And now she had wasted her healing energies on someone who probably was gonna betray them. What a waste.

At the Bride's second question the drow sticks out her tongue while slowly getting up under the watching gaze of the cleric who already have her warhammer ready in case the drow got ideas. "The big human's name was Fulgon. He was a fellow mercenary, the other one was Demnar. A duergar cultist. Why, you gonna eat them?"

Most minions, but not all, are known to die when their master die. The exceptions are more intelligent undead such as ghouls and more advanced zombies.

Morty
2014-08-31, 11:08 AM
"I can guess what you're thinking, but it doesn't look like she would particularly care that we killed them," Michalson says.

UncleWolf
2014-09-02, 12:20 PM
"perhaps not, but there's always a chance. and even if not, it draws attention to me." The Bride says to Michalson before looking back at the Drow, getting to her feet as well. "and no, not eat. simply a beheading and then throwing the head at the priestess." She says, giving a cruel smile. "you can watch if you like as one way or another it'd be quite the show." She adds before looking at her comrades, the smile falling as she heads over to the dwarf's body, intent on cutting off the head. "once i distract her or anger her sufficiently, perhaps even to the point of getting that hulk sent my way, the rest of you ought to target the priestess herself. once she dies, most of the undead should as well." She informs them. "if i fall, don't stop and don't slow down. press on and kill her. hesitate and everyone we've saved will perish."

I spend another healing surge, getting her up to 43/47 HP

Deathkeeper
2014-09-02, 06:34 PM
Nore ducks back in after a brief moment in the hall.
"The coast is still clear for now. What's our next move, everyone? We should likely make preparations if your plan is to get them as angry as possible. Shall we go now or is there anything left to do?" he inquires.

Morty
2014-09-03, 02:12 PM
"We should check what's in this desk, then go," Michalson says, pointing to the piece of furniture in question.

Madmal
2014-09-03, 08:26 PM
Galmeral taps his foot "We need to move. I haven't heard anything from above or below, and it's bloody unnatural."

Shadowcaller
2014-09-04, 01:23 PM
"I'm staying up here. Too wounded to fight." The drow is quick excuses herself as soon as she hears that suggestion, rubbing the wound Michalson gave her with his unraveling dart for empathize that still haven't closed yet.
The cleric scoffs but makes to attempt to convince her otherwise. "The eladrin is right, I don't like this. Too quiet." The only you can hear is the sound of rain outside.

"They're probably desecrating the temple right now. But they heard you no doubt. But hey, if fighting your way out doesn't work you can always try to join 'em. The Alcer's accept people from all wakes of life..." The drow comments as she lays there leaning against one of the food tables.

Deathkeeper
2014-09-04, 04:42 PM
"Oh, for heaven's sake. " grumps the minotaur, who personally is fairly sure that there are people here with some muscle besides him. He goes over to the mage and after a moment's inspection of the drawer in question, attempts to simply wrench it open.
Str check in OOC

UncleWolf
2014-09-07, 12:55 PM
"they might accept others, but never me. nor would i ever surrender." The Bride promises as she ties the dwarf's beard to her scythe. "keep the gold i gave you as payment for the information, your secrecy on this matter, and your neutrality. perhaps you can spend some of it once this is all over to buy us all drinks." She adds with a wry smile before moving around the bodies in order to pick up the rest of the daggers laying around. "a drink sounds really good right now." She admits.

Shadowcaller
2014-09-07, 08:43 PM
Nore manages, with exact precision, to force the drawer open with minimal damage to what's inside. What he find is besides two books of theology and paperwork are six potions containing a white liquid wrapped in a flag with strange markings woven into the fabric. He can clearly identify the symbol of Pelor in the very center of it however.

"I'd truly love to." The drow says with a smirk as she dusts herself off, the cleric keeping an eye on her every move, or perhaps she just don't want to look directly at the severed head.
"We're done then? I'd still like that one in chains. Not trusting her watching or backs, or being behind us at all." She states as her gaze goes sweeps over the drow before she turns towards the exit again, starting to move towards the stairs.

Morty
2014-09-09, 06:51 AM
"Good news, everyone," Michalson says. "Those are healing potions. Everyone grab one, we're going to need them. There's also a magic flag here that should help us." He'll retrieve the items from the desk, and hand everyone one potion.

UncleWolf
2014-09-09, 11:12 AM
"be that as it may, we can't afford to constantly look at our backs or worry about her. she's a mercenary, yes, but at this point we really don't have time for distrust." The Bride tells the cleric with a small smile. "there are far worse things to worry about ahead of us without having to look behind." She explains before gratefully accepting the potion. "i believe we are ready to go."

Deathkeeper
2014-09-10, 09:54 PM
Nore takes the potion but can't help but to ask, "What exactly does the flag do?"
He pockets one of the books, just for the sake of history. He hasn't read much in ages.

Shadowcaller
2014-09-11, 03:51 PM
The mercenary just quietly observes the groups exchanges from the corner of the room, saying nothing. Your cleric is far more eager to move however. "The monk should take my share of the potions as well as the banner, this is clearly what Pelor meant for him to find." She states , gesturing at the items.

Morty
2014-09-14, 02:36 PM
"It seems that the flag has a mild enchantment on it that will help us fight. Every bit helps," Michalson says. "The potions will only work if we're in dire straits, though. Let's get moving."

Madmal
2014-09-14, 10:22 PM
Galmeral approaches and picks a potion. "A sound idea. Now, which way?"

UncleWolf
2014-09-15, 09:10 PM
The Bride nods and turns around to look at the Drow, offering her hand. "no matter the outcome, we shall eventually meet again." She promises before nodding to the rest, clearly ready to move on. Like usual, she'll keep to the front of the group.

Deathkeeper
2014-09-16, 05:07 PM
Nore looks surprised, but does not argue.
"Very well. I'd be honored to carry it. Let's be off, then." he says after collecting the items, moving in front with the Bride.

Shadowcaller
2014-09-19, 06:01 PM
"Right. Preferably not too soon though." The drow replies, just giving the Bride's hand a little slap, as if giving her a give-me-five before stepping back, allowing the group to descend down the stairs without her.

With the Bride taking the lead and your new cleric close behind the group descends down the stairs, the paladin can already notice the stench of death reeking from the hall below. They can see light at the end of the stairs, suggesting that it's not as dark as your previous encounter. As the Bride descends the last steps she finally can see the great hall, larger than any room you've been in before with two rows of mighty pillars supporting it. With light coming from the very corners from the room, the shadows the pillars cast are palpable, crisscrossing the room with stripes of light and shadow. Here in the very middle, between the pillar rows sits an huge statue of the dragon queen Tiamat locked in a fight with the sun-god Pelor dressed in a complete full plate.

You can barely see the statue however as a giant figure stands in the threshold where two of the pillar shadows meet, casting a huge shadow of it's own. Smaller figures stand nearby all watching you intently. You can make out two figures standing in the light however, just by the statue. A gnoll with a large bow not it's size and a woman pale as the Bride herself wrapped in black bandages and amulets hanging from her arms and neck. She's on her knees in prayer before the statue, a pale green light that cast no shadows of it's own surrounding her, being the only one in the room that doesn't seem to notice your presence.

You can waste no time however as arrows starts flying from every corner of the room at the gnolls orders. "KILL!"

Please roll Initiative in the OOC thread.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1yDg2XEE5FABzM4qRXHFA8QXyUOMZu1aI6X3uO3GjeiI/edit?usp=sharing)

Madmal
2014-09-22, 12:59 PM
"Well. Fancy that." Galmeral says dryly. "If you excuse me, I have to do something close to stupidity." He takes a deep breath and dashes across the big guy, keeping near the closest column at the right and sliding behind it, keeping an eye on the woman. Some seconds later, and arrow is shot from behind the column.

Move action: 3 across-right, 1 forward, 1 across-right, 1 right.
Minor Action: Hunter's quarry on the woman
Use Power: Hunter's Bear Trap (Dex vs. AC)
Attack:
Quarry bonus: [roll]1d
"Target is slowed and takes ongoing 5 damage (save ends both)."

UncleWolf
2014-09-23, 05:09 PM
The Bride gives the large room a quick glance before taking in a deep breath and letting it out. She doesn't feel frightened by the many enemies, nor is she bothered by the body hulk before her. Instead she simply felt...numb, ready to get it over with. They would either succeed or fail here, but either way she'd likely see her Mistress before the night was through. Her undead body, though healed, is tired and worn out. It wouldn't take much for her to fall to pieces literally. "if that is what my lady wishes, so be it." She says quietly to herself before letting any leftover stress leave her and accepting the exhilaration of potential oblivion within her. "do whatever you must and kill the priestess, my comrades. do that and those that are unliving and cursed will be released from their bonds. i will hold the abomination here." She tells everyone before taking up her scythe in both hands and running forward.

"FOR THE RAVEN QUEEN!!" She shouts, divine fury giving her power as she charges, heedless of the risk in order to attempt to land a series of blows.

Ardent Strike on Charge
Attack: [roll0] Charisma vs AC
Subject to Divine Sanction on Hit.

Action Point Spent for extra attack

Hold Fast
Attack: [roll2] Charisma vs AC
Damage: [roll3]
Target is Immobilized

Shadowcaller
2014-09-30, 07:01 PM
The arrow strikes the woman right in the back and she topples forward. She goes oddly quiet for a moment, staring down in the ground.

This reaction seem to cause her gnoll companion to panic and it points at the elederain and the figures standing among the pillars charge screaming towards him. It's a blur of movements as Galmeral finds himself fighting off two gnoll cultists. Having to retreat back as one of them manages to make a deep cut in his shoulder. But even as he starts moving the gnoll holds up it's bow and releases an arrow before Galmeral has a chance to hide behind the pillar. He's hit in the chest and then again in the back and the side by two skeletal archers standing up top of the stairs.

He says for a moment before falling to the floor bleeding. "Anyone else dare to harm the mistress?!" The gnoll leader shouts to the rest of the party as the ranger falls. But now the woman suddenly straightens herself up again and without even looking she gesture at the Bride she mumbles something. "Don't disturb..." A ray of pure unlife manifests and hits the step next to the paladin. She then seem to go back to praying. It's clear she's injured however.

"I do and by Bahamuth I will cleanse those who harm those who can't protect themselves from this sacred place!" Karath shouts as she joins the Bride's charges and slams her morning star right into the chest of the hulk. As it connects a burst of pure light fills the room and for a moment burns away every shadow and sears the flesh of the groaning hulk. She isn't done yet however as a golden shield manifests around her and the group. Shielding the bride from the hulks massive fists as it flails around in pain.

But more of the fanatic gnolls starts to swarm at their position however, one of them managing to get in a hit on the Bride as she's dodging the hulks attacks. Three more arrows are fired against Kartha and the bride but they all miss.

Adversaries
Two gnoll cultists charges Galmeral, one hits dealing 7 damage. Galmera's uses Fox's Cunning to shift away from the other one, but misses his attack. A skeleton archer hits him for 8 damage and another one for 6 damage. Then the gnoll leader hits him for 11 damage, causing him to fall unconscious. He must now make a death save.
The Bride misses both her attacks but the Hulk misses her as well. One of the gnoll cultists get's in a hit on her however, dealing 7 damage.
The rest of the skeleton archers all miss.

The Group
Galmeral hits the Cleric of Orcus dealing a total of 12 damage and causes her to become slowed and take 5 damage at the end of her turn. She makes her save however.
Kartha deals 28 damage to the Zombie Hulk and causes it to become immobilized until the end of her next turn.
Kartha uses Shield of Faith, everyone in the party now has +2 AC for the rest of this encounter.

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1yDg2XEE5FABzM4qRXHFA8QXyUOMZu1aI6X3uO3GjeiI/edit?usp=sharing).

Deathkeeper
2014-09-30, 07:16 PM
Nore snorts and stomps a foot.
"I've had just about enough of all of this for one day." he says, and takes two long strides forward, straight towards the enormous undead, until abruptly veering to the right and swinging out his leg into a spinning kick.
Nore moves two spaces up (North)
Attacks Zombie hulk with Drunken Monkey. Melee touch, Dex vs. Will
[roll0] Damage: [roll1]

If successful, enemy slides one square diagonal up-right and makes an attack at adjacent enemy, with +2 to the attack roll.

also add 6 damage from Flurry of Blows

Morty
2014-10-01, 08:42 AM
Michalson steps forward, swinging his staff in a wide arc, in an attempt to get the gnolls off his fallen ally. He manages to catch the big zombie in the effect as well.

Using Beguiling Strands in the designated area. Intelligence vs. Will, 4 damage on hit. Targets will be pushed 3 squares if hit.

[roll0] - Big Zombie
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

UncleWolf
2014-10-01, 09:13 AM
The Bride ignores the blast of unlife next to her and nods when the wizard's spell drags the hulking abomination backwards, giving her the opening she needs. First things first however...

As she begins her charge, she flicks her scythe to the side, drawing the life force out of the body of the freshly killed gnoll and sending it to her fallen comrade. The ranger will feel life flowing through him once more as The Raven Queen turns an eye towards him for a mere moment, offering the chance for life once more should he take it.

Once that is finished, The Bride closes with the Hulk, ignoring the gnoll at her back as she screams and swings her glowing blade once and then twice.

Free Action: Raven Queen's Blessing (Encounter)
Effect: Galmeral can spend a Healing Surge

Standard Action: Ardent Strike
Attack: [roll0] Charisma vs AC
Effect: Hulk is subject to Divine Sanction if Hit

Action Point Spent

Standard Action: Valorous Smite
Attack: [roll2] Charisma vs AC
Damage: [roll3]
Effect: All Enemies within 3 squares of the target are subject to Divine Sanction

Madmal
2014-10-03, 08:07 PM
Galmeral steadily gets himself up, picking the potion and drinking it. "Huh. Not yet it seems..."

Spend a Healing Surge to recover 10 Hp
Use a Healing potion:
[roll0]