PDA

View Full Version : [PHB II] Combat Form Feats

Shisumo
2007-02-28, 09:05 PM
I was looking over the Combat Form feats on pages 86-88 pf the PHB II, and while I'm not blown away by them, they seemed like an interesting tack for fighter improvement - strongly reminding me of fighter fixes like this (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=761528) that try to use the fighter's copious feat selection as a basis for improvement, with stacking effects that try to scale with fighter advancement.

So my questions are, has anyone seen them used in play? Do they work/are they worth it? Has anyone homebrewed up any more?

cupkeyk
2007-02-28, 09:55 PM
Combat Awareness is awesome. Blindsight 5" may be cheaper but this has a less steep wisdom prerequisite.

marjan
2007-02-28, 10:25 PM
I haven't used them yet, but like the sound of them. Combat Vigor (fast healing) and Combat Stability (when you face larger creatures) look good. I'm not sure though how many fighters have wis 13+.

Quietus
2007-02-28, 10:37 PM
That's part of the fun of the combat form feats, you can end up putting stats into something that, in my experience, not a lot of fighters worry about. They also make a fun feat line for a monk to pursue.

Shisumo
2007-02-28, 10:38 PM
I haven't used them yet, but like the sound of them. Combat Vigor (fast healing) and Combat Stability (when you face larger creatures) look good. I'm not sure though how many fighters have wis 13+.

It doesn't seem like too much of a sacrifice... I mean, 25 pt buy would get you Str 14, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 8 - those are decent, if not horribly effective from an advancement point of view, beginning stats, and that's at the worst of the common chargen scales.