PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Non-magical Lighting questions

Crustypeanut
2014-07-14, 12:03 PM
I'm a little bit confused with lighting, having never really used it to much of an extent as I am now.

My question is namely about light sources overlapping. In this example, I have one guy holding a torch and another guy, standing 60 ft away, holding a lantern. They're currently out at night where there is no stars, so the lighting condition is darkness.

So we have the torch guy radiating normal light out up to a 20ft radius, while the lantern guy is doing the same for a 30 ft radius. About the second level of their lighting, we have the torch guy raising the level of the lighting condition by 1 step out an additional 20ft from that, and the lantern guy doing it 30 ft out.

Since this 'second layer' overlaps between the two, would they stack? Namely, would the area of darkness hit by the overlapping auras of the lanterns be raised 2 light levels instead of 1, as per a single light source?

Or would the overlapped area just be raised one level, to dim lighting?

I'm -assuming- they'd stack.. as it would make sense that the more lights you add, the brighter it gets (to an extent).