PDA

View Full Version : Best Monsters for Kidnapping

Morof Stonehands
2014-07-14, 12:46 PM
Hello!

I am looking for some suggestions for monsters that would be best suited for kidnapping people, especially children and important town figures. My character will be a cleric, focusing on the sacrificing rules from the Book of Vile Darkness, with the leadership feat. I only want two followers, who will be the best creature/class combo for kidnapping people for me to sacrifice.

Any ideas on what would be the best for this?

Kol Korran
2014-07-14, 01:00 PM
Your level? The creatures HD/ Level/ CR? Any toehr restrictions? Books allowed?

On a quick thought- aren't invisible stalkers built specifically for this? (In the first MM)

Morof Stonehands
2014-07-14, 01:12 PM
Your level? The creatures HD/ Level/ CR? Any toehr restrictions? Books allowed?

On a quick thought- aren't invisible stalkers built specifically for this? (In the first MM)

Ah yes, not sure of what level we will start at, probably around 7.

As for the monsters, one can be 5th, the other can be 1st for now, however, suggestions for any level monster are most welcome.

No restrictions otherwise. Books can be anything, as long as I can show my DM it.

And invisible stalkers are actually brilliant, it's funny how sometimes the easiest source to look in gets skipped over!

MasterFu
2014-07-14, 01:29 PM
A low magic solution could be a bugbear tetori (grappler monk) mebbe?

NecessaryWeevil
2014-07-14, 03:00 PM
Do you care about witnesses?

AlanBruce
2014-07-14, 03:20 PM
I just used a similar monster for a dungeon.

The Bar Lgura (BoVD, FC I). These demonic apes have the Abduction ability. Basically, they touch their target and use a Greater Teleport, taking their prey along with them for a ride. The will save to resist being teleported is not too high, but depending on the level, it could effectively split the party during a critical moment of the encounter.

Silva Stormrage
2014-07-14, 03:41 PM

The Bar Lgura (BoVD, FC I). These demonic apes have the Abduction ability. Basically, they touch their target and use a Greater Teleport, taking their prey along with them for a ride. The will save to resist being teleported is not too high, but depending on the level, it could effectively split the party during a critical moment of the encounter.

Damn you beat me to it.

Ya I second these guys. They can really be good. They also have other great SLA's for this such as Major Image and Telekenisis.

Hm, is there anyway for one to get the teleport at range? An item of spectral hand won't work as teleport is too high level and I don't think there is a reach SLA feat.

Ask the DM and you could just make a custom spell that applies reach metamagic to his teleport SLA.

Morof Stonehands
2014-07-14, 04:20 PM
Do you care about witnesses?

Not really. If they can avoid it that would be cool, but having people know that someone got kidnapped, running outside to look for them, and seeing me sacrifice them on the town hall stairs is not a problem either.

These guys are amazing. Children will almost never be able to pass the save.

PraxisVetli
2014-07-14, 09:06 PM
Ethereal Filcher?
though, it needs to be bigger.

atemu1234
2014-07-14, 09:30 PM
These guys are amazing. Children will almost never be able to pass the save.

...Thank god my DM in high school never stumbled upon this line.