PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder building Lobo

hoborobot
2014-07-14, 09:18 PM
rewatching cartoons of the 90's got me thinking. is it possible to build Lobo from DC universe in pathfinder, and what class/race(or archtype) would he be

grarrrg
2014-07-14, 09:34 PM
rewatching cartoons of the 90's got me thinking. is it possible to build Lobo from DC universe in pathfinder, and what class/race(or archtype) would he be

Templates.
Lots of templates.
Possibly some very custom magic items.

What you have is the "Superman problem", too good at too many things to make an accurate representation, so you're going to have to pick and choose, or make it gestalt, or caster-shenanigans or....

A good "budget Lobo (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/archetypes/paizo---barbarian-archetypes/invulnerable-rager)" would be Invulnerable Rager Barbarian. Solid DR/- and Rage for smashing things.

SoraWolf7
2014-07-14, 10:16 PM
Don't forget Lobo is a bounty hunter. He knows how to track someone (even in space) and can follow them to wherever they are, even if they can shapeshift.

(Un)Inspired
2014-07-14, 11:37 PM
Isn't lobo that guy who looks kinda like he watched The Crow a bunch while doing bench presses at the gym?

And he uses a spiked chain right?

Just make him a spike chain swinging warblade.

Edit: ooooh I just googled him. Maybe add some crystal meth to the goth makeup and steroids.

grarrrg
2014-07-15, 12:07 AM
Isn't lobo that guy who looks kinda like he watched The Crow a bunch while doing bench presses at the gym?
Edit: ooooh I just googled him. Maybe add some crystal meth to the goth makeup and steroids.

Lobo is a satire of Rob Liefeld "90's anti-heros" that evolved into a decent character in his own right.
Overly muscled, overly badass, over the top.

(Un)Inspired
2014-07-15, 12:09 AM
Lobo is a satire of Rob Liefeld "90's anti-heros" that evolved into a decent character in his own right.
Overly muscled, overly badass, over the top.

Sounds like a warblade to me

grarrrg
2014-07-15, 12:28 AM
Sounds like a warblade to me

Pathfinder thread though :smallconfused:

(Un)Inspired
2014-07-15, 12:55 AM
Pathfinder thread though :smallconfused:

Derp. My bad. Barbarian sounds right then.

BWR
2014-07-15, 07:28 AM
Dreamscarred Press did a ToB update for PF. You'll probably find a warblade-esque thing there.
In the case of Lobo, I'd just build him as a unique creature with loads of abilities, then throw on some class levels.

Spore
2014-07-15, 08:04 AM
Barbarian/Ranger with lots of templates.

hoborobot
2014-07-15, 04:11 PM
i dont know how barbarian/ranger would work in this scenario. i mean barb tends to dump int and cha and i think int is needed for casting ranger spells. just read his description apparently he uses wisdom.