PDA

View Full Version : Quick Bloodline question

Drakar
2007-02-28, 10:44 PM
How would I list a bloodline on a character sheet and do I have it right that if you take a bloodline level at like level 3 when you need to take one, no pentatays right?

Isomenes
2007-02-28, 11:00 PM
How would I list a bloodline on a character sheet

I write my levels (for my straight bard) as "N+B," where N is the number of bard levels and B is the number of bloodline levels I've taken.

and do I have it right that if you take a bloodline level at like level 3 when you need to take one, no penalties right?

An advancing character who takes a bloodline level does not gain a character level. So you take your bloodline, and you're still level 2 (excepting caster level and such). And when you hit level 3, correct, no penalties. Although some might consider the lack of "leveling" a penalty unto itself. :smallbiggrin:

Quietus
2007-02-28, 11:03 PM
I'd list it in Notes or something similar, but I use homebrewed sheets. And yes, you won't take any penalties if you take the bloodline level when it says you should.

Drakar
2007-02-28, 11:06 PM
Ah, thanks! ^^

TheOOB
2007-02-28, 11:08 PM
I have a bloodline question as well, so I'll ask it here rather then create a new thread. Can you use LA buyback with bloodlines? If so how would it work.

oriong
2007-02-28, 11:11 PM
No, Bloodlines do not have LA, they have their own, different system.