PDA

View Full Version : [IC] Emerald City Knights

Dudeons
2014-07-14, 10:18 PM
It is a calm day in Emerald City; the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and lots of people are out and about enjoying the day. Whether they're walking their dog, rollerblading, or whatever, everybody seems to be having a good time today. All of you are on the open-air walking mall known as Yellow Brick Row, enjoying the day for your own reasons. The street itself is indeed paved as the name says, and several shops and other business areas line the sides of this street. Newcomers to the city notice a surprising amount of Asian cuisine being offered by restaurants and food carts alike, although with plenty of the normal kind of foodstuffs as well.

((Please describe what your characters are doing here))

ChaosArchon
2014-07-15, 03:10 AM
A bright light shining through the window in his penthouse woke him up. Wincing from its brightness, his head throbbing, Cody looks around groggily exclaiming, "Ugh my head still hurts from last night, I should not have used that funnel how I did."

As he looks over at the clock he see's it reads 12:01PM and remarks,"Huh, why am I up so early, I should at least have had another hour or two. Never the less, I guess I should shower so I don't smell like booze the whole day." and with that he heads to his bathroom to shower. However this is no ordinary bathroom, but one made for a king. It had the one of the most luxurious showers in all of Emerald City, and had some of the finest Italian marble as it's floor tiles. As he opens the stain-glass shower door he remarks,"It's good to be the king."

smuchmuch
2014-07-16, 12:12 PM
Imagine, if you will, golden lanes crossing around large buildings made out of a beautiful translucent green glass and crossed by hundreds of lines of light. The little creature in it does not see the great whole they are a part off, from the giant towering in the middle to the small boxes of the outskirts, they go on to their occupation. It's like an ant farm but so much more complex, so much greater in scope. somehow the whole thing breathes, it pulses, it lives.

And it hurts. Large rotating blades like clouds of metal come on down, and everything is red. The blades keeps on cutting , removing layers after layers, until they have opponed a wound in the center of the city. There's something dark under it, a tumor. And as the blades cut, a slow moan sowly rises and turns into a chilling cry for help so loud that cracks apear on the glass buildings and it is as the very world itself is going to shatter and then.... That's when she opens her eyes.

What an disturbing nightmare to wake up to.
And what a strange place to wake up into. Slowly with stiffs and awkwards movements she puts a hand behind the back of her head and rubs the stiffness out of her neck as her eyes slowly around. It seems she's in a small alley, how lovely. There's even a fire escape right above her and a (thankfully empty) dumpster not far.

She stands up and take a few steps before walking to a glass window and after wipping the dust with her sleeves she cheks herself with a sheepish smile and a wave. The reflection waves back looks like a young woman with a round face sporting brown eyes a small nose and dark brown shoulder length slightly curling hairs. Its her all right. Her clothes are pretty plain but nothing to be ashamed off, a simple green short skirt, pale red shoes, a white shirt and a dark green jacket with a little logo of the local baseball team (Go, Twisters !) in front. There's a purse as well but it's empty.

She takes a deep breath and stirs. She doesnt feel sick and the stiffness has passed. In fat is anything, she fels oddly refreshed. Surprisingly clean and healthy, no empty bottle in any hands and both kidney are here as well. All things considered, there are much worse ways to wake up, especially on the hard concrete pavement of a recluse alley.

That leaves just the question of what she's doing here in the first place. Well you see...
"Uh. Why am I here ?" before admitting apparent as much to the general world around her than herself "...I Have no idea"

The girl blinks. You'd think a complete memory blank would cause shock, horror but she seems to be taking this quite well. She's sure she should feel more upset but she isn't. At worst she does feel annoyed at not being upset or even upset she's not upset. Just a feeling of something lost.

She doesn't feel like her mind or emotions have being altered (somehow ?) but it's not like she has any relevant memories or such to compare to. Maybe he people who gave her the impression that she her memories aren't manipulated but then why even leave the feeling that she should feel differently than she does ? Maybe.... Ugh after a good couple of minutes thinking along those lines, the teen winces and gives up with a shrug. With no facts to support any way over the other, that train of thought seems needlessly paranoid and frankly endless. She may have woke up in an alley but she's lacking the mandatory tinfoil hat and the empty bottle for that kind of craziness. There's nothing to do about it, no history to think of. Maybe... Surely... It'll all come back any moment ?

So here she is, having just woken up in an alley, no memories, no one else around it seems, having taken stock of her situation quite quickly (is that normal, she wonders ?) and now she is going to walk out to do.. Something. Its right on the corner of her mind but she know there's a Purpose to her presence. With capital letter and italics even in her own mind, so whatever it is she's supposed to do, it's very important. That she knows for certain. Shame she's got absolutely no idea on what that might be.

She may have no idea why she's here or how but she does think she know where she is. gets a feel to her environment, the ambient sounds, big crowd near not much traffic, the slight smells of cooking, other clues, a sense of pulsation under her feet like there's a heavy traffic nearby. Yep she's in alley which pours one of the small street that crosses not far from here into the very end of Yellow brick road, near the place with the big famous Chinese '' restaurant, the and all the Asian food places. The air does bring a enticing smell of samples sold in plain air, she feels hungry per se but she might be tempted to try a bit out of curiosity.

Well it should be a little while before anything really happens, it's a pretty nice day in Emerald city and the yellow brick is full of people, she's got time to hang around here's a bit.
"I'm sure it'll all be clear soon."

I guess it would have been better if she had woken up without emories after the inccident but I kind of wanted to post now just to say that yes I am in the game. If it doesn't make sense, just ignore her for now and I'll post again when the incident starts and we can consider this whole scene takes place at this moment.

J-H
2014-07-16, 10:09 PM
Dr. Wilhelm Reinher

Dr. Reinher rubs his eyes. Medicine is an enjoyable practice, and rewarding, but an 18-hour shift with second-year residents is not his idea of a good time. "Well, if I stay up another few hours I'll see my second sunset in a row. Not the first time." He mutters to himself as he very un-graciously slugs down almost a third of his drink, which resembles a cross between a beehive, the dregs of a coffee factory, and burnt coffee.

He musters a faint smile for the attractive waitress as she delivers a slightly overpriced, but large and meaty, sandwich. The bistro is a bit over-priced, but you pay for the location. Two blocks from the hospital, at one end of the Yellow Brick Row, with a patio that almost juts into Central Park, it's a prime location.... and blessedly free of much of the traffic noise that consumes the city.

It's lunchtime.

Arcran
2014-07-17, 09:52 AM
Casey hated being outside. The sun was bright, people were everywhere and the various pollens were killing his allergies. If it was up to Casey, he'd still be in bed or, maybe, sitting in the basement playing Halo with a big bowl of Lucky Charms and the AC as high as it could go to make sure the house doesn't overheat.

Instead, Casey is outside on the Yellow Brick Row, squinting at the glare on his Nintendo DS as he tries to play Pokemon. His dad might make him go outside, but he can't make him do something boring like a sport or physically taxing like running! Casey smirks, knowing that there is no way his dad could know that he didn't do anything. He'd go home, maybe jog for a few yards to get sweaty, then go right into the house without his father noticing. It was the perfect system.

And so, Casey sits on the bench, pondering whether to make his Alakazam use Psyshock or Psychic on the other Pokemon.

Dudeons
2014-07-17, 03:30 PM
A sudden boom catches your attention as a panel truck explodes some distance away. A cloud of grey mist streams out from the wreckage, swirling by its own accord into some kind of whirlwind. Pale blue energy arcs within the whirlwind before leaping out, striking several points in its immediate vicinity. All four of you are hit by bolts of energy as the whirlwind dissipates just as quickly as it appeared. All of you feel strangely empowered, as though you absorbed the lightning and became something more than a mere person. The others around you aren't as fortunate, as the panicked crowds of civilians and large amounts of property damage threaten everybody on Yellow Brick Row. What do you do?

ChaosArchon
2014-07-17, 04:14 PM
Cody collapse in the shower just as the explosion occurred. As he rises up he thinks,"What the hell was that... I swear if Jon slipped me some X last night I'm gonna kill him." he says other his breath, along with a string of profanities and increasingly unlikely threats involving human anatomy. He then exits the shower and begins to dry off, first brushing his long blonde hair, drying off his arms, but then he stops as he sees something strange in the mirror.

"What the..." Cody stammers in shock, as in the mirror he sees some of his things in the bathroom circle around him, almost as if they were attracted to him and could not move in any other way. "This has gotta be one seriously freaky trip... I think I just need to get some air..."

Cody then shambles out of the bathroom, his hairbrush still swirling around his head like a small satellite, wobbling and down but still remaining in the same rough area. He quickly gets dressed, made much easier by the fact that his clothes were seemingly drawn magnetically towards him. He picks out a midnight black dress shirt and some blue jeans, along with his favorite pair of RayBans, "a strange day but no reason not to be dressed as good as I look" he thinks as he steps out onto the terrace.

As Cody looks out over the city though, he sees it is in a state of total disarray, with fires coming from Yellow Brick Row and people running around in sheer terror. It is an absolutely terrifying view, as he watches civilization break down from the unknown disaster. "What happened... oh crap I left my best jacket in the bar, Puzzle in Yellow Brick Row. Well I guess I might as well try to get it now before the whole district burns." he thinks, "plus, it's a gift from my dad from my 21st birthday, no way in hell I'm letting it burn down with the city. Hell, it could be fun, rushing into a burning building and emerging as a badass, my leather jacket in hand."

Cody the rushes down from his penthouse, taking the elevator to get to the garage. With his keys in hand, he hops into his Jag and heads to the Yellow Brick Row, still confused as why his stuff gets moving on its own accord towards him

Arcran
2014-07-18, 09:51 AM
Between the swarming masses and a lighting bolt, Casey's Nintendo DS flies out of his sweaty hands, skittering across the yellow bricks. He runs as fast as his chubby little legs can carry him, only to watch in horror as the DS is stepped upon by one of the thousands panicking. He reaches the wreckage, holding up the broken machine. If his game was alright he'd still have all his saves, right? He'd still have his eight badges and his Alakazam! All the DS did was play the game.

As he moves to pop the cartridge out, Casey looks in horror at the game split in half, right down the middle. He had 273 hours on that game and it was all gone!

Despite his strangely good feeling, Casey simply joins the panicking mob, pressing his shattered DS against his chest as he runs, sobbing like a child half his age.

J-H
2014-07-19, 05:31 PM
Dr. Reinher

"What the!" Wilhelm jerks out of his chair at the sudden explosion, then ducks as he realizes what's going on. He comes back to standing just in time for a bolt of energy to slam into him.

The world goes red, and he finds himself leaning atop his knocked-over chair. Other than being a bit sore, he's un-injured. He stands up and looks around, not immediately noticing anything different.... and then realizes that a bomb went off not far away, and that there are probably people injured.

"No dust on the sandwich..." He scoops up the remnants of his sandwich in one hand, slugs down the rest of his coffee, and then jogs towards the blast zone to help out as he stuffs the last two bites in his mouth.

(20 seconds later)
He arrives in the area, but there's so much dust swirling around it's hard to see. Wilhelm bats it away with his arm ineffectually, and then tries squinting to see through it. As his eye start to focus, everything takes on a red tint, and the wall he was looking along suddenly has a large, smoking trench in the side.

Dr. Reinher blinks, backs up a few steps, squeezes his eyes shut, rubs his face, and then tries again to see through the dust. A spot of pavement in front of him turns to molten glass. "Okay, so that wasn't a coincidence..."

He backs out of the dust, shaken. After looking around, normally, for a few seconds without anything burning, heating up, or being sliced in half, he decides to play it safe. He yells into the dust: "HELLO, IS ANYONE HURT? I'M A DOCTOR!"

Someone else will have called 911 by now, no need for me to do so

Dudeons
2014-07-20, 03:04 PM
Cody collapse in the shower just as the explosion occurred. As he rises up he thinks,"What the hell was that... I swear if Jon slipped me some X last night I'm gonna kill him." he says other his breath, along with a string of profanities and increasingly unlikely threats involving human anatomy. He then exits the shower and begins to dry off, first brushing his long blonde hair, drying off his arms, but then he stops as he sees something strange in the mirror.

"What the..." Cody stammers in shock, as in the mirror he sees some of his things in the bathroom circle around him, almost as if they were attracted to him and could not move in any other way. "This has gotta be one seriously freaky trip... I think I just need to get some air..."

Cody then shambles out of the bathroom, his hairbrush still swirling around his head like a small satellite, wobbling and down but still remaining in the same rough area. He quickly gets dressed, made much easier by the fact that his clothes were seemingly drawn magnetically towards him. He picks out a midnight black dress shirt and some blue jeans, along with his favorite pair of RayBans, "a strange day but no reason not to be dressed as good as I look" he thinks as he steps out onto the terrace.

As Cody looks out over the city though, he sees it is in a state of total disarray, with fires coming from Yellow Brick Row and people running around in sheer terror. It is an absolutely terrifying view, as he watches civilization break down from the unknown disaster. "What happened... oh crap I left my best jacket in the bar, Puzzle in Yellow Brick Row. Well I guess I might as well try to get it now before the whole district burns." he thinks, "plus, it's a gift from my dad from my 21st birthday, no way in hell I'm letting it burn down with the city. Hell, it could be fun, rushing into a burning building and emerging as a badass, my leather jacket in hand."

Cody the rushes down from his penthouse, taking the elevator to get to the garage. With his keys in hand, he hops into his Jag and heads to the Yellow Brick Row, still confused as why his stuff gets moving on its own accord towards him

As you ride down the road, your bike suddenly stops against your will, glowing with a grey energy as you are hurled to the ground. A crazy-looking woman nearby holds one hand up, grey energy surrounding it. The woman has metal wrapped around her body like armor, and she swings her hand towards you as your motorcycle goes hurtling in your direction.

Make an Acrobatics check to see if you are hurt.
Ranged Attack: [roll0]
If successful, make a DC 25 Toughness check.

Between the swarming masses and a lighting bolt, Casey's Nintendo DS flies out of his sweaty hands, skittering across the yellow bricks. He runs as fast as his chubby little legs can carry him, only to watch in horror as the DS is stepped upon by one of the thousands panicking. He reaches the wreckage, holding up the broken machine. If his game was alright he'd still have all his saves, right? He'd still have his eight badges and his Alakazam! All the DS did was play the game.

As he moves to pop the cartridge out, Casey looks in horror at the game split in half, right down the middle. He had 273 hours on that game and it was all gone!

Despite his strangely good feeling, Casey simply joins the panicking mob, pressing his shattered DS against his chest as he runs, sobbing like a child half his age.

As Casey runs through the mob, all of the chaos suddenly comes into focus as a strange man lunges onto the scene. The man has orange skin and has four tentacles growing out of his sides. Looking panicked, he is haphazardly hurling citizens aside with his four tentacles. One of them comes swinging at Casey himself.

Tentacle: [roll1]
If successful, roll DC 23 Damage and roll against a grapple check of [roll2]

Dr. Reinher

"What the!" Wilhelm jerks out of his chair at the sudden explosion, then ducks as he realizes what's going on. He comes back to standing just in time for a bolt of energy to slam into him.

The world goes red, and he finds himself leaning atop his knocked-over chair. Other than being a bit sore, he's un-injured. He stands up and looks around, not immediately noticing anything different.... and then realizes that a bomb went off not far away, and that there are probably people injured.

"No dust on the sandwich..." He scoops up the remnants of his sandwich in one hand, slugs down the rest of his coffee, and then jogs towards the blast zone to help out as he stuffs the last two bites in his mouth.

(20 seconds later)
He arrives in the area, but there's so much dust swirling around it's hard to see. Wilhelm bats it away with his arm ineffectually, and then tries squinting to see through it. As his eye start to focus, everything takes on a red tint, and the wall he was looking along suddenly has a large, smoking trench in the side.

Dr. Reinher blinks, backs up a few steps, squeezes his eyes shut, rubs his face, and then tries again to see through the dust. A spot of pavement in front of him turns to molten glass. "Okay, so that wasn't a coincidence..."

He backs out of the dust, shaken. After looking around, normally, for a few seconds without anything burning, heating up, or being sliced in half, he decides to play it safe. He yells into the dust: "HELLO, IS ANYONE HURT? I'M A DOCTOR!"

Someone else will have called 911 by now, no need for me to do so

As you are moving through the dust, you are suddenly ambushed as a clawed hand swipes at your back. Landing some distance away after the attack is a woman, covered with fur. Her pointed nose, claws, and long tail make you think of a ferret or mongoose. She bears her pointed teeth and is about to attack again.

[roll3]
If successful, roll against DC 24 Damage.

Arcran
2014-07-20, 03:23 PM
Casey watches the tentacle coming towards him, watching in fear as it comes closer and closer, knowing that he couldn't dodge the tentacle in time. He feels his pants grow wet as the child screams, watching his incoming doom...

And then, somehow, it missed, hitting about sixty feet away from where the child had been. More than a little confused, Casey stares at the four armed monster, absolutely terrified, seized by the compulsion to make the monster go away.

To his amazement, a portal opens up under the feet of the creature and, while he can't see it, Casey knew another, similar portal high in the sky opened as well.

Moving things around in my array.

One rank of Blink - 6 PP
Ten ranks of Portal Catch - 40 PP
14 remaining to shuffle

Using Portal Catch on the octopus thing. Perception Range, so auto-hit. DC 20 Dodge to avoid it. If he fails, he's 4 miles up in the air.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-20, 03:36 PM
As his bike suddenly stops, Cody manages to flip off of the bike and land safely. A strange looking woman clad in metal then somehow throws his bike at him, which he manages to dodge as his precious Jag is slammed into the ground and explodes. "You b!*@?, do you even know how much that bike cost?! What the actual hell lady!" As he says this, the air congeals around him as gravity somehow begins to get heavier around him, as he instinctively manifests this power as he prepares to protect himself.

activating "Newton's Protection"- Force Field 5
Acrobatics:[roll0]

Dudeons
2014-07-20, 09:49 PM
Casey watches the tentacle coming towards him, watching in fear as it comes closer and closer, knowing that he couldn't dodge the tentacle in time. He feels his pants grow wet as the child screams, watching his incoming doom...

And then, somehow, it missed, hitting about sixty feet away from where the child had been. More than a little confused, Casey stares at the four armed monster, absolutely terrified, seized by the compulsion to make the monster go away.

To his amazement, a portal opens up under the feet of the creature and, while he can't see it, Casey knew another, similar portal high in the sky opened as well.

Moving things around in my array.

One rank of Blink - 6 PP
Ten ranks of Portal Catch - 40 PP
14 remaining to shuffle

Using Portal Catch on the octopus thing. Perception Range, so auto-hit. DC 20 Dodge to avoid it. If he fails, he's 4 miles up in the air.

A portal suddenly opens up as the octopus-man is teleported a few miles in the air, hurtling towards the ground. He slaps the wall with a tentacle, slowing his fall to some degree before he slams into a car, a dying honk coming from the hunk of metal. The octopus-man gets up, looking more panicked than before. He grabs the car with his four tentacles and hurls it off to the side, where it bounces once in the middle of the mob before whizzing towards the terrified young Casey.

[roll0]
If successful, roll against Damage DC 23.

As his bike suddenly stops, Cody manages to flip off of the bike and land safely. A strange looking woman clad in metal then somehow throws his bike at him, which he manages to dodge as his precious Jag is slammed into the ground and explodes. "You b!*@?, do you even know how much that bike cost?! What the actual hell lady!" As he says this, the air congeals around him as gravity somehow begins to get heavier around him, as he instinctively manifests this power as he prepares to protect himself.

activating "Newton's Protection"- Force Field 5
Acrobatics:[roll0]

The woman snarls at you as she raises her hand, grey energy surrounding it.
"I am Death Metal, and I will do as I wish!" the woman shouts. A lamppost whizzes into her hand before she swings it at you with a murderous grin, the grey energy allowing her to swing the massive metal pole despite her average physique.

Attack Roll: [roll1]
If successful, roll against Damage DC 27.

J-H
2014-07-20, 09:50 PM
Dr. Reinher

Wilhelm feels claws scrape across his back, tearing his shirt, but they barely graze his skin as he ducks. The marks left behind feel less painful than a paper cut.

He looks at the...creature... were-ferret? Monster? across from him. The dust and wreckage around him proves that this is no movie, and it certainly doesn't appear to be interested in a rational discussion. He focuses on it, trying to replicate what he did by accident earlier, raking his eyes up and down her(?) body to avoid causing a fatal injury.

Eye beam attack [roll0] (ranged vs enemy dodge)
If successful, DC25 to resist damage

smuchmuch
2014-07-21, 09:23 AM
Suddenly all hell breaks loose in the Golden Brick road. The young woman instinctively puts a hand in front of her mouth and close her yes to protect herself from the cloud of grey dust. She's sure she got a bit in her mouth and it must be all over her hairs now. What is, this thing ?

She barely notices the lightning bolt that goes through her. Shouldn't it hurt ? Shouldn't she be dead ? No instead she feels quite fine. Better than fine in fact, she feels stronger, more aware, more... complete ? Like something came back to her. Not her memories, sadly but a connection of sorts. Under her feet she feels the ground, of course, but she feels so much more of it. All around her, every bumps and cracks. And The thousands of panicked footsteps of the running people almost trampling each others, the damage and the fires. No no no, that won't do at all.

Slowly she opens her yes and look at the dust settling in. Silver dust. A little like the silver blades from her dream. All she knows is that it caused untold destruction. previously she felt an undefined Purpose and suddenly it's nature feels a lot clearer.

Taken by a sudden energy, the teen starts to run but, counter intuitively, against the flow of the crowd and in the direction of the damage and the fires. She tries to maneuver as nimbly as she can in the panicked crowd. Despite her best attempt at dodging she gets bumped around quite a few time until in frustration she makes a large movement of arms in a vain attempt to get people way from her. Something unknowns triggers inside her head as she does and suddenly the street parts around her forming two small walls.

What just happened ? Did she.. yes she can feel she moved something somehow.

Someone is trying to help another who get trapped by the metal husk thrown around in the whirlwind. She closes her eyes in a split second of concentration, claps her hand together and put her palms on the floor. she can feel something stirring, ,if she can just make it move... Please. There's a small ripple forming around her hand and propagating through the street until it reaches around the truck, the ground twists and four pillars of concrete suddenly emerges under each corner of the vehicel and lift it, freeing the trapped man.
It also very nearly frightened the two people to death. "Hehe. Whoops. Sorry" she scratches her head a bit in embarrassment Slightly overdid it here. Well the man seems fine enough and now that their friends can carry him, hopefully for him some kind of doctor ,will be able to do something for their injuries.

With that she returns to her running. In her mind the adrenaline races along with the possibilities of the incredible new abilities she just discovered. There's a lot more she can do.

sorry for my lateness.

Let's just say she spent the last two rounds using her Cityscape bending powers to stabilize the worst of the structural damage she came across and try to stop panicking civilians to trample each others to death

Arcran
2014-07-21, 11:45 AM
Casey looks at the octopus in fear, knowing that it just fell far further than it should ever have been able to. As the car flies towards the boy Casey only screams, then watches as the car lands a good distance from where he had been. He stares at the flying car, only to watch in awe as it suddenly appears above the octopus, slamming down onto him with far more force than it had any right to.

The boy turns to run, completely terrified of what both he and the octopus are doing, tears streaming down his face.

Casey easily Dodges again.

Moving Array around.
1 Rank in Blink - 6 PP
Ten Rank in Portal Throw - 31 PP
13 Points remaining.

DC 25 Toughness Save for the octopus. Perception Range, so no rolls on my end.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-21, 03:48 PM
Cody attempts to dodge out of the way of the lamppost but is unable to get out of the way. As it connects with his body, not even the mysterious field that was surrounding him could fully protect him from the impact. "Son of a B%&^@" he thinks, "this is gonna hurt." However surprisingly he remains unharmed from being hit with the massive pole.

[roll0]
I already know I can't beat a 27 w/ a +6 mod to Toughness so I'll take the hit, now I'm rolling to see how badly I get hit and then will see how badly I'm out.

Dudeons
2014-07-21, 06:01 PM
Dr. Reinher

Wilhelm feels claws scrape across his back, tearing his shirt, but they barely graze his skin as he ducks. The marks left behind feel less painful than a paper cut.

He looks at the...creature... were-ferret? Monster? across from him. The dust and wreckage around him proves that this is no movie, and it certainly doesn't appear to be interested in a rational discussion. He focuses on it, trying to replicate what he did by accident earlier, raking his eyes up and down her(?) body to avoid causing a fatal injury.

Eye beam attack [roll0] (ranged vs enemy dodge)

The monster ducks under the energy beams that leap forth from your eyes, cutting up the pavement a short distance behind her. She lunges forward, tackling you to the ground before preparing to swipe at you again.

Grapple: 22
Roll Strength or Dodge against DC 11.

Suddenly all hell breaks loose in the Golden Brick road. The young woman instinctively puts a hand in front of her mouth and close her yes to protect herself from the cloud of grey dust. She's sure she got a bit in her mouth and it must be all over her hairs now. What is, this thing ?

She barely notices the lightning bolt that goes through her. Shouldn't it hurt ? Shouldn't she be dead ? No instead she feels quite fine. Better than fine in fact, she feels stronger, more aware, more... complete ? Like something came back to her. Not her memories, sadly but a connection of sorts. Under her feet she feels the ground, of course, but she feels so much more of it. All around her, every bumps and cracks. And The thousands of panicked footsteps of the running people almost trampling each others, the damage and the fires. No no no, that won't do at all.

Slowly she opens her yes and look at the dust settling in. Silver dust. A little like the silver blades from her dream. All she knows is that it caused untold destruction. previously she felt an undefined Purpose and suddenly it's nautre feemls alot clearer.

Taken by a sudden energy, the teen starts to run but, counter intuitively, against the flow of the crowd in the dirrection the direction of the damage and the fires. She tries to maneuver as nimbly as she can in the panicked crowd. Despite her best attempt at dodging she gets bumped around quite a few time until in frustration she makes a large movement of arms in a vain attempt to get people way from her. Something unknowns triggers inside her head as she does and suddenly the street parts around her forming two small walls.

What just happened ? Did she.. yes she can feel she moved something somehow.

Someone is trying to help another who get trapped by the metal husk thrown around in the whirlwind. She closes her eyes in a split second of concentration, claps her hand together and put her palms on the floor. she can feel something stirring, ,if she can just make it move... Please. There's a small ripple forming around her hand and propagating through the street until it reaches around the truck, the ground twists and four pillars of concrete suddenly emerges under each corner of the vehicel and lift it, freeing the trapped man.
It also very nearly frightened the two people to death. SSIZE=1]"Hehe. Whoops"[/SIZE] she scratches her head a bit in embarrassment Slightly overdid it here. Well the man seems fine enough and now that their friends can carry him, hopefully for him some kind of doctor ,will be able to do something for their injuries.

With that she returns to her running. In her mind the adrenaline races along with the possibilities of the incredible new abilities she just discovered. There's a lot more she can do.

sorry for my lateness.

Let's just say she spent the last two rounds using her Cityscape bending powers to stabilize the worst of the structural damage she came across and try to stop panicking civilians to trample each others to death

Your efforts at manipulating the cityscape seem to have done a lot of good, as the mob starts breaking up. However, as you are working your powers, a blast of dark purple energy narrowly misses you from above. Descending from the sky with high-pitched laughter is a man around your age with gothic attire and an oversized black trenchcoat. He grins manically, black energy sparking from his fingertips.

"Ah, another person empowered by this storm," he says, hovering a few inches off the ground, "Let's see how you fare against someone as powerful as I, Lord Etheric!"

Casey looks at the octopus in fear, knowing that it just fell far further than it should ever have been able to. As the car flies towards the boy Casey only screams, then watches as the car lands a good distance from where he had been. He stares at the flying car, only to watch in awe as it suddenly appears above the octopus, slamming down onto him with far more force than it had any right to.

The boy turns to run, completely terrified of what both he and the octopus are doing, tears streaming down his face.

Casey easily Dodges again.

Moving Array around.
1 Rank in Blink - 6 PP
Ten Rank in Portal Throw - 31 PP
13 Points remaining.

DC 25 Toughness Save for the octopus. Perception Range, so no rolls on my end.

I forgot to mention last time, the man failed by two degrees last time, which means he's dazed and has a -1 on Toughness. Sorry about that.

The car crashes down on the squid man. He's not expecting it, so it slams heavily into him. As you run away from it, the squid man crawls out from under the car, looking very worse for wear. The man, realizing that you are the somehow the source of his injury, lumbers towards you a few steps before lashing out with his four tentacles to grab you.

Three degrees of failure; he has a -2 on toughness and is staggered

Attack: 28
Damage DC: 23
Grab Attempt: 26 (natural 20 adds one degree; resist with Strength or Dodge)

Cody attempts to dodge out of the way of the lamppost but is unable to get out of the way. As it connects with his body, not even the mysterious field that was surrounding him could fully protect him from the impact. "Son of a B%&^@" he thinks, "this is gonna hurt."

[roll0]
I already know I can't beat a 27 w/ a +6 mod to Toughness so I'll take the hit, now I'm rolling to see how badly I get hit and then will see how badly I'm out.

You brace for the impact of the lamppost, but it never comes as the lamppost breaks into chunks against the field of energy surrounding you. The woman is shocked at the spectacle, dropping the piece of lamppost in her hand. What do you do?

Since you didn't take any actions on your turn (you little paranoid gamer, you!), I'll let you go ahead and take an action.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-21, 06:06 PM
After staring in amazement at what just happened, he begins to grin and says to his attack,"Oh you are soooo screwed lady!" He then begins to run towards her, but just as he begins to wind up a punch, a bolt of dark, shifting matter appears in his hand. After inspecting the strange essence in his hand he smiles even more,"This will do nicely." he chuckles.

Cody then throws the lambent bolt of cosmic annihilation towards his enemy, as revenge for attacking him but more importantly for ruining his bike and most likely some of his clothes.

Cosmic Bolt: Damage 10 (toughness resist) [Cosmic]+Snare (dodge resist): [roll0]

J-H
2014-07-21, 08:00 PM
Dr. Reinher
The creature tackles Dr. Reinher to the ground. Claws rip at his clothing, shredding his shirt and tie, but again just barely scratch him. In the heat of the moment, the Doctor doesn't realize it. At point-blank range, he can't miss, and twin lines of coherent light spear his attacker, cutting deep, smoking gouges and filling the air with the smell of burning fur.

Dodge [roll0] glad she didn't target Parry instead.

Eye beams again (if I get to to attack with them) [roll1]
damage DC 25 again

Dudeons
2014-07-21, 09:34 PM
After staring in amazement at what just happened, he begins to grin and says to his attack,"Oh you are soooo screwed lady!" He then begins to run towards her, but just as he begins to wind up a punch, a bolt of dark, shifting matter appears in his hand. After inspecting the strange essence in his hand he smiles even more,"This will do nicely." he chuckles.

Cody then throws the lambent bolt of cosmic annihilation towards his enemy, as revenge for attacking him but more importantly for ruining his bike and most likely some of his clothes.

Cosmic Bolt: Damage 10 (toughness resist) [Cosmic]+Snare (dodge resist): [roll0]

The woman is struck full in the chest by the blast of dark matter, sending her tumbling back a few feet. She quickly rises to her feet and starts to lunge towards you. However, the dark energy crackles throughout her, apparently holding her back and slowing her every step. She points a hand at you, grey energy charging through her hand.

"You want to play with fireworks, then?" the woman taunts as a blast of grey energy bursts from her palm before bursting against your field of energy, ultimately leaving you unharmed.

Made the appropriate checks; she's undamaged, but she took one degree of that Snare effect. That means she's hindered and vulnerable. Attempted a ranged attack, but narrowly missed.

Dr. Reinher

Dodge [roll0] glad she didn't target Parry instead.

Eye beams again (if I get to to attack with them) [roll1]
damage DC 25 again

The woman tackles you to the ground as you ineffectively try to push her off of you. She's much stronger than you, something you are both aware of as she raises a clawed hand. Before she strikes you, the eye beams from before activate again and strike her, blasting her back into a brick wall. She falls to the ground, unconscious.

Arcran
2014-07-21, 09:48 PM
This time Casey is far less surprised this time when he disappears, avoiding the attack altogether. Had he been grabbed, Casey likely would have been in a great deal of trouble. Instead he escapes without a scratch.

And, once again, the car falls through a hole, flying out of one in front of the octopus to slam into it once more.

Blink's Reaction Teleport gets me away from the attack.

Array remains the same.

Using Portal Throw. DC 25 Toughness.

J-H
2014-07-21, 10:20 PM
Dr. Reinher

Dr. Reinher rises from the ground. He notes his shredded clothing, and checks for bleeding. "Wow. Maybe the eyes aren't the only change. I hope the rat-thing wasn't carrying any fleas or diseases..."

He looks around.
-Did anyone see the fight?
-Are there any injured civilians?
-Any other fighting going on?

He checks the rat-thing and verifies that it's still alive, and looks for some way to restrain it.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-21, 10:32 PM
"Listen, why don't you just back down miss? All your attempts to hurt me haven't had any affect on me, whereas I am able to deal with you without much effort." Cody says, flashing a brilliant smile at the obviously insane woman, while at the same time preparing to attack should she reject his offer to surrender.

Diplomacy: [roll0] (assuming this is a Presence+Persuasion roll)

prepared action: Cosmic Bolt [roll1]

Dudeons
2014-07-22, 12:53 AM
This time Casey is far less surprised this time when he disappears, avoiding the attack altogether. Had he been grabbed, Casey likely would have been in a great deal of trouble. Instead he escapes without a scratch.

And, once again, the car falls through a hole, flying out of one in front of the octopus to slam into it once more.

Blink's Reaction Teleport gets me away from the attack.

Array remains the same.

Using Portal Throw. DC 25 Toughness.

The car slams into the squid-man once more, crashing down some distance away. As the dust settles, the squid-man seems to be lying down, unconscious.

Toughness check failed three degrees due to previous penalties, so he's now unconscious.

Dr. Reinher

Dr. Reinher rises from the ground. He notes his shredded clothing, and checks for bleeding. "Wow. Maybe the eyes aren't the only change. I hope the rat-thing wasn't carrying any fleas or diseases..."

He looks around.
-Did anyone see the fight?
-Are there any injured civilians?
-Any other fighting going on?

He checks the rat-thing and verifies that it's still alive, and looks for some way to restrain it.

With the dust swirling around, it doesn't look like anybody has really noticed your fight due to how quick and relatively uneventful it was. You see a truck door open and a large man crawls out of it, clutching his chest in pain. The truck is surrounded by a field of grey energy and sent flying, drawing your attention to some other parts of the city. A woman with makeshift armor formed around her from scrap metal is hurling the truck at a handsome young man with a dark energy field surrounding him. Further away, a orange-skinned man with four tentacles coming from his sides is lumbering towards a chubby young boy who seems to be teleporting away from the squid-man. Nearby, a teenage girl dressed in green is having blasts of dark energy hurled at her by a man in gothic attire.

Going to check on the woman, she appears to be simply unconscious; nothing that proper medical attention couldn't fix in due time. You don't have anything on hand or in your immediate view that could restrain her. However, you see a group of police cars coming out of the corner of your eye.

"Listen, why don't you just back down miss? All your attempts to hurt me haven't had any affect on me, whereas I am able to deal with you without much effort." Cody says, flashing a brilliant smile at the obviously insane woman, while at the same time preparing to attack should she reject his offer to surrender.

Diplomacy: [roll0] (assuming this is a Presence+Persuasion roll)

prepared action: Cosmic Bolt [roll1]

The woman sneers at you, reaching out to move a truck over towards her before starting to throw it at you. As she throws it, you hurl another bolt of dark energy, slamming through the car and striking her. She falls over unconscious as the dark energy courses through her, her armor falling apart around her.

Failed that toughness by a lot. You've won now.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-22, 01:59 PM
As the woman falls unconscious, Cody considers tying her up with something but realizes since she probably could break free from anything metallic and he didn't have any rope on him, to just let it go. He then continues, now on foot, towards the bar named Puzzle.

Arcran
2014-07-22, 08:26 PM
Casey looks at the crumpled body of the octopus man, terrified. In the back of his mind he knew that he hadn't tried to, that he had been defending himself. Still, that fact didn't make the harsh reality that he had just beaten a man into a unconscious lump without lifting a finger.

Still terrified, Casey continues to run, just trying to escape what has happened.

Everything is in Blink now.

J-H
2014-07-23, 07:58 AM
Dr. Reinher

Seeing nothing useful, the doctor tries to at least tie the creature's hands behind it with the remnants of his tie.

I think this would be a Sleight of Hand check, but I'm not sure. Only taking a round or so to do this.
[roll0]

Turning to the other battles that he can see through the dust, Dr. Reinher sees that two of them have ended. The last, a girl being assaulted by a costumed man throwing bolts of energy, seems fairly clear-cut, so he intervenes.

Not sure if there are any range modifiers
Attack [roll1]

His eye rays shoot wide, scorching the wall behind the costumed magus.

smuchmuch
2014-07-23, 10:16 AM
The teen nearly jumps as a black energy blot zips past her and startles her as she was looking for her next destination

"Blah blah blah Lord etheric"

"Uh. Charmed, i'm sure ? I'm..." Oh yeah mind still blank, only name that feels vaguely right for some reason is Esemeralda but somehow she's not sure she want to tell what could be her real name to someone who throw bolt of energy to get your attention. "Miss Green. "Do I know you or something ?" Well he doesn't fell familiar, not that it means much and he said something about someone else being empowered. So apparently he decided to attack her because she was there. Who thinks like that ?
"Look I'm sure it's be an epic battle an all,Very impressive coat" "but I was kind of busy helping people here ?. Maybe we could do that later ? Or not at all ?" her feet thinks a little in the ground that shimmers around her, ready to rise and intercept any more bolts of energy.

And then someone else tries to attack him in turn with some laser beams. And looking around, apparently there's an unconscious squid man and a woman in metal who ,just got their ass whooped by other people as well. Why is everyone fighting when there was a freaking tornado just tend second ago, did she miss a memo somewhere. "Yeesh what is it with you people ? Was everyone sprayed with crazy gas or what ?"

Kinda missed two rounds here, bleh. Sorry had a bit of a block because wasn't sure how I wanted the character to react to this. She is pretty laid back to someone trying to atomize her.

Just taking a defensive action:
Taking a standart action for defensive action . Dodge: [roll0] (if the D20 roll is under 10 add 10) result of the roll is temporary defense untill next round

Sleight of hands seems about right

Dudeons
2014-07-24, 10:29 PM
Sorry about how late this all is!

As the woman falls unconscious, Cody considers tying her up with something but realizes since she probably could break free from anything metallic and he didn't have any rope on him, to just let it go. He then continues, now on foot, towards the bar named Puzzle.

You find the bar, but it is now up in flames. Looking in, you see a woman slumped unconsciously against the bar. The flames are starting to reach the bar, and parts of the ceiling are starting to collapse. What do you do?

Casey looks at the crumpled body of the octopus man, terrified. In the back of his mind he knew that he hadn't tried to, that he had been defending himself. Still, that fact didn't make the harsh reality that he had just beaten a man into a unconscious lump without lifting a finger.

Still terrified, Casey continues to run, just trying to escape what has happened.

Everything is in Blink now.

You run away from the chaos, very much shaken up over what just transpired. You see a fight going on down the street, but it's hard to tell what's happening from this distance. The situation seems to be calming down by now, but the fact that you've managed to break most laws of physics half a dozen times in the last minute is still getting to you.

Dr. Reinher

Seeing nothing useful, the doctor tries to at least tie the creature's hands behind it with the remnants of his tie.

I think this would be a Sleight of Hand check, but I'm not sure. Only taking a round or so to do this.
[roll0]

Turning to the other battles that he can see through the dust, Dr. Reinher sees that two of them have ended. The last, a girl being assaulted by a costumed man throwing bolts of energy, seems fairly clear-cut, so he intervenes.

Not sure if there are any range modifiers
Attack [roll1]

His eye rays shoot wide, scorching the wall behind the costumed magus.

Energy blasts forth from your eyes, knocking the coat-clad man from the air. The woman seems to be very calm despite the man's antagonizing, and the man whirls around to face you. The blast has burned the back of his coat, and he turns towards you with a furious expression.

"Who are you to strike a someone such as I, you wretch!" he shouts at you.

He rises to his feet, a ray of dark energy blasting towards you from his hands. This ray seems to strike into your mind as well as your body, feeling unlike anything you were expecting.

This one is Perception range, so it hits automatically. Make a Will save against DC 23.

The teen nearly jumps as a black energy blot zips past her and startles her as she was looking for her next destination

"Uh. Charmed, i'm sure ? I'm..." Oh yeah mind still blank, only name that feels vaguely right for some reason is Esemeralda but somehow she's not sure she want to tell what could be her real name to someone who throw bolt of energy to get your attention. "Miss Green. "Do I know you or something ?" Well he doesn't fell familiar, not that it means much and he said something about someone else being empowered. So apparently he decided to attack her because she was there. Who thinks like that ?
"Look I'm sure it's be an epic battle an all,Very impressive coat" "but I was kind of busy helping people here ?. Maybe we could do that later ? Or not at all ?" her feet thinks a little in the ground that shimmers around her, ready to rise and intercept any more bolts of energy.

And then someone else tries to attack him in turn with some laser beams. And looking around, apparently there's an unconscious squid man and a woman in metal who ,just got their ass whooped by other people as well. Why is everyone fighting when there was a freaking tornado just tend second ago, did she miss a memo somewhere. "Yeesh what is it with you people ? Was everyone sprayed with crazy gas or what ?"

Kinda missed two rounds here, bleh. Sorry had a bit of a block because wasn't sure how I wanted the character to react to this. She is pretty laid back to someone trying to atomize her.

Just taking a defensive action:
Taking a standart action for defensive action . Dodge: [roll0] (if the D20 roll is under 10 add 10) result of the roll is temporary defense untill next round

Sleight of hands seems about right

The 'Lord Etheric' character falls from the air, getting up to attack the man who fired lasers at him. He no longer seems to be paying attention to you.

That's alright; I've been hung up on stuff like that before. It's just good to know that you're still in this.

Arcran
2014-07-24, 10:31 PM
Casey sprints the opposite direction from the fight, doing his best to just stay as far away as possible from all that is going on. He doesn't want to have to fight somebody else!

ChaosArchon
2014-07-24, 10:39 PM
Seeing the woman is in mortal peril, Cody somehow manages to conjure a black hole below her, and she suddenly reappears right in his arms. As she looks at her savoir, he flashes her a smile and says,"No need to thank me, I was just in the neighborhood." and then winks at her.

not that OOC I care, but in IC Cody would care very much... is she hot?

smuchmuch
2014-07-25, 12:26 PM
Since she's ignored now, Miss Green would let these people duke it out but the way they are going at it, they are going to hurt someone who has nothing to with this ro cause some massive propreties damage. she think she saw a child run away in the corner of her vision, hope the little guy wasn't hur. first the flying guy while he's still in her range, besides he seems the angrier of the two.

taking another firm stance over the ground and bring her hands in front of her. As she uses her power more, she get the impression the hand gestures aren't actualy necessary but they help direct and control. A ripple goes starts under her feet and travels through the street up to the place wxhere the man in black stands and once again the ground cleaves and rises into two barrier about waist level around the man, the top has a slight crenelation that make it looks like an open mouth. She closes her hands together and the maw of concrete closes quickly but delicately (she doesn't want to crush him) around Goth guy then separates into serpentine ribbons that attempt to wraps themselves tightly around him.

Snare:
Affliction (8), Resisted by dodge; (hindered and vulnerable, defenseless and immobilized)
Extra: Extra condition, Ranged, cumulative
Flaw: Limited degree, Medium: Urban material
Accurate (4)

[roll0]

A key word being 'attempt'. "Uh oh" As her target gets plenty of time to step out, Miss green decide that maybe she'll try to work less on impressive and more on "quick" for the next time she tries that move.

In the meantime, speaking of quick she saw what happened to the other sucker and since she doesn't feel to be blasted by dark energy and quickly on her feet break into a run and rolls behind a convenient bit of cover from the gaze of goth guy before he has time to turn his attention back to her and give a killer stare.

Well I still have a move action. If there's anything in the street providing some cover from goth guy( most likely car parked along the sideway, I would expect ?) she moves behind (ready to provide an acrobatic check (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4584814/) for tumbling there if necessary)

edit: Well that's some awfull rolling through and true, nice to see my luck with dice rollers hasn't changed ><

J-H
2014-07-25, 09:50 PM
Dr. Reinher

The doctor stumbles back, tripping over the curb behind him and falling on his rear. He has enough presence of mind to aim another eye blast at his foe, but nothing more.

Attack [roll0] DC25 if hit

Dudeons
2014-07-27, 08:57 PM
Seeing the woman is in mortal peril, Cody somehow manages to conjure a black hole below her, and she suddenly reappears right in his arms. As she looks at her savoir, he flashes her a smile and says,"No need to thank me, I was just in the neighborhood." and then winks at her.

not that OOC I care, but in IC Cody would care very much... is she hot?

Eh, 6.5/10.

As you form a portal under the woman, she doesn't come out the other end. You're not sure if your powers have failed, but the woman has straight up vanished. A bright flash suddenly hits you in the side of the head, knocking you to the ground like a laser blast.

Attack: 26
Toughness DC: 23

Since she's ignored now, Miss Green would let these people duke it out but the way they are going at it, they are going to hurt someone who has nothing to with this ro cause some massive propreties damage. she think she saw a child run away in the corner of her vision, hope the little guy wasn't hur. first the flying guy while he's still in her range, besides he seems the angrier of the two.

taking another firm stance over the ground and bring her hands in front of her. As she uses her power more, she get the impression the hand gestures aren't actualy necessary but they help direct and control. A ripple goes starts under her feet and travels through the street up to the place wxhere the man in black stands and once again the ground cleaves and rises into two barrier about waist level around the man, the top has a slight crenelation that make it looks like an open mouth. She closes her hands together and the maw of concrete closes quickly but delicately (she doesn't want to crush him) around Goth guy then separates into serpentine ribbons that attempt to wraps themselves tightly around him.

Snare:
Affliction (8), Resisted by dodge; (hindered and vulnerable, defenseless and immobilized)
Extra: Extra condition, Ranged, cumulative
Flaw: Limited degree, Medium: Urban material
Accurate (4)

[roll0]

You reach out, manipulating the concrete up around Lord Etheric. He takes notice of this as you do so as the other man blasts him with some kind of eye beam again. He forms a quick shield of energy in front of him as he gets struck, deflecting most of the blast to the concrete around, although some still gets through and smears his excessively goth makeup. He looks back at you, seeing you motioning.
"Of course you would strike me when I turned my back," Etheric says, his maniacal grin now in a sullen frown, "Do not test my wrath, harlot!"
Etheric takes to the air, whirling around you at high speed and bombarding you with several bolts of dark energy.

All-out Attack for 2 points: The attack is Perception-ranged, so it hits. Roll Toughness against DC 25.
Etheric is now at a total of -2 for Toughness.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-27, 09:05 PM
Just as Cody thinks he's save and was about to receive a kiss from a reasonably attractive girl, the girl vanished. To make matters worse a blast of light hits his head. However the field of heavier gravity still swirls around him, providing him some protection from the blast, but as he gets hit he thinks,"This really is not my day is it."

Toughness resist:[roll0] oh god that is a horrible roll...

smuchmuch
2014-07-28, 12:29 AM
"Oow." A bold singes her on the side. Is it that she steeped of the way or that she's tougher than she seems, but ti doesn't seems to have done as much damage as it seems it should. Still hurt a lot though.

"Harlot !?" Oh no he didn't ! She's not... well no memories aside, she's pretty sure she's not. Nor will she take that kind of uncalled for trash talk from someone who wears even more make up than she does "Was just trying to restrain you while you calmed up but be that way" she hisses between her teeth while taking a tumble to the side to avoid another volley of shot, one nevertheless grazing her.

She crouches and in a smooth leg movement traces a circle of her foot. The grounds rises around her and forms a thin precarious dome of concrete around her.

The attack is Perception-ranged, so it hits.
I did say she was diving to cover tho. Cover provides concealment.Guess she failed to reach it in time.

So I'll make my own:
Using continuous Create object (10) extra: Continuous, Flaw:Source to create a concrete dome as cover.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/Illustrations/small/GvG_zps7b2c19ce.png

Okay so that's not exactly how it looks like (the thing is actualy smaller and she's crouched and under a bit of pressure) but that's the general spirit of it. :smalltongue:
The dome as an opening but he wants to he'll have to get a lot closer or break the object first.

Should be noted than she can actually do some distance attacks on air target, I just kinda made up the self imposed restriction that she hasn't figured it out yet.

J-H
2014-07-29, 08:29 AM
Dr. Reinher
Wilhelm decides to try something different. Lasers are bright lights, after all.

Dazzle effect with lasers, to-hit [roll0]
DC 25 Fort save.
One degree of failure leaves the sense impaired (–2 penalty). Two degrees leave it disabled (–5 penalty) while three degrees leave the sense unaware: The target automatically fails Perception checks involving the sense, and everything effectively has total concealment from that sense.
The target makes a new resistance check at the end of each turn to recover. Success removes the condition imposed by the Dazzle power. Failure means it persists.

Arcran
2014-07-29, 08:48 AM
As Casey flees from the attack he looks back for half a second, watching the freaks battle one another. When he turns back he has just enough time to see the portal before tumbling into it headfirst.

The next portal is just a few feet off the ground, depositing him with a thud on top of a concrete dome.

Two ranks of Quick Gate. Rest is still in Blink.

ChaosArchon
2014-07-29, 03:54 PM
Miracuously surviving the attack, Cody turns around to see if he can tell where is attacker is while he shouts,"What the hell is wrong with all you people. A little freak explosion and you think it gives you the right to attack whoever you want?! You better hope you're not still here when the cops get here or I am gonna sue your ass so hard that in 1000 years your family will still owe me!"

yay, I'm playing the entitled rich tool :smallsigh: don't worry he'll improve eventually but this is him for right now

Dudeons
2014-08-01, 11:38 PM
"Oow." A bold singes her on the side. Is it that she steeped of the way or that she's tougher than she seems, but ti doesn't seems to have done as much damage as it seems it should. Still hurt a lot though.

"Harlot !?" Oh no he didn't ! She's not... well no memories aside, she's pretty sure she's not. Nor will she take that kind of uncalled for trash talk from someone who wears even more make up than she does "Was just trying to restrain you while you calmed up but be that way" she hisses between her teeth while taking a tumble to the side to avoid another volley of shot, one nevertheless grazing her.

She crouches and in a smooth leg movement traces a circle of her foot. The grounds rises around her and forms a thin precarious dome of concrete around her.

I did say she was diving to cover tho. Cover provides concealment.Guess she failed to reach it in time.

So I'll make my own:
Using continuous Create object (10) extra: Continuous, Flaw:Source to create a concrete dome as cover.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/Illustrations/small/GvG_zps7b2c19ce.png

Okay so that's not exactly how it looks like (the thing is actualy smaller and she's crouched and under a bit of pressure) but that's the general spirit of it. :smalltongue:
The dome as an opening but he wants to he'll have to get a lot closer or break the object first.

Should be noted than she can actually do some distance attacks on air target, I just kinda made up the self imposed restriction that she hasn't figured it out yet.

Lord Etheric is surprised by the concrete dome you've created. He decides to deal with you later, focusing on the man shooting lasers at him. As he turns to attack, the man fires a broad, less intense laser that blinds the man, causing him to hurl blasts of energy about at random.

Dr. Reinher
Wilhelm decides to try something different. Lasers are bright lights, after all.

Dazzle effect with lasers, to-hit [roll0]
DC 25 Fort save.
One degree of failure leaves the sense impaired (–2 penalty). Two degrees leave it disabled (–5 penalty) while three degrees leave the sense unaware: The target automatically fails Perception checks involving the sense, and everything effectively has total concealment from that sense.
The target makes a new resistance check at the end of each turn to recover. Success removes the condition imposed by the Dazzle power. Failure means it persists.

As you see Lord Etheric turn towards you, you attempt to disperse the light in order to make it blinding rather than piercing. Lord Etheric turns towards you, about to blast you right as you fire, hitting him full force in the face. He falls back, unable to see. He hurls bolts of energy about at random, trying to see if he'll hit something, anything. His bolts go about in random directions, none getting close to you or the woman, who has created a concrete dome around herself.

Massive fail on Etheric's part; now he is Unaware visually.

As Casey flees from the attack he looks back for half a second, watching the freaks battle one another. When he turns back he has just enough time to see the portal before tumbling into it headfirst.

The next portal is just a few feet off the ground, depositing him with a thud on top of a concrete dome.

Two ranks of Quick Gate. Rest is still in Blink.

The bullet tosses you out gracelessly, hurling you on top of a concrete dome that one of the empowered people created. Someone else fires intensely bright light into a flying man's eyes, leaving him blind. He fires bolts of energy about the place, unable to see.

Miraculously surviving the attack, Cody turns around to see if he can tell where is attacker is while he shouts,"What the hell is wrong with all you people. A little freak explosion and you think it gives you the right to attack whoever you want?! You better hope you're not still here when the cops get here or I am gonna sue your ass so hard that in 1000 years your family will still owe me!"

yay, I'm playing the entitled rich tool :smallsigh: don't worry he'll improve eventually but this is him for right now

((Everyone's got to start somewhere, right? :smallwink:))

A heavy man comes out from a nearby shop, wearing a shirt with some band you've never heard of on it and some worn jeans. He seems to be accompanied by several duplicates of himself. He seems rather 'out of it', as though he's on drugs. He smiles lazily, beating a crowbar against his palm. He seems to 'flicker' at the edges, sort of wavering in form like a TV screen losing signal.

ChaosArchon
2014-08-01, 11:51 PM
His motorcycle has been wrecked, he's been attacked twice now, and now his favorite jacket was probably burning in the bar while this punk was trying to pick a fight with him. Cody was pissed.

As he starred at the imbecile who had deigned to try and threaten him, Cody began to get angrier and angrier the more he looked at his smug mug. Objects begin to dip up and down around him as the local gravity surrounding him fluctuates. At points there is absolutely no gravity, as if the spot was in space, whereas others had forces that would make the sun jealous. "You know what punk? F*** you, f*** all of this!" Cody says as he hurls a disk of complete darkness at the center-most image.

Cosmic Bolt: [roll0]

Arcran
2014-08-02, 12:05 PM
Casey looks around in terror. A man uses laser vision, blinding another, just like Cyclops from the comics. The blinded man flings energy all over, generally causing chaos.

Then he sees multiple men that look exactly the same step out from a shop, only for a man to just begin shooting lasers at them! It was a bit too much for Casey, and the young boy looks at the man throwing darkness at the duplicated man.

"Stop swearing!" Casey shouts lamely, his anger rising towards the man throwing energy.

Unsurprisingly, a load of junk appears above the man and, with an alarming rapidity, slams into him over and over.

Sorry, it just feels In-Character.

Ten ranks of Portal Throw - 31 PP
Four ranks of Blink - 24 PP

Using Portal Throw (Perception Range) on Cody. DC 25 Toughness.

smuchmuch
2014-08-08, 09:44 PM
Hearing sounds of multiple hits around her, miss green takes a peek outside of her dome. It seems that whatever happened her aggressor is now flaying around like a blind man and throwing energies balls all round.

Miss Green sighs and put on arm against the dome; She doesn't want to attack people as much as she can but it seems clear that 'Lord Aetheric' is not going to talked down, so he's gotta be put down before he hurts himself or others. But how does she reach him upstairs. hey maybe laser guy is super strong and could send her upward like a cannonball. Fastball special that would be so cool !

Oh wait no she doesn't even know the guy and he might just be as berserk crazy as Lord whatever (she hopes she doesn't have to put him down next as well). Besides he's a little far, by the time she goes there ans talk to him, goth guy will probably have heard her and might take a shot.

As she put her hand over the domes, somehow the concrete seems to act is if was almost a fluid rather than tearing up in big panels and some of it wraps around her arm. she's not sure how she did this but once again it feels 'right'. She swings her arm and send a glob of the semi liquid in direction of the flying goth guy. Mid air the blob seems to re solidify in a sphere of solid concrete again around the size of a fist. Oh dear ,she hopes it won't break anything, she didn't want to hurt him, but he's kind of deserved it.

I am honestly sad that we don't have a paragon/powerhouse to make some fastball special (http://marvel.wikia.com/Glossary:Fastball_Special). Maybe something with portals ?

Damage (8)
Extra: ranged, accurate (3), flaw: urban materials, variable descriptor
current desciptor: Concrete projectile

[roll0]

Lord Aetheric is blind which mean he is both unaware visually and vulnerable (so he loose half his defenses)