PDA

View Full Version : Boosting ability scores out the wazoo

Max Caysey
2014-07-15, 06:58 AM
Hi...

I'm looking for ways of boosting ability scores, in particular con, without the use of spells or items. (Tomes are valid though).

The thing is, I'm trying to build something nasty... and therefore class abilities and templates to boost stats are what I need. I'm going for a max of 20 class levels.

I so far have the Vild, Half-Minotaur, Feral templates... the warshaper and the war hulk classes.

Im not building anything in particular yet, but it will be something based on physical stats and no spell casting.

NB: No pun pun stuff.

I hope you guys will help me

Catalysis
2014-07-15, 07:27 AM
Err, I have something, but you will not like it...
Stoneblessed (class, races of stone) 3, you now count as a dwarf for further prerequisite. +2 to con granted by the class.

Dwarven paragon (class, unearthed arcana) (you can take the class since you are considered a dwarf) 3 also gives a +2 to con.

Vow of poverty (feat) can give you a total of +8 enhancement bonus to a stat (constitution), as well as +6, +4 and +2 to other stats of your choice over the course of 20 levels. (BoED p. 30ish)

Forsaker (class, master of the wild) gives one inherent bonus to any stat every level, so you end up with a +10 in constitution at level 10.

The troll bloodline gives a +1 to con at level 12.

Assuming you put your 5 increases gained from level 4, 8, 12, 16 and 20 (for a total of +5 in constitution), you will add +28 to your (level 1) constitution score over the course of 20 levels.

Have fun!

Catalysis

Wacky89
2014-07-15, 07:44 AM
Arctic Dragonborn Mineral Warrior Half-Minotaur Lesser Ooze Paragenasi

+18 Con
LA +2

Max Caysey
2014-07-15, 04:12 PM
Thanks... Thats awesome!

Giddonihah
2014-07-15, 04:24 PM
The Chameleon prestige can give up to +6 to Con, but you have to be Human (or Human suptype) and it would take 10lvls to get the +6.

bekeleven
2014-07-15, 06:27 PM
The Chameleon prestige can give up to +6 to Con, but you have to be Human (or Human suptype) and it would take 10lvls to get the +6.

While you're human, you might as well qualify for chameleon trivially through the Human Paragon class. Which gives +2 to one ability score.

Ganorenas
2014-07-15, 09:11 PM
For templates you can try Lolth-Touched

You need to be Evil and get Lolth's attention, but it gives +6 Str/Con for +1 LA

(Un)Inspired
2014-07-15, 11:26 PM
Take levels in a savage progression template like half celestial and LA buy them off one at a time so you don't have to deal with LA 4 all at once. That's another +4 to con