PDA

View Full Version : giving psycristal to Sorcerer

With a box
2014-07-15, 07:07 AM
just change everything say manifest to caster and name it like spellgem(it reminds me the spelljammer)
is that looks a booster to sorcerer.
will lt brake game?(Sorcerer can brake the game, but..)
will lt suit well with to fluff of sorcerers?

KillianHawkeye
2014-07-15, 07:12 AM
Well the psicrystal is just the psionic version of a familiar. Sorcerers already get a familiar.

So........ I guess you could do that, but I'm not sure what the benefit is. :smallconfused::smallconfused:

With a box
2014-07-15, 07:25 AM
Well the psicrystal is just the psionic version of a familiar. Sorcerers already get a familiar.

So........ I guess you could do that, but I'm not sure what the benefit is. :smallconfused::smallconfused:

why i thought that psycristal get half manifest level of owner's?

Psyren
2014-07-15, 07:49 AM
why i thought that psycristal get half manifest level of owner's?

No, psicrystals don't get a manifester level. The only way to do this is with an epic feat.

Segev
2014-07-15, 08:25 AM
There also exists a spell called Imbue Familiar With Spell Ability (http://dndtools.eu/spells/complete-arcane--55/imbue-familiar-with-spell-ability--580/) which can let you offload spells to your familiar, giving it some casting ability. No need to make a psicrystal out of your familiar to do it.

Vortenger
2014-07-15, 02:32 PM
Psicrystals have the [psionic] subtype...and that's about it. You can take Hidden Talent and other psionic feats (unless this is PF we're talking about, then no dice). As far as I know, Hidden Talent is the only way pre-20 to get a ML on a crystal at all. And that ML would be very, very low.

Compare to any sorcerer that takes the Improved Familiar feat and gets a familiar with actual spell-likes or low grade casting of its own.

Psyren
2014-07-15, 02:58 PM
Hidden Talent specifies that it doesn't actually give a ML; rather, you're just treated as having ML 1 for the purposes of manifesting the power it gives you.

Instead of Imbue with SA however, psions can use Soul Crystal to hand powers off to their psicrystals for use and action economy goodness.

Vaz
2014-07-15, 03:19 PM
Why not just play a Psion, then?