PDA

View Full Version : Lore help. please

Cioffaz
2014-07-15, 08:30 AM
Hi all,
I'm starting to read the new ruleset and try to understand the new mechanics and features but, in the meantime, a question rises: from a lore point of view, how can i approach the 5th edition and the Forgotten Realms in particular?

I've left the Realms with the 3rd edition, switching to PF, but in the meantime i've read that many many things changed and also the lore/background of the setting has been changed alot. I've also start to read The Sundering novels serie but i'm asking also your advice and help!

Let me know, thanks!
-Andrea

Fwiffo86
2014-07-15, 09:53 AM
Hi all,
I'm starting to read the new ruleset and try to understand the new mechanics and features but, in the meantime, a question rises: from a lore point of view, how can i approach the 5th edition and the Forgotten Realms in particular?

I've left the Realms with the 3rd edition, switching to PF, but in the meantime i've read that many many things changed and also the lore/background of the setting has been changed alot. I've also start to read The Sundering novels serie but i'm asking also your advice and help!

Let me know, thanks!
-Andrea

I'm pretty sure someone posted the article that says Forgotten Realms IS the default setting for 5e. So it should all be explained to you by the books. But if you want more specific info, I think you will have to wait until the actual PHB is released.

SpawnOfMorbo
2014-07-15, 10:00 AM
I'm pretty sure someone posted the article that says Forgotten Realms IS the default setting for 5e. So it should all be explained to you by the books. But if you want more specific info, I think you will have to wait until the actual PHB is released.

Yup, it is the base world for 5e.

Cioffaz
2014-07-15, 10:01 AM
Searching the article now, thanks!

The lore extracted from the novels serie, and from Legacy of the Crystal Shard and Murder in Baldur's Gate is different from the "old" one i played few years ago...The Sundering, Aberi and Toril, the Spellplague, the new Table of Fate, the end of the Era pf Upheaval, the new Chosens of the Gods...the new Gods.. :D

It's a bit messy now in my mind...any help would be greatly appreciated!
-Andrea

Fwiffo86
2014-07-15, 10:06 AM
Searching the article now, thanks!

The lore extracted from the novels serie, and from Legacy of the Crystal Shard and Murder in Baldur's Gate is different from the "old" one i played few years ago...The Sundering, Aberi and Toril, the Spellplague, the new Table of Fate, the end of the Era pf Upheaval, the new Chosens of the Gods...the new Gods.. :D

It's a bit messy now in my mind...any help would be greatly appreciated!
-Andrea

Best Yoda Voice: You must unlearn, what you have learned....

RedWarlock
2014-07-15, 10:29 AM
The FR wiki is probably your best bet keeping all the data straight. Start trawling.