PDA

View Full Version : Question about heretic of the faith

Joe Eskimo
2014-07-16, 06:30 AM
I want to take Eberron's Exorcism domain for a cleric but we're playing FR. I know heretic of the faith allows you to swap one of your domains for another domain even one outside your deity's available domains. So could I take any domain even one outside my campaign setting? If this is possible who's granting me power over this domain?

Inevitability
2014-07-16, 06:36 AM
I want to take Eberron's Exorcism domain for a cleric but we're playing FR. I know heretic of the faith allows you to swap one of your domains for another domain even one outside your deity's available domains. So could I take any domain even one outside my campaign setting? If this is possible who's granting me power over this domain?

Ask your DM. Most DM's have a list of allowed sources for their games. Chances are stuff from other campaign settings won't be on it, though.

And as for who's granting you power, I'd say your normal deity does. He's the one you are getting spells from, after all. Again, ask your DM. He might even make a subplot of it.

Also, I believe that you can travel from the FR to Eberron through the plane of shadow. Don't know if this is relevant.

Studoku
2014-07-16, 06:38 AM
There's no reason you couldn't take a domain outside the setting. Other than "The new domain must be consistant with the tenents of your heresy (as adjudicated by the DM)" but I don't see a problem here.

Your spells and powers are still granted by your deity.