PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 PEACH] How useful are those immunities?

Catalysis
2014-07-16, 09:05 AM
I need advice about those three immunities. Which one is the best?

Stun immunity:
I have yet to find a good summary of what can stun you, and I guess it depends how much your AC is based around bonus who wear off if you loose your dexterity to AC...

Non-lethal damage immunity:
It might be considered the most useless (not including regeneration cheese), but after reading sandstorm...

Critical (and precision based damage) immunity:
I have never been sneak attacked as a player, but surely, some monster must deal extra precision based damage? Maybe critical immunity is worth more than what it seems...

Thanks in advance for letting me know what you think about those!

Catalysis

lytokk
2014-07-16, 09:10 AM
Depending on the dm I'd say precision damage immunity would be the best if you mostly deal with enemies that try to smash you to death. In higher power games I'd imagine the best would be stun immunity. Of course precision immunity would meek you immune to sneak attach or cou de gras attacks while stunned so I guess I'd go with precision immunity being the best. But I have to say I'm in and run lower power games

Catalysis
2014-07-16, 09:27 AM
Depending on the dm I'd say precision damage immunity would be the best if you mostly deal with enemies that try to smash you to death. In higher power games I'd imagine the best would be stun immunity. Of course precision immunity would meek you immune to sneak attach or cou de gras attacks while stunned so I guess I'd go with precision immunity being the best. But I have to say I'm in and run lower power games

Interesting! So beeing stunned would only make me loose my turns...

Thanks lytokk!

lytokk
2014-07-16, 09:44 AM
The problem with being stunned however is when your stunned. If you're flying and get stunned then to the ground you may fall. Swimming and then to the bottom of the lake you go. Running from a boulder and then squash. Like I said depends on the dm you have as to such is better. I more than likely wouldn't do these things to a PC but some dms may.

Catalysis
2014-07-16, 10:12 AM
The problem with being stunned however is when your stunned. If you're flying and get stunned then to the ground you may fall. Swimming and then to the bottom of the lake you go. Running from a boulder and then squash. Like I said depends on the dm you have as to such is better. I more than likely wouldn't do these things to a PC but some dms may.

Hmmm, I see. I will definetly consider asking my DM:smallsmile:

Skevvix
2014-07-16, 03:10 PM
For me I would say Stun is the best, as you can very easily get crit immunity from Heavy Fortification on your armor/bracers. Stun is a lot more difficult to get as it would require a custom item unless I missed one somewhere.

lytokk
2014-07-16, 03:43 PM
My assumption was that he might be running with a warforged, since I know you can get precision damage immunity or non-lethal immunity through feats. I thought you could become immune to stun, but I can't find the feat for it.

Seffbasilisk
2014-07-16, 08:30 PM
If you have a miss chance, they can't get off precision damage. Things like sneak attack don't work when exposed to things like a Mithralmist Shirt.

Stun immunity is the hardest to get; Unless you're going troll-blooded bone-knight to convert everything to a damage type you don't have, subdual damage isn't as common as you'd think. It's not a pillowfight, and many things if they can't knock you out gently, will kill you rather than have to deal with you in a time and place not of their choosing. If you're looking for immunity to stun, you've likely stumbled onto cursed items, and that is hardest and most valuable. To me at least. IMNSHO

Catalysis
2014-07-16, 08:49 PM
My assumption was that he might be running with a warforged, since I know you can get precision damage immunity or non-lethal immunity through feats. I thought you could become immune to stun, but I can't find the feat for it.

Good insight,
stun immunity is gained through the third level of the warforged paladin racial substitution.