PDA

View Full Version : Zones of Wild Magic in Eberron?

Zombimode
2014-07-16, 12:12 PM
Velrocs are creatures detailed in Dragon Magic. They are dragon-like creatures evolved from true dragons that made their homes in areas of Wild Magic. It is also said that they can be found everywhere on Eberron, with Khorvaire especially mentioned.

Velrocs don't need Wild Magic zones to breed true, but for them to came into existence, there has to be a Wild Magic zone somewhere.

Wild Magic (and Dead Magic) always struck me as a "Realmsy" feature and I wasn't aware that they exist on Eberron.

Are Wild Magic zones specifically mentioned somewhere in the Eberron supplements?

Psyren
2014-07-16, 12:14 PM
Yeah - the Mournland is basically a magically radioactive wasteland and so it's full of dead, wild and otherwise abnormal magic areas. Anything weird you need magic-wise can come out of there.

EDIT: Also Xoriat (the plane of...weirdness basically) has manifest zones pop up on Eberron whenever it becomes coterminous so you can have wild-magic-based creatures come out of one of those patches.

Dusk Eclipse
2014-07-16, 12:15 PM
I don't remember if they are mentioned, but you have the mournlands for all your needs for "Wacky" unusual circumstance such as Wild Magic Zones.

Gildedragon
2014-07-16, 06:50 PM
Thirding the mournlands, and xoriat man zones

also the demon wastes, dal quor man zones, and the forest realm man zones...