PDA

View Full Version : Original System Generica-Digimon Version

Philemonite
2014-07-16, 02:09 PM
I am currently working on a Digimon tabletop, using my Generica system, designed to emulate JRPGs. You can find the Shin Megami Tensei version here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?335439-Generica-Shin-Megami-Tensei-version).

The families remain relatively the same, with only two changes. First, Metal Empire has been removed. ME Digimon will be moved to other families. Second, Jungle Troopers have been split in two groups. Plant Digimon remain Jungle Troopers, but Insect Digimon are moved to Insect Empire.

Dragon's Roar
This family consists of draconic and dinosaur Digimon. Their primary attribute is Strength with Agility and Vitality as secondary. They are physical attackers usually capable of increasing their already considerable attack power. Their Armor Digivolutions are born from Digi-Egg of Courage. Fire elemental.

Nature's Spirits
This family consist of various beast Digimon. Their primary attribute is Vitality, with Strength and Wisdom as secondary. They are physical defenders capable of increasing their already considerable defenses. Their Armor Digivolutions are born from Digi-Egg of Friendship. Earth elemental.

Deep Savers
This family consist of various aquatic Digimon. As the most versatile family they have balanced stats and techniques. Their Armor Digivolutions are born from Digi-Egg of Reliability. Water/Ice elemental.

Wind Guardians
This family consist of various avian Digimon. Their primary attribute is Agility, with Strength and Intelligence as secondary. They combine superior evasion with both physical and magical attacks. Their Armor Digivolutions are born from Digi-Egg of Love. Wind elemental.

Insect Empire
This family consists of various insect Digimon. Their primary attribute is Intelligence, with Vitality and Willpower as secondary. They are magical attackers. Their Armor Digivolutions are born from Digi-Egg of Knowledge. Lightning elemental.

Jungle Troopers
This family consists of various plant Digimon. Their primary attribute is Willpower, with Wisdom and Intelligence as secondary. They specialize in crippling their enemies with various negative effects. Their Armor Digivolutions are born from Digi-Egg of Sincerity. Wood elemental.

Nightmare Soldiers
This family consists of various dark and undead Digimon. Their primary attribute is Willpower, with Intelligence and Agility as secondary. They specialize in crippling their enemies with various afflictions. Their Armor Digivolutions are born from Digi-Egg of Darkness. Dark elemental.

Virus Busters
This family consists of various holy Digimon. Their primary attribute is Wisdom. They are magical defenders capable of supporting their allies. Their Armor Digivolutions are born from Digi-Egg of Light. Light elemental.

Every Digi-Destined starts with one Digi-Egg, and can acquire others through the adventures.
This game uses the standard 8 base Digi-Eggs with one exception, Digi-Egg of hope is replaced by Digi-Egg of Darkness. The reason for this it for every family to have it's own Digi-Egg.

Six attributes

I use six attributes that define every digimon. This is also affected by the family that that particular digimon belongs to.
They are similar to D&D ability score, but some of them have a slightly different purpose.

Strength-It affects your Physical Attack(PA) and slightly boosts the damage of physical abilities.
Vitality-It affects your Physical Evade(PE) and Physical Defense(PD).
Agility-It affects Initiative and evade.
Intelligence-It affects your Magical Attack(MA) and slightly boosts the damage of magical abilities.
Wisdom-It affects your Magical Evade(ME), Magical Defense(MD) and support magic(healing and buffs).
Willpower-It affects your Affliction Evade(AE) Affliction Attack(AA) and Affliction Defense(AD).

Every digimon starts with 15 points to distribute among this 6 attributes. Maximum is 5 and minimum is 0. You also get a bonus to your base stats that is based on your digimon's family. This bonus is +3 for the primary attribute, +2 for 2 secondary attributes and +1 to the remaining 3 attributes. Deep Savers can arrange their attributes as they want.
At level 3, and every two levels after that you add +1 to two attributes of your choice.
To gain a level your character needs to gain 10 EXP. Encounters usually provide somewhere between 2 and 5 EXP. DM can give EXP for RP actions, if it is fitting.

Secondary stats

Initiative-3d6+Agility
Physical Attack(PA)-3d6+Strength+1/2 level
Magical Attack(MA)-3d6+Intelligence+1/2 level
Affliction Attack(AA)-3d6+Willpower+1/2 level
Physical Evade(PE)-8+Agility+Vitality+1/2 level
Magical Evade(ME)-8+Agility+Wisdom+1/2 level
Affliction Evade(AE)-8+Agility+Willpower+1/2 level
Physical Defense(PD)-Vitality+1/2 level
Magical Defense(MD)-Wisdom+1/2 level
Affliction Defense(AD)-Willpower+1/2 level
HP-10+level*3+Vitality*2+Strength

Digivolution

Digivolution is divided in two parts: Standard Digivolution(from Rookie to Champion) and Armor Digivolution.
At the start of every turn your digimon gains two energy points to add to his Digi-Eggs. You can't put more then one point into one single Digi-Egg per turn. In order to activate Armor digivolution, your digimon needs at least three energy points. One energy point is spent on digivolution. At the end of his turn your digimon spends two points of energy to maintain Armor Digivolution. This energy must come from the Digi-Egg you used to digivolve. If the digimon has no energy at the end of the turn he reverts to his Rookie form. Armor Digivolution grants you bonus to your attributes based on your family(detailed in the attribute section). It also grants you two abilities from your Armor form.
Digivolving into a Champion form requires more energy. Instead of gaining 2 energy points for your Digi-Eggs, you can choose to gain one Digivolution point. Once you have three Digivolution points you can spend one point to digivolve into your Champion form. Champion form functions similar to Armor form with two big differences. First, you spend Digivolution points to maintain Champion form. Second, you gain +1 to all attributes in addition to the bonus granted by your family.

Abilities

Every digimon has at least 2 abilities. This are special moves that can be used in combat. Most abilities are offensive, however, some abilities focus on healing and buffing.

Standard offensive ability deals damage equal to 1d8+3+1/5 of the attack roll+1/2 of digimon's level. If an ability can inflict ailment the 1d8+3 is replaced with 1d4+2.
Let's say you are using Spiral Twister with your Biyomon. Your Biyomon is level 4, and he has Intelligence of 6. That means his MA is 3d6+8(Intelligence +1/2 level).
You roll 3d6 and the result is 12. Adding 8 to that makes it 20.
You roll 1d8 and get a result of 4. Adding 3 to this makes it 7.
Your final damage (if the attack hits) is 7+4(20/5)+2(4/2)=13.
Not all abilities are the same. Accurate abilities have +1 bonus to their attack roll, but they have a reduces damage die(d8->d6). Powerful abilities have increased damage die(d8->d10), but they suffer -1 to their attack roll.
Support abilities are used to heal and buff your allies. A standard healing ability heals 1d4+4+Wisdom/3 points of damage. Abilities that buff a particular secondary stat give a 2+Wisdom/3 bonus for 3 turns. Abilities that impose penalties give 2+Willpower/3 penalty.
When using an ability you can spend energy to increase the ability's effect. Every energy point gives an extra die of damage for offensive abilities. Buffs/debuffs receive +2 to their effect for every energy point spent. Healing abilities gain an extra 1d4+2 for every energy point spent.
Each digimon that participates in combat gets one minor and one standard action every turn. Standard action allows you to use one of your abilities, but they can be exchanged for one digivolution point or 2 energy points. Minor actions are used to digivolve or revert, but they can be exchanged for one energy point.

Character Creation

-Pick your Rookie digimon.
-Arrange his attributes and calculate his secondary stats.
-Pick two abilities your digimon can use.
-Pick his Champion form and calculate his attributes/secondary stats.
-Pick two abilities for your Champion form.
-Pick one Digi-Egg to start with.
-Pick the Armor form for your chosen Digi-Egg and calculate his attributes/secondary stats.
-Pick two abilities for your Armor form.
Every time you gain another Digi-Egg you need to pick another Armor form, related to that Digi-Egg.

-------------------------------------------------------------

What I actually need:

I need help designing abilities that the digimon will use. Each ability should be marked as Physical, Magical, Affliction or Support, and in case of Affliction it should have some kind of negative effect. Each ability should also belong to one of 9 elements(Fire, Earth, Water, Ice, Wind, Lightning, Wood, Dark and Light). Here's an example:

Flower Cannon
Type:Magical
Effect:Damage
Elemental:Wood

I will crunch the numbers, and make it all pretty, but right now I just need a list of abilities and what they do. Thank you for your assistance.:smallbiggrin:

Philemonite
2014-07-18, 10:44 AM
Base rules are done, I will add a bunch of examples when I get the time.

WARNING:This system was not meant to emulate digimon directly. If I wanted to do that I would port Dusk/Dawn to a tabletop format, which wound't actually be that hard for someone who is really interested. It is (hopefully) a fun little system that will allow you to create your own adventures with digimon. I like to think of it as something between the complexity of D&D and lack of structure of freeform games.
I am aware that my method of Armor Digivolution has nothing to do with the anime. There is really no need to point that out.:smallwink:

Philemonite
2014-07-18, 02:19 PM
Sample Digimon:

Resistance: Wind
Weakness: Thunder
Family:Wind Guardians
Attributes:
STR:3(+2=5)
VIT:0(+1=1)
AGI:5(+3=8)
INT:3(+2=5)
WIS:2(+1=3)
WIL:2(+1=3)

Initiative-3d6+8
Physical Attack(PA)-3d6+5
Magical Attack(MA)-3d6+5
Affliction Attack(AA)-3d6+3
Physical Evade(PE)-17
Magical Evade(ME)-19
Affliction Evade(AE)-19
Physical Defense(PD)-1
Magical Defense(MD)-3
Affliction Defense(AD)-3
HP-20

Techniques:
Beak Pecker
Attack: PA Vs PE
Damage: 1d8+3+PA/5+1/2 level
Elemental: Wind
Feather Strike
Attack: MA+1 Vs ME
Damage: 1d6+3+MA/5+1/2 level
Attributes:
STR:5(+3=8)
VIT:1(+2=3)
AGI:8(+4=12)
INT:5(+3=8)
WIS:3(+2=5)
WIL:3(+2=5)

Initiative-3d6+12
Physical Attack(PA)-3d6+8
Magical Attack(MA)-3d6+8
Affliction Attack(AA)-3d6+5
Physical Evade(PE)-23
Magical Evade(ME)-25
Affliction Evade(AE)-25
Physical Defense(PD)-3
Magical Defense(MD)-5
Affliction Defense(AD)-5

Techniques:
Grand Horn
Attack: PA-1 Vs PE
Damage: 1d10+3+PA/5+1/2 level
Wind Breath
Effect: Boosts one ally's PE by 2+Wisdom/3 bonus for 3 turns
Resistance: Wood
Weakness: Fire
Family:Jungle Troopers
Attributes:
STR:5(+1=6)
VIT:1(+1=2)
AGI:8(+1=9)
INT:5(+2=7)
WIS:3(+2=5)
WIL:3(+3=6)

Initiative-3d6+9
Physical Attack(PA)-3d6+6
Magical Attack(MA)-3d6+7
Affliction Attack(AA)-3d6+6
Physical Evade(PE)-19
Magical Evade(ME)-22
Affliction Evade(AE)-23
Physical Defense(PD)-2
Magical Defense(MD)-5
Affliction Defense(AD)-6

Techniques:
Kusanagi
Attack: MA Vs ME
Damage: 1d8+3+MA/5+1/2 level
Elemental: Wood
Ninja Wind
Effect: Boosts Shurimon's PE/ME/AE by 1+Wisdom/3 bonus for 3 turns
Elemental: Wood
Attributes:
STR:5(+2=7)
VIT:1(+1=2)
AGI:8(+3=11)
INT:5(+2=7)
WIS:3(+1=4)
WIL:3(+1=4)

Initiative-3d6+11
Physical Attack(PA)-3d6+7
Magical Attack(MA)-3d6+7
Affliction Attack(AA)-3d6+4
Physical Evade(PE)-21
Magical Evade(ME)-23
Affliction Evade(AE)-23
Physical Defense(PD)-2
Magical Defense(MD)-4
Affliction Defense(AD)-4

Techniques:
Tempest Wing
Attack: MA Vs ME
Damage: 1d8+3+MA/5+1/2 level
Udjat Gaze
Attack: AA Vs AE
Damage: 1d4+2+AA/5+1/2 level
Effect: 50% Sleep, 2 turns

dethkruzer
2014-07-18, 02:31 PM
you know, this is right up my alley. I could maybe help you with it (once my schedule isn't quite as hectic), assuming you'll accept a helping hand.

Philemonite
2014-07-18, 02:38 PM
you know, this is right up my alley. I could maybe help you with it (once my schedule isn't quite as hectic), assuming you'll accept a helping hand.

I am always up for some help, and I know you are familiar with SMT version, so you already know the basics.:smallbiggrin:

Penguinator
2014-07-18, 11:33 PM
Pepper Breath:
Magical
Damage
Fire

Poison Ivy:
Affliction
Poison
Wood

Bubble Blow:
Magical
Damage
Water

Claw Attack:
Physical
Damage
Earth?

Horn Attack:
Physical
Damage
Earth?

Poison Claws (?):
Physical/Affliction
Damage/Poison
Dark

Little Blaster/Super Shocker:
Magical
Damage
Electric

I'll have to dig up more, but that's what springs to mind.

Philemonite
2014-07-19, 02:16 PM
Pepper Breath:
Magical
Damage
Fire

I always considered Pepper Breath as more physical attack, but that's probably because Agumon would represent physical attacker in a standard RPG party.:smallbiggrin:(Ask me about the others.:smallamused:)

Poison Ivy:
Affliction
Poison
Wood

Bubble Blow:
Magical
Damage
Water

Pretty much what I would say.

Claw Attack:
Physical
Damage
Earth?

Horn Attack:
Physical
Damage
Earth?

Poison Claws (?):
Physical/Affliction
Damage/Poison
Dark

This three can be based on target's innate elemental (Fire for Dragon's Roar, Earth for Nature's Spirits...)

Little Blaster/Super Shocker:
Magical
Damage
Electric

I love my Tentomon.:smallamused:

I think dusk/dawn uses Thunder, so I want with that. I know, it's technically inaccurate, but I don't care.:smallbiggrin: