PDA

View Full Version : The most OP monk ever (for this level)

Hazrond
2014-07-16, 02:33 PM
So here's an idea, a illumian with one level of sorcerer and enough levels of monk to qualify for level 1 of cancer mage, he has the arcane strike feat and the infinite strength to spell slots trick he proceeds to burn ALL of his immense spell slots into a single arcane strike and absolutely wreck whatever he's fighting from his pillar of arcane fire (my imagining of what burning so many spell slots at once would look like), thoughts?

Snowbluff
2014-07-16, 02:36 PM
Doesn't having a huge Str make Arcane Strike redundant?

Also, at Nigh Infinite Strength, you monkness is irrelevant.

Hazrond
2014-07-16, 02:40 PM
Doesn't having a huge Str make Arcane Strike redundant?

Also, at Nigh Infinite Strength, you monkness is irrelevant.

After that he takes mage slayer then improved initiative with every feat :P, proceeds to WRECK anything he comes in contact with

Edit: arcane strike gives me the mental image of him going super saiyan :)

Edit 2.0: with all the exp he gets for one-shotting stuff way above his level he takes levels of artificer and crafts himself gloves that deal 1d6 of every energy of damage, therefore removing the worry of having to deal with trolls regeneration and such

Edit 3.0: I realize that it's not possible to take Improved Initiative more than once, it was a joke

thethird
2014-07-16, 02:51 PM
Why is monk needed? Why is this character defined as a monk and not as a cancer mage?

Snowbluff
2014-07-16, 02:52 PM
I would work on flight and other things to defend yourself with before energy damage. :smallwink: