PDA

View Full Version : Welcome, To the Arena!

jordan.k93
2014-07-16, 06:27 PM
"You are surrounded by your comrades, the portcullis separating you from the arena that you know holds whatever monsters, beasts, cut-throats and sellswords the powers that be can conjure"

So I'm going to DM a short adventure based on a Arena, gladiator style, and other than fiendish goblin tribe headed by a fiendish troll, maybe a few lions and some Krendars I'm not sure what else to throw at the party?

Party level 9, full WBL, what interesting encounters can you giants think up that might be interesting?

Skevvix
2014-07-16, 10:58 PM
Have different environmental themes. Have one be a desert, the next be in a forest, next flood the area and have it be aquatic. If you want to really challenge them take a peek at this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187046-That-s-ONLY-CR-9-Let-s-Read-The-Monster-Manual-II) thread for some sinister ideas.

For the first encounter, have them enter a replica of a kobold lair, and run them like they are intended (www.tuckerskobolds.com). :smallamused:

Aegis013
2014-07-17, 01:32 AM
4 Dragonborn(Heart) Dragonfire Adepts all using metabreath, with different elemental effects and Endure Exposure across their own party.

Clinging + Lingering Breath + Shape Breath (Cone) + Enlarge Breath + Heighten Breath
Apply Lingering Breath a ton of times on one of their breath weapons and fill the entire arena with huge amounts of constant energy damage on their foes. Your players will hate it!

I did this to my group in an arena thing... I didn't realize how insane it would be in that setting until it was happening. They scraped by though.