PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Power ups for a maze arena.

Snowbluff
2014-07-16, 07:37 PM
So I have a maze arena for a ToS style battle royale. I started with a basic maze, so I didn't put any traps in it. I did put in some teleportation circles and power ups. The teleporters randomly teleport the players to one of the other 3 teleporters when they step on them. The power ups respawn every 1d4+1 rounds as a random power up.

However, I only have a "Heals 50 HP" and "Restoration" power up right now. May I have a few suggestions for some power ups for level 10 arena fighters?:smallsmile:

Hazrond
2014-07-16, 07:42 PM
So I have a maze arena for a ToS style battle royale. I started with a basic maze, so I didn't put any traps in it. I did put in some teleportation circles and power ups. The teleporters randomly teleport the players to one of the other 3 teleporters when they step on them. The power ups respawn every 1d4+1 rounds as a random power up.

However, I only have a "Heals 50 HP" and "Restoration" power up right now. May I have a few suggestions for some power ups for level 10 arena fighters?:smallsmile:

Free true strike on next attack?

Shieldbunny
2014-07-16, 07:58 PM
DR 3/adamantine for 3 minutes?

Thiyr
2014-07-16, 08:18 PM
Do they know what the powerups before they're picked up?

Haste for 5 rounds on the person who gets it.
One time only use of Iron Heart Surge (stored for use at a later time)
Big ol' blast o' damage in a radius around them when it's picked up.
Summon loyal monster to assist for a minute (follows mental commands)
Whenever you physically move during before the end of your next move, the area you moved through get filled with a wall of fire (per the spell, CL 15)The wall lasts for 3 rounds.

Assuming the maze is intended to be a hazard (that is, they can't remember the layout without mapping it or something), you can see through the inner walls of the maze for 5 rounds.

Snowbluff
2014-07-16, 08:53 PM
They will know what it is by looking at it.

Here's what I have from your suggestions:
1) Hardness 5 for 3 rounds.
2) Haste for 3 rounds.
3) Summon Monster III of some kind.
4) Removed a status condition or effect as a free action in the next 3 turns.
5) Place a Wall of Fire (min CL)
6) Casts True Strike.
7) See through walls (they'll have maps, but no the locations of the enemies) for 3 rounds.

The Grue
2014-07-16, 08:57 PM
I'm amazed no one has mentioned an Invisibility or Enlarge power-up yet.

Snowbluff
2014-07-16, 09:15 PM
I'm amazed no one has mentioned an Invisibility or Enlarge power-up yet.

Invisibility got banned after the last arena we did. Coincidentally, I'm not participating in this event and I will be DMing.