PDA

View Full Version : Is there an index for loophole or infinite feedback things?

Ken Murikumo
2014-07-16, 08:42 PM
Like things that buff another ability only to have it influence the original ability or similar effects.

I've seen a few mentioned on here but with no detail and a google search turned up nothing.

Also you folks can post overpowered ability/feat/class feature stacking things you've discovered. I'm just trying to expand my knowledge to bust out a game ender on an unsuspecting DM. (Don't worry, he does the same to us when he is a PC and someone else is DMing)

3.5 and PF only, please.

Vaz
2014-07-17, 04:04 AM
Consumptive Field (and its greater version) allows you to increase your Caster level to 1.5* what it was before. Casting it again increases that cap by 1.5 again. etc, etc.

So a CL20 becomes CL30 after one casting. After two castings, CL30 becomes CL45, after 3 it becomes 67, after 4 it becomes 100, after 5, it becomes 150.

The only issue now is getting enough things to kill to power that increase.

CryptbornAkryea
2014-07-17, 04:41 AM
Just out of curiosity... Could that be Persisted?

Vaz
2014-07-17, 04:47 AM
Yes, indeed it can. The Problem with Persisting something like Greater Consumptive Field is that you walk into town, and suddenly, everyone is swarming around you, thanking you for saving them from the dragon, and then they all just drop dead whenever they get within 30ft of you. First time I ever used that combination, I had a hard time explaining it to the King as to why I'd killed over 40 people after teleporting into the market square. I didn't even realise it was my spell that had caused that, until a we started little rats and domestic animals etc dying as we made our way to the citadel (of course - everyone else bomb burst in the opposite direction, so no more were killed). Consequently, our reward was halved, which the party decided that "an even share" meant that I had no share.

CryptbornAkryea
2014-07-17, 04:54 AM
Sounds about perfect for an assault on a city.