PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Need help balancing DMM Persistant with Divine Impetus.

clericgirl
2014-07-17, 05:59 AM
OK so I'm playing a necro cleric in one of my many campaigns I'm in. I'm currently lv 12 (cloistered cleric 12//crusader 5/RKV 7). (DM approved having a theurge in a gestalt) Full build will be cloistered cleric 15/paragnostic apostle 5//crusader 5/ RKV 10/Crusader 5.

I have two nightsticks that stack and renew each day and a reliquary holy symbol. I also have a greater meta-rod of extend. With my cha, sticks, symbol, and 2 extra turning feats I have 24 turn undead a day. I'm allowed to extend my persisted spells to 48 hours so I have 6 persisted spells usually active, three without using the rod. The problem is that they leave me no room for divine impetus.

These are my persisted spells:
Divine Retaliation
Divine Power
Shield of Faith
Consumption field
Righteous Might
Visage of the Deity

I like all of these but I need to shave a few off as I don't think I'm getting anymore nightsticks soon.
So what can I cut? The extra one swift action when needed from divine impetus is nice, not to mention divine recovery. So what is the best spells to cut from my list? Or should I beg to be allowed to get rid of RKV and go strait crusader?

clericgirl
2014-07-17, 09:29 AM
No one? Que the crickets

sideswipe
2014-07-17, 11:10 AM
why the wasted caster level increases? unless your dm is allowing you to gain extra levels above hit dice?

Trasilor
2014-07-17, 11:25 AM
OK so I'm playing a necro cleric in one of my many campaigns I'm in. I'm currently lv 12 (cloistered cleric 12//crusader 5/RKV 7). (DM approved having a theurge in a gestalt) Full build will be cloistered cleric 15/paragnostic apostle 5//crusader 5/ RKV 10/Crusader 5.

I have two nightsticks that stack and renew each day and a reliquary holy symbol. I also have a greater meta-rod of extend. With my cha, sticks, symbol, and 2 extra turning feats I have 24 turn undead a day. I'm allowed to extend my persisted spells to 48 hours so I have 6 persisted spells usually active, three without using the rod. The problem is that they leave me no room for divine impetus.

These are my persisted spells:
Divine Retaliation
Divine Power
Shield of Faith
Consumption field
Righteous Might
Visage of the Deity

I like all of these but I need to shave a few off as I don't think I'm getting anymore nightsticks soon.
So what can I cut? The extra one swift action when needed from divine impetus is nice, not to mention divine recovery. So what is the best spells to cut from my list? Or should I beg to be allowed to get rid of RKV and go strait crusader?

Hireling everyday does the following:

Teleport
Cast
Teleport

clericgirl
2014-07-17, 11:56 AM
why the wasted caster level increases? unless your dm is allowing you to gain extra levels above hit dice? I've actually thought about dropping rkv and going strait crusader

sideswipe
2014-07-17, 12:11 PM
I've actually thought about dropping rkv and going strait crusader

that would be a lot better then what you have now. you will have the same caster level and spells but more manoeuvres. if you want to theurge i would take rkv on the crusader side and only have cleric on the cleric side when you dont get the increase. you can then dip things to give you more turn undead. like dread necromancer 1 and take tomb tainted soul to give you unlimited healing and a bunch more turn attempts. if you have cha +3 then this is an extra persist.

so you would be more like (cloistered cleric 6/dread necro 1/class x 4/cloistered cleric 1/ class x 1//crusader 5/RKV 7)

and you can dip one other class to give you something you might want. all you have to be to take dread necromancer is non good.

class x could be more crusader or could be another casting class, say you take bard, you could after taking RKV to max take some cleric and sublime chord/bard

making you -
cloistered cleric 6/dread necro 1/bard 4/cloistered cleric 1/ bard 3/sublime chord 5 //crusader 5/RKV 10/cleric 4/ crusader 1

you have 19th level cleric casting, 9th level manoeuvre's, and 7th level arcane spells (which can be any bard spell and any other wiz/sorc spell from level 4-7).
(i took 1 level of crusader at level 20 instead of cleric to get 9th level manoeuvres).

personally i think it would be a good bet.

if you want it less complex then just cleric//crusader.

Gabrosin
2014-07-17, 03:10 PM
Shouldn't you be getting a Charisma bump from Visage of the Deity? Would give you a couple of spare turns per day.

Shield of Faith seems pretty lame compared to the rest of your list. How about Channeled Divine Shield instead? DR 10/evil's not too shabby, probably a lot more effective than an AC boost.

What you really need is to gain access to a second turning pool, via Sacred Exorcist or another such class. That would nearly double your pool of turns to use each day.