PDA

View Full Version : Money to burn

Chester
2014-07-17, 06:03 AM
Hello!

After a hefty reward and hoarding lots of gold, my Dread Necromancer has 29,133 gold to spend. I want something nice, but the party would most likely frown upon "really evil necromancery things".

I have a Cloak of Charisma +2 and was thinking of adding Displacement to it; I could also do something with my mithril breastbplate +1. However, I'm open to suggestions.

I don't have to spend all 29,000+, but I do want one thing that's expensive. Suggestions?

Requiem_Jeer
2014-07-17, 07:12 AM
It would be hard to go wrong with spending 12k of that upping your charisma cloak to a +4, That displacement idea's pretty good...

But something that may intrigue you is a Portable Hole. Your undead aren't usually travel-friendly, and you can shove a good deal of undead in a portable hole.

Faily
2014-07-17, 08:05 AM
Pathfinder or 3.5?

Both systems got nice utility-magic items.

In Pathfinder, I really like the Unfettered Shirt (Ultimate Equipment). Once per day, you can activate it as a standard action to gain Freedom of Movement for 10 minutes. Very handy if you're caught in a grapple or Evard's Black Tentacles. And it's not very pricey either.

Chester
2014-07-17, 04:22 PM
It would be hard to go wrong with spending 12k of that upping your charisma cloak to a +4, That displacement idea's pretty good...

But something that may intrigue you is a Portable Hole. Your undead aren't usually travel-friendly, and you can shove a good deal of undead in a portable hole.

Was looking into that, actually. Still, this validates my Displacement if that's the choice I go with! :smallsmile:

Pathfinder or 3.5?

Both systems got nice utility-magic items.

In Pathfinder, I really like the Unfettered Shirt (Ultimate Equipment). Once per day, you can activate it as a standard action to gain Freedom of Movement for 10 minutes. Very handy if you're caught in a grapple or Evard's Black Tentacles. And it's not very pricey either.

Sorry, that's 3.5

With a box
2014-07-17, 09:28 PM
Isn't there a rule that you can't use more then half of money at a single item?

Regissoma
2014-07-17, 09:40 PM
Alright I just have to link this obligatory link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items). Honestly for me I would help the team with a banner of the storm's eye thats 15k, or a +3 enhancement total to put Greater Blurring onto your armor. If you had just a little more gold, or can haggle prices down such as providing the spell etc, you could get both. Outside of that, the link should be most helpful as well as this one link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?148101-3-x-Shax-s-Indispensible-Haversack-%28Equipment-Handbook%29) or this link (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=350.0).

Chester
2014-07-18, 04:11 PM
Is there really a difference between Minor Displacement and Greater Blurring?

Regissoma
2014-07-18, 04:21 PM
Not really any difference outside of price. Greater Blurring has to be put on the +1 armor for a total of 16k, needs an action to turn it on for like a minute or so. Cloak of Minor Displacement, 24k no action needed just 20% displacement. Do note that anything with true seeing or what not can bypass this, but early on this is a great thing to do to increase survivability for that crit is not a hit because displacement is a beep.