PDA

View Full Version : Beguiler Advanced Learning, what to choose at level 7?

Banaticus
2014-07-17, 10:27 AM
For a Beguiler, the advanced learning feature, what spell should be chosen at level 7? The Beguiler spell list:
http://www.imarvintpa.com/dndLive/Index_Class_Desc.php?Class=Beguiler
What (up to 4th level) spell does a Beguiler really need but not already have?

Dread_Head
2014-07-17, 10:53 AM
I believe that standard advice is to take one level of a prestige class that advances spellcasting before taking that level so that you can learn Shadow Conjuration with it.

Rebel7284
2014-07-17, 10:55 AM
Typically that one level is Mindbender, but other possibilities exist, of course.

nedz
2014-07-17, 11:17 AM
I prefer Divine Oracle to pick up the Oracle domain — for some useful divinations. This shares some pre-reqs with Arcane Disciple which opens up even more options, e.g. the Travel domain for Scry and Die etc.

Kaeso
2014-07-18, 05:04 AM
I prefer Divine Oracle to pick up the Oracle domain — for some useful divinations. This shares some pre-reqs with Arcane Disciple which opens up even more options, e.g. the Travel domain for Scry and Die etc.

That would involve taking knowledge devotion as a feat, wouldn't it? I don't think the Beguiler gets knowledge (religion) as a class skill, and you need 8 ranks in that skill to enter Divine Oracle (as well as skill focus (knowledge (religion))).

nedz
2014-07-18, 05:23 AM
That would involve taking knowledge devotion as a feat, wouldn't it? I don't think the Beguiler gets knowledge (religion) as a class skill, and you need 8 ranks in that skill to enter Divine Oracle (as well as skill focus (knowledge (religion))).

You could do it that way, or in one of several ways actually :-
Education, Draconic Knowledge, Apprentice (philosopher), Apprentice (spellcaster) or Knowledge Devotion