PDA

View Full Version : Perilous Reclamation - Trailblazer Mini Adventure

Selerik
2014-07-17, 12:42 PM
Landing

A Public Flyer

The Leaf-Covered Trial

Calling Would-Be Adventurers and Novice Explorers!

The wilderness around Landing is known to be full of hazards that can kill or worse. Many who leave never return, but you can take steps to avoid that fate. Show wisdom, prepare yourself! Enter the Leaf-Covered Trial, and be faced with a series of challenges designed to test the ability of you and your allies to survive on the trail. Perform poorly and the lessons learned will be your payment, perform well and receive awards to assist in your adventuring career! Sign ups will take place at The Anchor on Saturday morning. Teams of three to four individuals are required. Training weaponry will be provided, all other supplies are your responsibility. Rewards are limited. The trial will close forever in two days.

The handful of flyers had gone up around town late Friday night, and word has spread most heavily through The Anchor.
Each of the flyers have been signed with what looks like a charcoal rectangle with the letter S in the center, and smells faintly of smoke.

This is targeting level 1 and 2 characters. Anyone who inquires with their level of 3+ character will be told they're too advanced for the trial by Snips, and be offered the opportunity to watch the new talent. If you would like to cameo your a high level character on this adventure, please message me and I will incorporate an appearance.

What you need to do to participate: Pose in your arrival at The Anchor the morning of the competition, and follow the in character Roleplay prompts I'll provide. This will be very similar to the IC thread interactions, just with more opportunities for dice and puzzles.

TorresGlitch
2014-07-19, 12:34 PM
Nice work! I'm hooked on the plot. However, I doubt I'd be able to create a character before tomorrow.
All I currently have in mind is a wizard built around a toppling magic missile user, however the idea breaks on requiring 2 magic traits.

GL & HF to the rest of you :)

Talvara
2014-07-19, 03:11 PM
Marr

The halfling was much to impatient to read the entire flyer, She caught 'the anchor'.

She'll go scope out the commotion. and skulk around the anchor. waiting for something to reveal itself.

Selerik
2014-07-19, 10:03 PM
Marr

The halfling was much to impatient to read the entire flyer, She caught 'the anchor'.

She'll go scope out the commotion. and skulk around the anchor. waiting for something to reveal itself.

The Anchor is busy. There are plenty of adventurers and recent arrivals from the boats that see this as an opportunity, a free meal, or just like to be competitive. At the head of the whole mess are Snips and Lance, sitting at a table. Snips is writing on a piece of paper, looking somewhat bored and annoyed. Marr can pick up a bit of the discussion as she arrives. "..don't get the stipend from the Countess unless ye finish it." Snips points to a table where some of the hopefuls are sitting. "Those're the other people that need a team fer this. Mosey up, chit chat, hop back in line when ye got a team of three or four together." He waves them on, taking a moment to lean back and rub at his eyes. Lance isn't really doing any of the paperwork, though he seems interested in sizing up the people who are applying.

ZarchAlDain
2014-07-20, 05:26 AM
((If anyone just wants to take part they are welcome to just use a stock NPC like:

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/mastery/nPCGallery/military.html#_foot-soldier

or

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/mastery/nPCGallery/mercenaries.html#_caravan-guard

Anything reasonable that's level 1 or 2 really.
))

Selerik
2014-07-21, 12:35 PM
Due to a lack of interest, I've spoken with Tim and the rewards associated with this are being distributed to the NPC population of Landing.