PDA

View Full Version : Complete Champion's Special Holy Symbols: Any for F. Realms or Eberron?

Miss Disaster
2014-07-17, 12:44 PM
On P. 133 of the 3.5 Complete Champion book is a listing of some really terrific and cheaply-priced special holy symbols for the major deities of the Greyhawk pantheon. They are each 350 gold pieces and have some special rules for using them. All in all, a terrific bargain for many spellcaster archetypes.

So I'm curious -- have any of you used the general pricing and ability-granting structure of these holy symbols and homebrewed some customized versions for the various gods of the Forgotten Realms and Eberron?

RolkFlameraven
2014-07-17, 12:49 PM
I have used the conversion table for the FR gods but never had the need to homebrew one. My players clerics' or paladins' never seemed to be beholden to some of the more obscure gods in the setting.

Psyren
2014-07-17, 05:57 PM
Darn, they're not magic items. Otherwise Boccob, Kord and St. Cuthbert would work with psionics (clairsentience, psychometabolism and various telepathy powers respectively.)

deuxhero
2014-07-17, 06:10 PM
If you DO import these into Eberron, be sure to have an answer on if you can get them made of Flametouched Iron.

snip

Who is god of psionics in Greyhawk/core's Greyhawk lite anyways?

Psyren
2014-07-17, 06:12 PM
Who is god of psionics in Greyhawk/core's Greyhawk lite anyways?

Zuoken for the good guys/PCs, Ilsensine for the 'flayers.

deuxhero
2014-07-17, 10:49 PM
Oh right, the guy who's name is in the non-SRD version of Psionic Fist. Thanks.

Miss Disaster
2014-07-18, 10:47 AM
Have you guys made any of these holy symbols for Forgotten Realms gods?

I'll post some ideas for some F.R. Gods later today or tomorrow.

There doesn't seem to be a clearly defined game mechanic formula for the existing special symbols for the Greyhawk gods. So I'm going to have to wing it. They key thing is, these non-magical holy symbols are only 350 gp, yet give a strong bang-for-the-buck for that price. A true magic item would cost a lot more, I think.

Miss Disaster
2014-07-23, 11:22 AM
Ugh. I wrote up 8 customized special holy symbols for various F.R. Deities.

And now I can't find the file. :-(