PDA

View Full Version : Character concept help if possible.

Malphite
2014-07-17, 01:09 PM
Hey so one of my favorite pastimes is making DnD characters out of trading cards basically taking what a card does and theme it into DnD it's quite fun for me. Today I decided to go back to a card I had as a kid and I remembered Buster Blader from Yugioh. Here's a picture for those who don't know what it is.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140119154355/dragonball/images/5/5e/Buster_blader_by_bt_ygo-d51bbfp.png

At first I thought Dragonslayer bit of ranger on top of the first 4 levels of fighter. Then I noticed well it wouldn't help his spellcasting out very much since he probably wouldn't have much for spells so maybe Dragonslayer isn't the best option. What do you guys think? How should I make this guy into a character?

Aegis013
2014-07-17, 01:30 PM
There's a Dragonslayer PrC in Draconomicon. It's 5/10 casting progression, and it is kind of weak, but it fits the flavor you're looking for.

Malphite
2014-07-17, 01:41 PM
Was what I was thinking and was the closest thing I could think of. Flavor is good for the character though it's on the top of my list.

Eonir
2014-07-17, 03:28 PM
Creature specific PrCs are kind of boring. Having a badass, dragon slaying sword I think would work better. So how about something like Warblade? If you wanted to make him more gishy you could do a personal favorite of mine, Duskblade5/Warblade1/JadePheonixMage10/Duskblade+1/Warblade+3

Snowbluff
2014-07-17, 03:33 PM
A ranger might help here. Favored Enemy.